Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Wednesday Medley...





1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?  Take a class to learn something new.
2. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own/owned?  I have a t-shirt that was my mom's.  She died in 1995.  I don't know how long she had the t-shirt, but I got it after she died and have been wearing it two or three times a month since then. I always say it feels like her arms are wrapped around me when I have it on.  I hope it never disintegrates.
3. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?  I would get back to making jewelry, or I would buy a new sewing machine and sew again, or I would get back to my genealogy research... or maybe all of those.
4. What would your perfect room look like? (You can post a picture.)  Perfection is right where we live every day...

5. When was the last time you climbed a tree?  Years and years and years ago.  But it used to be one of my favorite things to do!
6. Tell us something you will do/did today.  I took Helen to the eye doctor and then over to her house so she could make some phone calls and do a load of laundry.  My PT appointment was canceled by them and I pretty much told them to cancel it, period. I'll do some strengthening exercises on my own. I think I picked the wrong PT location, but I'm not going to go through finding somewhere else right now.  Then we went to visit Cheryl. She is doing great!
Thanks for your visit! Thanks for joining in on the Wednesday Medley to those who did.
Peace & hugs!!


22 comments:

  1. "Perfection is right where we live every day"....I LOVE that! You're such a precious Friend to Helen and Cheryl...and all of us! (thank you for letting me know about the fotos not showing up...I think I fixed it...a day late...LOL) Happy Wednesday to you, sweet Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5. When was the last time you climbed a tree?

    I sat on a seed once.

    *** *** ***

    Praying for Cheryl & Helen.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? spent more time with grandchildren
    2. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own/owned? jeans/t-shirt
    3. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue? quilting or ceramics
    4. What would your perfect room look like? (You can post a picture.) screened in porch with comfortable furniture, in the mountains somewhere
    5. When was the last time you climbed a tree? I never climbed a tree
    6. Tell us something you will do/did today. get a flu shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PT is important...You will learn how to use a walker and other things...don't give up! You take care of everyone else, take care of yourself!! I hope you take this in the spirit given. (I worked in Healthcare for 40 years.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the Wednesday Medley, Terri! My answers are on my blog today. I am sorry about your PT dis-appointment. One thing about a good PT person is the motivation factor, someone I had to report to. Good news about Cheryl. I loved the story of the T-shirt that belonged to your mom. I have a wool plaid shirt that belonged to Grandpa Roy. Unlike your mom's shirt, it is a little ratty after all these years, but I can't part with it. And my dad's sweater the same. I am so glad you wear her shirt and feel her closeness when you do. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, I love the story of the t-shirt. That is so touching and I bet your mom would be so pleased. I also like your perfect room because I was thinking the same about the room in my house that is my favorite. It has everything I need and want (except the fireplace), but that's okay. Take care of yourself. You are taking care of everybody else, you take care. I'm sorry about the PT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad to hear Cheryl is doing great.

    That is awesome about your mom's shirt.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like fun! Is this something you started? I will try to join in. I just posted part 2 of my summer update or I'd answer your questions now. I have appointments today so I need to get off the computer and get a move on. Hope to check back later today if I can remember. I need to catch up with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce has stopped the Wednesday Hodgepodge and I wanted something to drop in on Wednesdays so yes, I'm doing this but not with a linky... they cost money. No rules, but I'll post the questions on Tuesdays to answer on Wednesdays.

      Delete
  9. Love the story about your Mom's tee shirt. I know it is very special to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally 'get' your point about P.T., Terri. After being nickel-and-dimed to death a few years ago, I did the same thing and continued working (my shoulder) at home. Sweet about your mom's t-shirt, and I love that you chose your own cozy living room. Shoulda guessed you'd pick that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shoot- just lost my post here. darn it!!!
    Anyway, so glad you have the tee and feel connected to your mom when you wear it and I love that you love your home/space so much-it IS perfect!
    Have a great Wednesday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your Wednesday Medley on someone's blog today and had fun joining in. Thank you for hosting. The tee shirt of your mom's must be very special. I still have a PJ set that was my mothers and cannot part with it either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have 2 of my dads shirts I wear all the time & always feel like he's hugging me too

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy that Cheryl is doing well!!! Prayer works!!! YA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Popping over to see you today. Visiting from Miss Mary's blog. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful that you have your MoM's shirt, I can only imagine how wonderful it feels to have it on. I quit rehab too, (respiratory) I learned the exercises why go back when I can do them at home. Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you have and wear one of your moms shirts. I wish I did!
    I love your contentment and that you live in the perfect place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your cozy side by side chairs. Because of so many doorways and windows I don't have a spot to do that right now. Glad Cheryl is doing so well. They sure get you moving fast after heart surgery these days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a cute meme that a blogging friend of mine participated in today for the first time. Is it an every week meme or once a month? I would like to join up next time. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for peeking in, Lea! I am planning to do it every Wednesday but check my Tuesday for the questions to answer on Wednesday.

      Delete
  20. I was going to ask about linking, but I see your explanation in the comments. This should be a fun replacement for the Hodgepodge! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete