Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday Stealing...



Thought Provoking Questions

Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". ..  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!







Here are thought-provoking questions:

(I inadvertently erased the link!  Sorry!) 


1. When was the last time you tried something new?  I try new recipes now and then.  Does that count?

2. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?  I gave up doing that years ago.

3. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?  You have to know when to leave the party.

4. What gets you excited about life?  Each new day brings new possibilities!!

5. What life lesson did you learn the hard way? Don't just get married to get married.

6. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?  Saving for retirement.

7. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?  I ask a lot of questions.  Who knows if it is enough?

8. Who do you love and what are you doing about it?  First and foremost, I love Joe and I try to show him every day through my actions.

9. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?  That Christ died for our sins and we are saved by His blood.

10. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?  Sleep in and not worry about getting up to go to work!

11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?  For myself, I say strength.

12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?  I really don't worry about people judging me.  

13. Do you celebrate the things you do have?  I don't know that I celebrate what we have, but I am humble and thankful for the blessings I've been given.

14. What is the difference between living and existing?  They say it better than I can...





15. If not now, then when?  Ha!  Whenever I get around to it!!

16. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?  Every day is worth remembering!!  Life it too short to just let it all go by with no memory!

17. What does your joy look like today?  Taking Helen to her church and then visiting Cheryl, who is improving each day, praise God!

18. Is it possible to lie without saying a word?  By your actions, yes.

19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?  I outgrew that stuff years ago. I'm good to myself these days.

20. Which activities make you lose track of time?  Blogging, Facebook, marathon-watching a series on TV...

21. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?  At one time I wanted to be an art teacher and an English teacher.  I guess I'll stick with that.

22. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?  I've said it before and it is still true.  I don't regret anything and I have all I need in life.

23. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?  Yes. Too many clothes.

24. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?  Faith, family and dear friends.  The same things that matter most right now.

25. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?  Well, others might tell you differently but I've never been "calculating" and HOPE that I have always done what it right.


Thanks to Bev Sykes for this week's Sunday Stealing!!  You can visit HERE to join in!


Update:  Cheryl was sitting in a chair yesterday but is still hooked up to a million or so tubes. Some of them are to come out today and that should make her feel better.  Hoping she will be moved to a private room on the cardiac floor tomorrow.  She is eating soft solids, which is great!

Thanks for your visit!  Peace & hugs!!



15 comments:

  1. You have such a big heart Terri....I admire that in you so much. Good to hear that Cheryl is progressing nicely. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing you and Joe a wonderful day.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Cheryl is improving, smiles.
    Hope you have a lovely day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update on Cheryl! So glad to hear she is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your answers, #15 made me laugh because it sounds like me! Good to know Cheryl is doing okay. Hope you and Joe have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear Cheryl is improving so quickly!!!
    And yes, I don't give a rip what others think about me, and I'm living life out loud.
    Blessings, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Cheryl!
    Thought-provoking, for sure! Ditto what you said about sleeping in; and I enjoyed a good chuckle over #15. Retirement rocks!

    PS - I really appreciate your positive outlook on life, Terri. I hope and pray one day it will rub off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phenomenal hospital update!!!
    Too late we realize life is too short so we definitely need to be living each day rather than existing. Why oh why didn't we recognize that earlier?!!! I think we did some days but not enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news about Cheryl!! I loved your answers for Sunday Stealing. Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. But if everyone learned when to leave the party what would we post on Facebook and Instagram??? LOL
    Super news about Cheryl! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed reading your list :-)

    Blessings, Renee
    https://myfaithisoverflowing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great answers, Terri. I like how secure you are in yourself and your life. You LIKE yourself just as you are and I think that is a really important life lesson. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good answers all the way through! Glad to hear another good update on Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's very good news about your friend, Cheryl. I'm glad she is improving and it definitely will feel better to be disconnected from everything. That was a whole lotta questions and they were thought provoking. You are a very confident person who has learned what matters in life and how to live it. Those were good graphics.

    ReplyDelete