Saturday, September 29, 2018

The Saturday 9...





So Into You

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: So Into You (1977)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here. 

1) The singer says that he noticed the lady in question as soon as she walked into the room. Tell us about someone who made a powerful first impression on you.  You all know my answer is Joe!!  I saw him across the room and was drawn to him on the spot! Truth!

2) He sings that he's so into her, he can't think about other, more mundane things. Do you find you get easily distracted from your daily tasks? Or do you enjoy seeing your everyday chores through completion?  I don't know how much I "enjoy" seeing my chores completed, but I do stay on task when I begin something.

3) The band took their name from Georgia's biggest city. Have you ever been to Atlanta?  Not to visit, though when you spend two hours crawling along through town on I-75 it might feel like you have visited.

4) The Atlanta Rhythm Section once played the White House. President Carter's son, Chip, was a big fan and invited them to play at his 28th birthday party. How did you celebrate your last birthday?  I'm sure we went out to eat, probably to Bone Fish Grill, though I don't really remember for sure. It was nearly 10 months ago and not a milestone birthday.

5) Studio One, where the band made all their recordings, was torn down and replaced by a parking lot. Can you think of a structure that you missed after it met with a wrecking ball?  Nothing comes to mind.

6) This song hit #7 on the US pop charts. 7 is the number most often chosen as "a lucky number." How about you? Do you have a lucky number?  I don't really believe in numerology and fortune stuff, but the number 3 has played a part in my life here and there (and not always for good).

7) Today the Atlanta Rhythm Section reunites with to play at classic rock concerts. What oldies band would you love to see again?  I never went to concerts but it would be fun to see the Rolling Stones as they were if I could do it without a crowd screaming and yelling all around me...
 
8) In 1977, the star of NBC's Chico and the Man, Freddie Prinze, took his own life. Is there a celebrity death you found shocking?  Robin Williams, for one.

9) Random question: What word do you always misspell?  I am a terrible speller and misspell lots of them. Thank goodness for spell check!! Seriously!


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!"Enjoy your weekend!  Thanks to Crazy Sam for this week's questions!  You can join in HERE!

Thanks for your visit!! Happy weekend!!  Peace & hugs.

13 comments:

  1. 1) The singer says that he noticed the lady in question as soon as she walked into the room. Tell us about someone who made a powerful first impression on you.

    The pizza delivery man. It was a really nice pizza.

    2) He sings that he's so into her, he can't think about other, more mundane things. Do you find you get easily distracted from your daily tasks? Or do you enjoy seeing your everyday chores through completion?

    Obviously this man has never had a pizza.

    9) Random question: What word do you NEVER misspell?

    Pizza.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just standing there for a photo for the album cover. No posing, just lined up and smiling awkwardly like a family photo. Ha ha! A few years later everyone starting posing hard for these covers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was interesting. Never heard of the group or the song. But, then again, I've been out of touch with that world for a long time...However, I did notice my husband across a crowded room, not by his looks, but by his laugh. Then when I actually met him face to face, it was his eyes and his smile...and then it was LOVE! What word do I never misspell? spaghetti, ever since I misspelled it in the county wide spelling bee in front of the whole world it seemed. Now I am very careful about that word!!! LOL. (did I spell it right?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Terri, after an hour going ten miles in Atlanta last weekend, I opted to stay home with the grands and let Marvin and Ben go to the Tech game today. That traffic is horrendous. I am not sure how people can live there and deal with it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always spell toilet wrong, toliet. I'm not sure why. Hubby says my toilet is French. lol
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the band well, especially since I grew up in the Atlanta area. And yes, the traffic around here is dreadful! At least we live in Kennesaw, north of the metro, so as long as we stay away from downtown, we're pretty good to go.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another blogging friend (who I have met in person) who lives in Kennesaw. https://chattycrone.blogspot.com/ We had lunch at a Cracker Barrel right off I-75 when we were traveling north a few years ago. So I have been to Kennesaw!

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed these questions, and your answers. I did not go to concerts either, and totally detest driving thru or actually anywhere close to Atlanta and all their traffic. If I had wings, I would fly over! lol Happy Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Terri! True about going through Atlanta, it does feel like you have visited because you are there so long, it was the most boring part of our trip.
    I agree with Robin Williams. That truly was a shock. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd a feeling you'd answer #1, "Joe, of course." Of course!!! :)
    I saw the Stones years ago at Raymond James stadium in Tampa -- but you're right about the screaming crowds. I wasn't bothered at the time, but wouldn't like it at all now. Mostly, I remember the air being THICK with marijuana smoke.

    Even tho' I was living in Arizona at the time, I bawled like a baby while watching the demolition/implosion of Texas Stadium (online). Too many memories for this old heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most concerts I attended were country western or gospel. One death I still find shocking is Natalie Wood. I think it's cool that you were attracted so quickly to Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apologies for getting behind in visiting....school, mil, car issues and pretty much no time has left only FB visits. sigh

    I enjoyed your answers, thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They don't make music like they used to! Love that song!

    ReplyDelete