First an update: we spent a few hours with Cheryl at the hospital yesterday. Helen and I went first thing in the morning and then left around lunchtime. Joe had a 1:00 appointment with his cardiologist. Helen and I had lunch, I dropped her off at her house and then went to pick up Joe.
Joe's aortic valve had not changed but the aortic stenosis had changed from 3 point something to 2 point something (sorry, I don't understand what all that means, except it is a little worse). It still isn't bad enough to do surgery, so he goes back in March (unless he feels he is getting worse). We feel blessed for this good news, but also kind of let down because I think Joe is ready to get it done.
We picked Helen up at her house and then went back to the hospital after Joe's appointment and all three of us visited with Cheryl for another couple of hours. I had our dinner in the crock pot here at home so we enjoyed pulled pork, oven fries and a medley of veggies steamed in the microwave. Ice cream is always for dessert at our house! LOL
Cheryl called later last night to let us know she is FIRST in the operating room this morning. Her surgery is scheduled for 6:30 a.m. She laughingly told us we did not have to come that early! Helen and I will get there before she is out of the OR and will stay until we see her in her room. We hope she does well enough to not need the ICU overnight. Your prayers (again) are appreciated!!
I don't have many new photos and none of it is very interesting, but here is my offereing...
Vinny is quite interested in something on the door.
Do you see that little blip at the top left on the window?
It is our 'resident' little frog. Isn't he (or she) cute?!
I made blueberry muffins to have for a few breakfasts.
Helen likes blueberry muffins and only wants one
with her coffee in the morning.
Speaking of Helen, she doesn't know I snapped this photo
but here she is, watching Blue Bloods with us last night.
When I am 90 years old, I hope I can sit like that (I sure can't at 66!).
Wishing you all a good Friday and weekend ahead. Thanks for your visit!! Peace & hugs!!





Praying.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
It can be good about Joe's situation, but I know you have a good doctor who knows best. Will certainly pray for Cheryl this morning and the doctors as well. Love the froggie and seeing Vinny watching intently! Have a good Friday and upcoming weekend when fall arrives!
ReplyDeletePrayed for all of you this morning. I know all will go well with the surgery.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear Joe doesn't need surgery yet but I totally understand "just want to get it done" too.
ReplyDeleteVinny is such a cutie. We have frogs that hang around our door too.
I hope Cheryl's surgery goes well.
Terri, Praying for you, your friends and family. Seems some times all we get done is go to appointments for our health. I tell my husband , our job now it to stay healthy. :) Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie
ReplyDeletePrayers for Cheryl. The muffins look so good, wish I had one with my morning coffee! Also sending for prayers for Joe!
ReplyDeletePrayers for Cheryl and Joe.
ReplyDeleteI like that cute frog but those muffins look wonderful!
Homemade blueberry muffins sound wonderful! And isn't a frog on the sill supposed to be good luck? I hope your and Helen's day wasn't too tiring? Praying for Cheryl's swift healing!
ReplyDeleteHelen is a trooper, that's for sure! Know I'm praying for Cheryl and for a marvelous outcome from the surgery. May all of you feel God's comfort and peace at this stressful juncture in your lives.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Terri!
Praying all went well for Cheryl! Glad Joe got a good report, but I can understand he wants to be done with it. Blueberry muffins sound perfect!
ReplyDeleteGood news right now about Mr. Joe. I can't sit like that, eithe. ☺ I always enjoy pics of your fur babies! 💜
ReplyDelete