Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Tuesday 4...


Thanks to Annie for this week's 4.  You can join in HERE!!

Music


Tuesday 4 is hosted in memory of Toni Taddeo who started it a few years ago and I hope you will join in with us each week. It is a great way to visit new bloggers, make friends, and discover new and interesting things about your friends.

The topic for this week's Tuesday 4 meme is Music...


1. Do you play a musical instrument?
Yes, the trumpet.

2. Have you taken music lessons? What kind. If not, is there one you might enjoy learning. It is never too late to start.  Yes, I learned to play the trumpet. I also had piano and organ lessons but don't play...started too late and can't read bass clef as well as the treble clef.

3. Is there music in your home as background to your day's activities or do you have music playing in your car, etc.? If so, what kind of music do you enjoy hearing?  No music at home but we have Sirius in the car.

4.  Do you have a favorite composer or genre of music that you like most? Maybe you like several. Please share with us your thoughts?  I enjoy classic country and classic rock (50-60-70s). I enjoy big-band and smooth jazz.


The only thing on my calendar today is my annual mammogram. Wish me luck!!
We saw Helen yesterday and she seemed much better but we did get an appointment with her doctor, who is a geriatric specialist, on Thursday.

Thanks for stopping by!
Peace & hugs!  God bless!!





19 comments:

  1. Terri, Do you still practice your trumpet? I always wanted to play piano....and wish my girls had. One granddaughter took a few years lessons but then did not want to spend time at home practicing, so sad. I think her dad can play piano a little. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. yes, love the old rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. My sister got my trumpet and it was not salvageable after she used it through high school. I have an old cornet that was given to me and do toot on it now and then but I would never play in front of anyone!

      Delete
  2. There is always some kind of music playing at the house and always in the car. I like the oldies, soft jazz, and gospel. I dont play an instrument and regret not having learned any when I was young. Have a blessed day and good luck on the mammogram....ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never learned any instruments. My hubby and son play a few of them.
    Good luck on your mammogram

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers today.
    I have one brother that plays the trumpet and
    another brother that gives piano concerts.
    Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to read your answers. Just had my mammo two weeks ago. Everything is okay. Praying the same for you. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you in prayer, Terri and Helen too. I enjoyed your answers, still no mammograms or elective whatever here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sax and keyboard and the band was great fun with nice kids for me... I think the band and chorus attract an interesting group of kids....at least my group.. Good luck with the mammo....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I play the guitar, but haven't done so in several years now. Think I need to take it back up, especially during this time of isolation.
    Glad to know Helen seems to be doing a bit better, but it's good she has an upcoming appointment with her doctor.
    Blessings, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the trumpet! That is so cool!
    Good luck with your mammogram. I had mine last month. Loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with that mammogram, Terri! My parents made me take both violin and piano -- the latter 7 years. But I hated both with a purple passion. You know what's weird? A couple years ago I picked up one of Tom's music books and discovered nothing made sense ...I've totally forgotten how to read music!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have Sirius too and love it!! We listen to Willie's Roadhouse, they play old country hits. We enjoy those moldie oldies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Willie's Roadhouse and also Classic Country.

      Delete
  12. So you play the trumpet! Do you ever play at Church? I took organ lessons too - and could pick around it now, but not really play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, no. I can't play anymore. I remember how but the lip is gone!

      Delete
  13. I never learned any instruments. Wish I had learned to play the piano, but wasn't interested at the time and now I don't have the patience. Would love to hear you play the trumpet! I always enjoy good trumpet tunes! I love Christian music of all kinds. My hubby likes classical music, so we often listen to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't play anymore, Pam. The lip and the gut are gone.

      Delete
  14. I'm so glad Helen is doing better. Good to still have her see the Dr though!
    I tried the trumpet - had one year of band but that was it. I did stick with piano though - took 8 years of lessons. I used to play for church, still play for fun.
    I love all sorts of music. I usually listen to Contemporary Christian music, but also like New Orleans Jazz, 50's music, Michael Buble... I like it all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The trumpet! That's pretty cool. I played clarinet for a little while but took piano lessons for quite a few years.

    ReplyDelete