Sunday, January 30, 2022

Sunday Stealing...

 Thanks to Bev for today's questions!  You can join in HERE!


Blabbermouth

1. January usually has ample amounts of snowfall in parts of the world. Did you ever make snow cream as a kid?  No. I have eaten snow but never made snow cream.

2. January is one of the months with 31 days. What are you going to do with that extra day?  It's a Monday, so I will be at work.  Just another day.

3. In medieval times superstition dictated that the 1st day of January was significant for prosperity, or lack of it, in a person's life. Farmers put a flat cake on the horns of a cow and they danced and sang songs around the cow until the cake was thrown to the ground. If it fell in front of the cow that meant good luck; it if fell behind the cow that meant bad luck for the rest of the year.  Do you have strange New Year customs in your household?  Nope!! LOL

4. On January 14, 1986 motorists were required for the first time to wear seat belts? Do you always buckle up? Why or why not?  I do, indeed, always buckle up.  Why... because it makes sense to prevent me from flying through the windshield in an accident.

5.. Have you ever blabber-mouthed something to a significant other that in hindsight you really should have kept to yourself?  Not that I can think of.

6. Have you ever written anything on your blog that you wish you could take back?  Not that comes to mind.

7. Are you the blabber or the blabbee?  Tell us your most embarrassing blabbermouth moment.  I don't think I am a blabber.  I don't recall an embarrassing blabbermouth moment.

8. Who is the biggest blabbermouth tattletale in your household?  It's just me and the cats now.  Joe and I didn't keep secrets from each other but I don't consider that blabbing.

9. You are the Blog Paparazzi! Which blogger's real photograph are you most interested in getting?  Can't think of a soul.  Sorry. Not interested.

10. If you could hire the loudest and most skilled blabbermouth in the universe to do your talking for you and advertise it well, what message would you like to spread to humanity?  John 3:16. Spread the word of our awesome God!!

11. Are you always on time or just a tad late?  I am usually early.

12. Is there someone in your life that irritates you regularly about not being on time?  No, no one that irritates me. Sometimes you can't help being a little tardy.

13. Can you think of a time when you were late for something and it was REALLY a big deal?  Nope. 

14. If you were on your way to work and had five minutes to get there, would you stop in the road to rescue a crossing turtle?  I sure would.  I work for Florida Fish & Wildlife.  I actually stopped and helped a gopher tortoise cross the road... I was on my way home, though, not going to work.

15. Have you ever had to actually punch a time clock?  LOL... yes! Remember that horrid job I had for three months before my current job?  He had me punch a clock.  It was so ridiculous. Three employees and I did the payroll.  Fifty-five years of working and I punched a clock for three months. Bless his heart!

Stay warm out there!!

Peace & hugs!
Jesus is my Rock!!











10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't actually call punching a clock where I work, but we do have to input our employee numbers into a time clock. Oh, maybe that is punching a clock, LOL.

    Have a beautiful day, Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no blabbermouth either, Terri, but I sure would like to spread the Good News of the Gospel as much as I can during my days here on earth.
    And yes, I would certainly stop for an injured animal if I thought I could be of help. Good for you!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope I'm not a blabbermouth. If that's like being a gossip, that's wicked, cowardly and cruel. Wouldn't want to ever "go there". I'm sure I've messed up but hopefully it wasn't deliberate.
    The one time I've "punched a clock" was with a Savings & Loan in Jacksonville. I found it humiliating. I try to always give 100% at whatever task or job I have. This made me feel unappreciated, so, I didn't stay. The people were super though. Some of the nicest folks I've ever had the pleasure to work with.
    Love & Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. John 3:16 indeed! Wearing a seat belt comes second nature to me; wish I could say the same for Tom, but I'm DONE nagging.
    When, after nearly 15 years in the workforce I had to start punching a time clock? Yep, 'Bless their hearts' ...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The schools have gone to computer time clocks for the classified staff (janitors, cooks, paras, etc). I think they did that because they were being overworked. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Terri Fun Post: Yes, I am retired, anything goes on the first extra day, I do not believe in superstition, I always wear a seatbelt, I feel safer, yes, wish I had kept my mouth shut, No and happy about that on my blog, just our new dog, he likes to blabber in his own way, yes, I like seeing other bloggers animals I am an animal lover, my message would be please be kind and love everyone, I am usually early or right on time, yes any animal even a snake, yes years ago at a factory.
    I hope you have a wonderful day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, being a blabbermouth is not a good way to make friends and influence people. It's one of those "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" kind of things...However, in my capacity as a supervisor I've had to report some serious issues of misconduct to the higher ups, and that was not a pleasant task at all, especially when it meant someone had to lose their job. But it was not something that I took lightly. It was part of my responsibility to do it, and it really hurt to do so. yes, I've had to punch a time clock when working in a position in the county school system. But more often than not I've had to figure out other employees' time cards and post the payroll...and that could be a very tedious job as well. I'm so glad I'm retired now. I don't miss any of that stuff at all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Terri! I am so happy that you are enjoying your new job so much. Loved your answers. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your answers, Terri. My hubby is the blabbermouth and I have to filter what I tell him so he doesn't repeat it. lol. I am the listener. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen! to your answer for #10.

    Wow, the theme of this meme really kept to the topic of "blabbermouth", didn't it? You handled it skillfully.

    As for New Year's Day traditions to encourage good luck, given what you and I went thru in late 2020 and early 2021, I can't even joke about "good luck" traditions.

    ReplyDelete