Monday, January 31, 2022

Monday's Weekend Recap...

Monday's Weekend Recap

It was a good weekend for me!  Friday night, I had dinner at the new Hibachi Buffet with my boss, his wife, and friend Monika.  We had a fun time eating too much and talking and laughing the time away.  A nice way to begin the weekend.

On Saturday, there was a potluck dinner at the clubhouse but I decided to skip this one. Jill and Murray weren't going, Al and Theresa weren't going so I scratched my name off the list.  I worked steadily all day Saturday getting Joe's desk sorted, the office supplies reorganized in boxes and drawers, and got my sewing machine set up out there.  I also cleaned out three file drawers.  I have a box to be shredded, a pile to recycle, and a trash bag full of stuff to throw out. It isn't all done yet but I am very pleased with the progress made. 

I also took down the curtains in the guest room and ran them through the dryer to remove cat hair and dust. They turned out perfectly and I got them rehung.  While they were in the dryer, I dusted the blinds and window sills.  I will get the bed made up later this week, in preparation for Elaine and Jim coming on the 11th. So excited to see them!!

Sunday school was great. We are still working through Romans.  Church was also great. Our Pastor is preaching on Ephesians now and through the summer.  I got home and did two loads of laundry.  Jill and Murray took me out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Tapa Tios.  We all had the taco salad, and they ordered a pitcher of sangria (delicious and we toasted Joe).  I am so blessed by wonderful neighbors and have missed them while they were stuck in Canada during the last two pandemic years.

I have a quieter week this week. Nothing until the Mas Verde group goes out to eat on Thursday evening.  I think we are going to Cheddars.  On Saturday, Monika has invited me to join her, my boss and the Mrs., and another couple for dinner at her house. Looking forward to meeting their friends and enjoying good company.


Our God is so Good!













9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive weekend. So Elaine and Jim are going to stay with you? That sounds wonderful!! And so happy you are still enjoying fellowship with so many friends and neighbors and even the boss and wife, etc. God has been so good to you to surround you with so many wonderful people!! What a blessing. Have a good week. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy your friends are coming for a visit, smiles. So, when can I expect you to come here and clean? (Rolling laughter)---just teasing, we have been cleaning, patching, painting as we go. grin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Terri, what a fun and busy weekend you had! It does feel so good to get so much done around the house that we may have put off. Getting ready for company is as good a reason as any to attack the dust - lol!
    I'm waiting to feel a bit better before I tackle the many things that need doing at the Orlando Compound.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and productive weekend! I keep waiting for a good fairy to show up and volunteer to wash my mini blinds. (Ugh)
    Dining 'out' with friends is one of my favorite things; now I'm craving a good taco salad!
    I love your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy week and it probably flew by. I'm happy for the sunshine and better temps this week, aren't you? Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri: It sounds like you had a great meal at the buffet, I love Chinese buffets.
    You have been a very busy Lady, it sounds wonderful that you are having company come for a visit.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were very productive this weekend! I also ate at a Mexican restaurant this weekend and had quesadillas. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much fun and so much progress! Go, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds fun and productive!! I need to google Cheddars. I don't think we have those in the greater Birmingham area.

    ReplyDelete