Thanks to our hostess, Crazy Sam, for today's questions! Join in HERE!
All of Me
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Saturday 9: All of Me (1932)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Louis Armstrong calls his girl "baby." What's the last endearment someone used when speaking to you? It's been almost a year if not longer. Enough said.
2) He sings that losing his love made him cry. Do you cry easily? Yes, I am a weeper. If I see someone crying, I will join them. Commercials can make me cry. Laughing brings tears. Yes, I cry easily.
3) Louis was born in New Orleans, a city famous for music and cuisine. What's something you love about your home town? My regular readers are probably groaning because I sing the praises of Lakeland all the time. I love Lakeland and all it offers. It has been my home town for nearly 33 years. The town I grew up in holds a special place in my heart too. Living in a small town was a great way to grow up. Millersport, Ohio still only has around 1,200 residents.
4) At age 11, Louis unwisely fired a pistol during a New Year's Eve celebration and was sentenced to 18 months in a juvenile detention facility. It was there that he met music teacher Peter Davis, who believed in Louis and taught him to play cornet and bugle. Tell us about someone who believed in you and made your life better. My parents, of course, but also my Joe. I was so, so blessed to have him in my life.
5) Louis would say that arrest changed his life for the better because it was at the detention center that "me and music got married." After his release, he began playing on street corners, or in honkytonks ... any place he could hone his skills. What is something you have worked hard to be better at? Patience. I am working on being patient all the time and think I am better at it.
6) In the late 1920s, Louis led a jazz band called The Hot Five. His wife, Lil, believed he was too talented not to receive star billing. He just didn't feel ready. She went behind his back and convinced the management at Chicago's Dreamland Cafe to advertise: "The Hot Five, featuring Louis Armstrong: The World's Greatest Trumpet Player." It worked! At the end of the gig, Okeh Records signed him to a recording contract. Can you think of a time when, like Lil, you were glad you asked for forgiveness rather than permission? Oh, I have done that more times than I can count! LOL
7) In 1932, the year this record was popular, the son of aviator Charles Lindbergh was kidnapped and killed. This famous case inspired Agatha Christie to write Murder on the Orient Express. Have you read the book? No. Seen the movie, the remake, or the miniseries? I think I saw one of the movies a long time ago. I have not seen the miniseries.
8) Another aviator was in the news in 1932. Amelia Earhart flew 14 hours from Newfoundland to Londonderry. What is the longest flight you've ever taken? Atlanta to Venice, Italy. Nine hours.
9) Random question: You have the opportunity to travel safely in a time machine. Would you go back to the past, into the future, or say, "no thanks, I'll stay in 2022?" As much as it would be so great to see family members again who have died, I will stay right where I am. I'm leaving life (and death) in God's hands.
Peace & hugs!!
Our God is an awesome God!
Wonderful answers. This was interesting, about Louis Armstrong. He was very talented! Yes, you are wise, in your response to the last question. As much as we'd like to bring back the people we love and relive the "good old days", it's best not to mess with God's design for our lives. Everything has a purpose and plan, and the best is yet to come!!! (((hugs))) and yes, stay warm!!
ReplyDeleteLouis Armstrong was, indeed, one of the greats in music, Terri! Like you, I'm an easy crier - seeing others cry is always a trigger, but I've been known to cry in many a movie and even TV commercials if they touch my heart strings.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend and stay warm!
Yup, far better we just accept God's agenda and be glad in it.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first read Q#2 I was, "nope!". Then I realized, that only applies to (my)personal grief --which has always been too deep for tears. Yes. Like you've written, I cry easily over commercials ... movie scenes ... even reading one of Sean's stories to Tom.
Always fun to read your answers, Terri. I didn't know any of the back story about Armstrong. How interesting.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day in your beautiful Lakeland. xo Diana
#2 is me also. I cry really easily. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
#2 ~ I'm not good at being emotional. I've often wondered if there was something missing in me that I don't cry often or easily like most women. It's like, in movies so many times, when someone hurts the woman characters feelings, they'll collapse and cry. I'd rather make someone else cry if they're trying to hurt me. *lol*
ReplyDeleteI'm not a fan of Louis Armstrong or that style of music but many do enjoy his tunes. Whatever makes a person happy.
#7 ~ Since I'm an avid Agatha Christie reader, usually the books don't translate well to the screen. The film that came close, for me, was Murder On The Orient Express with Peter Ustinov (1991). Ustinov was not the best at portraying Poirot but the story stayed pretty close to the book.
I hope your day is blessed my friend! xx
We are definitely feeling the chill today but not as bad as those North of us. I love living in Florida too! Enjoy your sunshiny day!
ReplyDeleteInteresting questions.... I will take today.... Brrrr. cold your way as well I read.. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, very cold for us. Only 49 right now and headed into the high 20s tonight. Back in the 70s next week, thank goodness!
DeleteI really like Louis Armstrong and his music. All of me is a good one!
ReplyDeleteYou and I are a lot alike. I'm a crier too, and seeing others crying makes me cry as well - and like you, tears can come when laughing. :)
Best Casinos in Atlantic City - Mapyro
ReplyDeleteAtlantic City Casino Hotel is a resort on the waterfront 상주 출장샵 and provides an unmatched 동해 출장샵 experience to the people who love 문경 출장샵 to play. 강원도 출장샵 The hotel's 정읍 출장샵 casino is