Tuesday, February 24, 2026

February 24th: The Tuesday 4

 Thanks to Annie for today's questions! You can join the fun by clicking HERE!

Grocery Shopping

Hello friends, and welcome to Tuesday 4 in honor of Toni Taddeo.
Here are some questions for you on the topic of shopping.

1. Where do you like to buy your groceries, and do you buy by the day, week, or month?  I shop at Publix.  I do one BIG shopping trip a month, but am usually there once a week or so, for one thing or another.  It is also where my pharmacy is.

2. What foods would we always find in your kitchen?  The usual staples, I think.  Eggs, bread, lunchmeat, yogurt, milk, orange juice, salad, baking staples (flour, sugar, etc.), snacky things, coffee, etc., etc.  I keep pork, beef, and chicken in the freezer.

3. Do you buy anything online, and if so, what kinds of things are you most likely to buy there?
When we had Kroger delivery, I did order from there online, but they are gone now.  I do order some things from Amazon, but that's mostly cat food.

  4. Do you shop with a list on paper, on your phone, or do you just shop without a list and maybe come home with things you never planned to buy?  I keep my shopping list on my phone, but there are always things that end up in my cart that weren't on it.  Funny how that happens.

Peace and Hugs!

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am enjoying my company!! We all went shopping yesterday morning, and then Elaine and I went shopping in the afternoon. Just chilling a bit. I am hosting a pizza party tonight, with all of my immediate neighbors. Two couples haven't met Elaine and Jim yet. Looking forward to the camaraderie!! I will be late catching up on posts (again).
💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚


9 comments:

  1. I would love to shop once a month and then top up weekly but my family just eat too much. hehehe Lots of things usually jump into my basket which weren't on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - things jump in my shopping basket too! I often do an order online and then pick it up. It's a free service one of our stores around here has. It usually ends up costing less because of less impulse purchases. :)
    Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We shop with a phone list because that's how Danny prefers to do it. Have a fantastic time at your pizza party tonight, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really are a "people person" and get your energy from socialization! You do it so well, too. And what a wonderful cook you are!

    We shop primarily at Publix, taking advantage of the BOGOs. Sometimes Walmart, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Publix, but you know I think it is one of the most expensive stores around. I shop at Publix and Walmart. Like Barbara said you are surely a people person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyones answers have been fun to read this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, enjoy your pizza party! Sounds like you are all having a great time! I would shop at Publix if it were closer. We have to go to Palatka for it, and since we have a little grocery store here that has good meats, etc., we usually do the bulk of our shopping there for meat and some vegies. I do like to pop into Publix every so often to get their BOGOS. Have fun with your company. Catch up with you later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've a local "cost-plus" grocer nearby that we frequent often ... for the sheer convenience. I also do an on-line Wal Mart order twice a month for non-perishables. THEN(!) there's times like right now when Tom's laid-up where I treat myself to a Publix excursion -- recreational shopping. Like that Boar's Head commercial jingle, "Compromise elsewhere."
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I order from Shipt every week - usually Publix or Target. I also usually hit up either the Pig or Walmart at some point. We feed 18-20 young adults every Tuesday night so my grocery bill is much higher than normal for two people in our age bracket! We have Kroger delivery in our area, but I've never ordered from them. When I go "in-person" shopping, all sorts of things end up in my cart . . .I was in Walmart on Saturday and some Easter wreaths and a giant bunny covered in hydrangeas both hopped right into my cart!

    ReplyDelete