Happy February, friends! Let's pretend we aren't in the Arctic!! Brrrrr!!
Vinny found some sunshine!
I made it to church yesterday, despite the crazy weather! It was 25° at 6:30 a.m. yesterday, and is predicted to be about the same this morning. I wore a sweatshirt, jeans, and fuzzy socks in my sneakers! I also dug out a pair of knit gloves and wore my quilted parka-like coat. Everyone was dressed very much the same way, and we praised our Lord together, happy for a warm church and friends around us! No one seemed in a hurry to leave after the service. It was nice talking with folks as we kinda inched our way toward the door and the cold weather. Next week is our monthly potluck. Sure hope the weather is nicer by then!
My cold is much better, though I still cough and have to blow my nose more often than I like. This too will pass. I did get my usual two loads of laundry done!!
Saturday was spent at home, with nothing to do but prepare for the deep freeze! I had ordered an electric 'throw' in preparation for the cold evenings. The cats like it as much as I do!!
Still going backwards... on Friday, I had lunch and a great catch-up visit with blogging friend, Cheryl (sunlit pathway), and her husband, Pat. They come to Lakeland two or three times a year to visit their son Justin and family. We have been "in-person" friends for many years now. We went to the Metro Diner for lunch and then came back to my house for dessert. I had angel food cake with fresh strawberries and blueberries. We all had coffee with the dessert. They left around 4:00 to get ready for an evening event at their son's church.
The weather was nice enough to sit on the patio for lunch! Crazy cold a few hours later!
Cheryl wanted a picture with Casper and me...
They are here for a couple more weeks, and we plan to have another visit before they go back to Indiana. Hoping the weather gets back to normal for us before they leave!!
That's all I have to muse about on this bitterly cold Monday!! Thanks for checking in today! Wishing you a blessed day, and I hope you are staying safe and warm.




It's nice to see Cheryl. Stay warm my friend.
ReplyDeleteWell the cats definitely look comfy on that blanket! Hope it warms up for you soon Terri and that you shift that cold.
ReplyDeleteWe've been below freezing for almost two weeks now which is crazy. I think it's going to hit 50 on Wednesday, finally, and we are so ready!! Church was cancelled in our area due to the snow on top of ice we got all day Saturday. I hate to think what our gas bill will be as we've been running the fireplace so much. Hope you're back to Florida temps soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're doing ok. I was hearing on the news this morning how many people in FL are without power and I wondered about you.
ReplyDeleteCheryl looks great. Glad you had a nice visit!
We haven't lost power, thank goodness.
DeleteSo much fun to be with Cheryl and Pat, Terri. She's looking great! Glad you still have your power, too. I was worried about my FL friends when I heard about the outages this morning on the news. Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteGood on Vinny finding some sunshine! It sounds so cold with you and it looks like the cats are really enjoying the electric blanket.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely get together with Cheryl and her husband.
Dear Liz, I love ❤️ your photos. I am happy to see Vinnie and Casper as well, being the cat 🐈 😻 lover that I am. 😊
ReplyDeleteIt was cold there for Florida. Brr. I hope you warm up soon. I didn't know you could rent houses there for the winter - can you?
ReplyDeleteNot here in my community, but there are BnBs that allow extended stays.
DeleteOh, that electric throw looks so soft ... do you feel like you're in a nest? I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better and were able to make it to church. Knock wood, we'll all be able to chuckle about "freezing" come July or August!
ReplyDeleteAn electric throw is a brilliant idea. I've worn a winter coat more times this year than in the previous three years combined! It is supposed to be 60 here today, but the rain will arrive later this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteYes, it was funny to see everyone bundled up for church! I used to have one of those heated blankets in my car for winter driving (kids my husband coached had to be driven to all of their games!) Glad you are feeling better!
ReplyDelete