A big thanks to Crazy Sam for today's questions! Join the fun by clicking HERE!
You Make Me Feel So Young
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: You Make Me Feel So Young (1956)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
4) Frank Sinatra was a fan of Campbell's chicken and rice soup, believing it helped his throat feel better after an evening of performing. Is Campbell's soup in your kitchen right now? Yes. I keep a few cans of Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom for casseroles. I prefer homemade chicken noodle, and also keep my favorite Progresso and Rao's soups in the pantry.
8) Also in 1956, The Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Forbidden Planet were popular at the box office. Do you have a favorite sci-fi movie? I am not a fan of sci-fi, but I always laugh at Galaxy Quest and have seen it many times.
1) This morning, do you feel younger or older than your years? I think I feel younger than my 74 years. I am blessed to be active, to have great friends, a wonderful family, a couple of silly cats, faith in God, a great church family, and a positive attitude.
2) In this song, Frank Sinatra tells us that every time he sees his lover's grin, he's happy. What's something you can reliably count on to lift your spirits? My two cats make me happy, and my faith lifts me up every minute of every day!
3) The lyrics mention hide-and-seek. What games did you play when you were young? We played hide and seek now and then, but it wasn't a big deal. I remember playing Monopoly often when my cousins were visiting. We climbed trees, hiked in the woods, played badminton, and croquet when we had enough kids to play. I was a kid before streaming TV, computers, and cellphones! We were outside all of the time. I was a tomboy and didn't play with dolls often.
4) Frank Sinatra was a fan of Campbell's chicken and rice soup, believing it helped his throat feel better after an evening of performing. Is Campbell's soup in your kitchen right now? Yes. I keep a few cans of Cream of Chicken and Cream of Mushroom for casseroles. I prefer homemade chicken noodle, and also keep my favorite Progresso and Rao's soups in the pantry.
5) Frank's favorite dessert was a slice of lemon ricotta torte. He believed every meal should include "a final flourish." Do you more often indulge in or skip dessert? I only have dessert when I have guests for a meal. I don't have dessert in restaurants, either, because I am usually too full and have a box with half of my food to take home.
6) At Sinatra's home in Palm Springs, CA, you'd find a less sophisticated dessert. He always kept Entenmann's Crumb Cake on hand for his young granddaughters. Share a memory of your grandparents. My granny (dad's mom) always had a block of cheddar cheese for me to snack on, and her candy dish always had toasted coconut-covered marshmallows in it. I don't think you can buy them anymore. Whoa... Amazon has them!! Amazon has everything!
7) In 1956, when this song was popular, Frank was tooling around Southern California in a blue Continental Mark II. That model was known for its interior of hand-stitched imported Scottish leather. 70 years later, Scottish leather is still used in luxury cars because it's both soft and durable, and the production methods minimize environmental impact. If you could splurge on something right now, what would it be? A luxury car, jewelry, travel, clothes, something else? (No responsible answers allowed!) A new car for me and one for my sister. Two sensible cars for the cost of one luxury car!
8) Also in 1956, The Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Forbidden Planet were popular at the box office. Do you have a favorite sci-fi movie? I am not a fan of sci-fi, but I always laugh at Galaxy Quest and have seen it many times.
9) Random question: What were you doing three hours ago? I was doing some cleaning when I got home from a trip to Publix.
My Granny and Papaw Kelly (Dad's folks).
Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love.
Honor one another above yourselves.

Love that photo of your grandparents, Terri! Yes, I'm grateful to have been a child before the internet and all the negativity it harbors. Our idea of streaming was playing in a creek! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteYou are blessed! I've always loved hearing about the community you've built around yourself. Your childhood sounds like mine. I was a tomboy, too, and always outside. Kids today are missing out on so much. It was fun reading your answers. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhoa, I remember those coconut things, smiles. Thank you, Terri, have a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteI don't think of you being 74. I was shocked when I found out you were just a couple of years younger than my dad. You seem like one of those people who are young at heart.
ReplyDeleteI love all the things you played, my childhood was much of the same, I lived on a farm when I was a kid so spent more time outdoors than inside.
Oh wow! Those coconut marshmallows sound amazing! I might have to hunt them down and buy some for myself.
Steve makes a homemade Cream of Chicken soup with creme cheese, LOTS of chunky chicken, and spices. It's much better than the processed and put in cans we buy at the store plus no hidden poisonous ingredients. I'll share it on FB or an e-mail if you'd like? Can be easily divided up and stored in the refrigerator. It's ever so yummy.
ReplyDeleteNeat old photograph! I am so 'jealous' that I don't have pics like that of many of my birth family. I was told they all got thrown out or lost along the way. Not cool.
Blessings. 💓
I love that picture of your Grandparents! We called our Grandparents granny and papaw too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I keep cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup in my pantry too.
ReplyDeleteI love the old photo.
Our granddaughters like to snack on cheddar cheese and crackers when they come over. I never heard of the coconut marshmallows though.
Galaxy Quest, great movie
ReplyDeleteSame here on #5. At first glance your grandfather looks like James Cagney! Enjoyed visiting, have a great day.
ReplyDeleteOur generation was the best! I'm so thankful I grew up when I did! We would be outside all day long! You don't see kids outside playing anymore. Yes, we usually have Campbells on hand too. The picture of your grandparents is super awesome!
ReplyDeleteI have not heard of coconut marshmallows but probably because I don't like coconut. lol I loved seeing the photo of your grandparents. I think your childhood seemed amazing.
ReplyDeleteLoved your answer to #1! And I never get dessert in a restaurant either...although I always would like to. There is always at least one on the menu that looks delish (and I don't have sweets at home), but I am always too full. I should order the dessert first - ha!!
ReplyDeleteI so love your attitude, Terri! Much to my mother's disappointment, I was never much into dolls either; the only thing I can think to add is (playing) jacks. Those coconut marshmallows are new to me. I'd probably be over in the corner licking off the coconut and throwing away the rest, lol.
ReplyDeleteBeing active helps the aging slow down.
ReplyDeleteWe were just talking about lemon desserts yesterday--yum to all things lemon!
ReplyDeleteDear Terri, I love this old photo of your grandparents! I was born in 1956! (referring to your mention of the year) :)
ReplyDeleteI love lemon tarts and lemon meringue pie!
I love to take walks in nature...yes, even in the cold Winter! As long as it is not icy, I will gladly take a walk and enjoy it! In the summer, when it is extremely hot and humid and with our wildfires, I do my walking indoors...such as in a shopping mall. While it may not be as therapeutic as a walk in nature, it is definitely safer for my health!
Chicken and rice soup is my favourite of all soups!