Wednesday, November 12, 2025

November 12th: The Wednesday Hodgepodge...

 

Thanks to our hostess, Joyce, for today's questions!  Be a Hodgepodger by clicking HERE!

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 628


From this Side of the Pond


1. What does patriotism mean to you?  Devotion to my country, love of our patriot ancestors, and all they stood for as our country was born.  American pride in our Flag, in our Constitution, and in our veterans who supported our values by serving and protecting our citizens (and those who still wear a uniform).  God bless America. 

2. September-October-November...your favorite fall month? Tell us why. If you live in the southern hemisphere, use these months but sub spring for the word fall. I'm choosing November because of Thanksgiving.  I love Thanksgiving, and there will already be eight people around my table.  The more, the merrier!!

3. A song you love with the word thanks (or some form of that word)  in the title or lyrics?  

Now thank we all our God
With heart and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things hath done,
In whom His world rejoices;
Who, from our mothers' arms,
Hath blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love,
And still is ours today.

4. November is National Peanut Butter Month. Are you a fan?  It's okay.  There is some in the pantry. What's the last peanut butter bite you had?  Probably a sandwich with jelly.  It's been months.  Fill in the blank: peanut butter and dill pickle slices. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it!!  Oh, and you can't say jelly. 

5. This week's gratitude question- What event from this past year are you most grateful for? Getting to travel a bit.  Michigan and Illinois last July, and Ohio in September.  Friends and family put up with me and put me up.  Grateful and blessed!

6. Insert your own random thought here. I went to a local bee farm yesterday with Susan and Sandy!  It was so fun!! I bought honey and took photos of some of the livestock.  We didn't visit the bee hives, but we did get up close and personal with cows, goats, chickens, and farm cats!!  Loved it.  Susan invited us to have lunch at her house when we got back home.  We made a quick stop at Chicken Salad Chic to bring home some chicken salad to spread on her croissants.  We sat and talked for another hour at her dining room table.  A very sweet morning!  (Thank you, Susan!)





Happy humpday!  Thanks for your visit today!


Peace and Hugs!

All praise and thanks to God
The Father now be given,
The Son, and Him who reigns
With them in highest heaven,
The one eternal God,
Whom earth and heaven adore,
For thus it was, is now,
And shall be evermore.

14 comments:

  1. Good thoughts on patriotism.
    That's such a good song and I hadn't heard it for some time.
    I think those of us who had to "put up with you" were blessed!!!
    The bee farm looks like a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great answer for question #1.
    It sounds like you have a great Thanksgiving planned, how wonderful to have so many people around your table.
    The visit to the bee farm does sound like fun, what a great day and the animals are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you 100% on patriotism, Terri. And how I loved your photos of visiting with the animals at that bee farm. I don't think I would have enjoyed going to the bee hives, either. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Your sense of patriotism shines through beautifully so full of gratitude and pride. POV. Choosing November makes perfect sense too; Thanksgiving truly brings warmth, family, and togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100% on your patriotism Terri - I hope the kids of today feel the same way.
    I love you riding the chicken.
    The bee farm looked interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those goats look precious! Peanut butter (JIF extra-crunchy) is one of my weaknesses. The only way I enjoy it, however, is refrigerated on a soup spoon that's been previously chilled in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely day spent with friends! So happy you were able to do this! For me, it's peanut butter and apple butter. I used to love peanut butter and bananas, but lately I've lost my taste for bananas, especially if they are a bit ripe...cannot do that anymore! LOL. The only good bananas are in my banana nut bread! Thank you for your thoughts on patriotism. I pray we can pass this belief on to the next generation. Take care and have a lovely rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness - I love the picture of you riding the chicken!! It sounds like the perfect day spent with good friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Terri, I enjoyed reading all your responses. And I absolutely love your photos. I absolutely love nature and animals, as you know. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The goats are cute. Were they mean? I feel like sometimes they're mean. Daughter1's in-laws have some and one of them I steer clear of lol. I love a full table at Thanksgiving and sounds like you're going to have that. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you said about patriotism and the hymn lyrics you shared. That one always comes to mind for Thanksgiving! Sounds like you had a great day with your friends! Hope you're having a great week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those goats look like fun! Such a happy post!

    ReplyDelete