Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 551
2. Where are you in your family birth order? Do you fit the stereotype of that particular slot? In what way? I am a firstborn. Yes, I fit the stereotype, especially the stubborn and independent part. It doesn't mention controlling but throw that in too, though I have mellowed some with age (like a fine wine or stinky cheese).
“Firstborn children can be goal-oriented, outspoken, stubborn, independent, and perfectionistic,”
3. What motivates you more, a reward or a consequence? Elaborate. I don't care about rewards so the consequence is a bigger motivator. I do like to carry through and see a good end result.
4. May 14th is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day. Who thinks biscuits deserve their own day? I don't care. Do you like biscuits? I do like a good, fluffy biscuit. Make your own? Nope. Grab one for breakfast at a drive-through now and then? Yep. Which drive-through makes the one you like best? McDonald's is the only one I know about. What do you like to put on a biscuit? Butter and jelly or jam. I also like sausage gravy on a biscuit!! Yum. What's your favorite food or dish that calls for buttermilk? I am not a fan of buttermilk but do put vinegar in the milk when a recipe calls for it. Nothing comes to mind right now.
5. Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? What's your favorite part of a wedding/wedding reception? No weddings this summer but my nephew, Mike, is marrying Megan at the end of September and I am planning a trip to Ohio to attend!! I love the entire wedding experience from church to reception. What's not to like?!!
6. Insert your own random thought here. I recently discovered videos on YouTube made by the Blessing Boys. It's a dad and his two sons who donate their time one day a week to help people who need yard work done. I look for and crave "feel good" news and this dad sets such a good example for his boys while helping people in the community who need yard work done. Listening to the equipment buzzing can get monotonous but the end results are so special. And they pray for the people they help! Have you seen them at work?

I'm a firstborn as well and must admit to some of those tendencies!
ReplyDeleteI like a good biscuit but don't make them often.
I have a niece getting married this fall and friends daughter getting married in June.
Biscuits can be so yummy but too fattening. I now enjoy Sola bread Plain Bagels. Low carb's. I've been watching the Blessing Boys too. Such kind folks. 💙
ReplyDeleteI follow sbmowing on Instagram and he does something similar. It is fun to see the transformation and I love someone doing something nice for free. Have a great day Terri!
ReplyDeleteI watch him too.
DeleteI've never heard of the blessing boys. I plan to check that out though...made myself a note. I love your answer to #1 and it's so true!
ReplyDelete💛 "Mellow with age (like a fine wine or stinky cheese)." I so want to steal that, come the first opportunity! I'm going over to YouTube today and check out the Blessings Boys. What a wonderful initiative!
ReplyDeleteWhat a coincidence! I just discovered the Blessing Boys on YouTube last week, and subscribed. Such uplifting work and message for their community and beyond.
ReplyDeleteI love biscuits, too, but only get one when we're out for breakfast as they aren't Danny's favorites.
Blessings, Terri!
Great minds!! :)
DeleteI love that you have mellowed like fine wine . . . or stinky cheese! I will have to check out the Blessing Boys!
ReplyDelete