Happy Friday, everyone!
Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment with a new hand doctor. I have been having trouble with my right thumb - trigger thumb. Back in 2009, I had surgery on my left thumb for the same thing but the doctor who did it for me retired. Dr. Lefebvre took her place. I had prepared myself to be trying to set a surgery date but she surprised me! She gave me a steroid shot in the joint and told me 70% of the time it will be fixed and no surgery would be needed. Sure hoping (and praying) that I am one of the 70%. I've been wearing a little plastic brace on it because it hurts to bend it and pop it back.
I mentioned in an earlier post about watching the Blessing Boys on YouTube. It's a Dad and three of his sons who do overgrown lawns for free. I also catch SB Mowing now and then. He does the same kind of thing. My cat, Vinny, has decided the sound of the equipment and watching them clean up the yards is something he can help with...
And last, but not least, some of you will remember when my boss gave me a "hurricane plant" to bring home (a couple of years ago). I asked my neighbor, Susan, if she wanted to plant it because she is good with plants and I'm not. She took good care of it and it bloomed again yesterday, just in time for hurricane season to start. They are pretty... If you want to look it up, its "real" name is Scadoxus multiflorus. My boss called it a hurricane plant because it always blooms the week before hurricane season starts. So far, it is true!
And that's all I've got for Friday Fotos! Danon got to go home yesterday, which is great! I haven't heard from Cindy but doubt she knows any results yet. Your prayers are still appreciated!
I went to Cheddar's last night for dinner with my Mas Verde friends. Sharon's hubby, Larry, didn't go because he is having some health issues. Pop him into your prayer list if you think about it. She took him a pot pie (his choice) to have when she got home. I am having lunch with Shirley today, at Peking House. It is always fun catching up with her!! Right now, no special plans for the weekend, which means I can continue working in the den and in my bathroom.



Praying that injection helps your thumb. That beats surgery!
ReplyDeleteI like to watch those lawn mowing videos too. The results are often incredible. Vinny is cute!
That hurricane plant is so pretty. Such good news that Danon is home. Praying you won't need the surgery. I watch the SB mowing one, and found the one you mentioned and will probably try to catch one sometime today as I think we'll be home after our chiropractor appointment this morning. I love Cheddars and their chicken pot pie is a favorite. Have fun catching up with Shirley.
ReplyDeleteThe Hurricane plant is so pretty. It's probably a Zone 9 or 10 plant and wouldn't grow here (zone 8). I'll look that up.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the trigger thumb. I've got those too. Guess I should go to a Doc about it but I keep putting it off. I have started my exercises for the Dislocated Finger. Maybe there will be a side benefit to that for my thumbs. *fingers crossed* I made a funny. *giggle*
I watch those same mowing shows but on FaceBook video's. I'll look for them on YouTube as well. Thanks.
Get well soon! Have a wonderful day.
Your Vinny is so cute!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope that steroidal injection helps! Tom had both thumbs done (separately) shortlly after we moved here. Occasionally one of the other 'acts out', but nothing like it was before. I'll say a prayer you're among the 70% ... and for Larry, too. What a privilege to pray for others, even when we don't know them.
We watch the Blessing Boys, they do great work. Sure hope you're in the 70% and can avoid surgery. I miss eating out, I'm almost ready to go again. Just need to get a little stronger. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the thumb... medicine keeps moving forward....have a wonderful weekend. Vinny found some action! Cute.
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope that fixes your thumb! I had a trigger finger action going on yesterday and wondered why on earth. It is fine today. Strange things happen when we get old. I do hope your thumb gets well soon. I love your little "hurricane flower". I hope we don't get any hurricanes, however! Just some good steady regular rain would be fine. Glad Danon is home. Praying for Cindy. And your neighbor. Hope you have a wonderful and peaceful weekend. Love the picture of Vinny watching TV and the lawnmowers! That's funny. Bye for now.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful option for that thumb problem! I pray it works and surgery is not necessary. These younger doctors are coming up with good solutions. Such was the case with Gary's surgery in March!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness your cat is sooooooooooo cute.
ReplyDeleteI do hope and pray that you are one of the 70% that the shot helps and no surgery!