Friday, April 12, 2024

Friday Fotos....


I have some new photos to share with you today!!


My museum friend, Gregory, came for Easter dinner and took our Easter group photo for us.  He left his tripod at my house so on Wednesday, I dropped it off at the Museum's front desk for him.  

The Polk Museum of Art, where I worked for 20 years (retired in 2017) is getting a 6.5 million dollar addition.  The work has started and I hadn't been by to check it out yet so snapped some photos after I dropped off the tripod.



It is supposed to be done this summer but there seems to be a lot to do yet.
The yellow arrow on the top left points to my office's window.




My favorite intersection includes the Southside Cleaner's sign which 
changes every couple of weeks.


And here is the cropped-in sign.  "Whatever road you are on, it is your own asphalt."


Yesterday, my boss came into my office and asked if I wanted to see some baby alligators he had just discovered.  Of course, I grabbed my phone and jumped up to join him!  He stopped the truck just before that low gully area in the road and instead of babies, the momma was laying there!!  


Can you see her stretched out there...


And then she was off through the grass.  The babies were still there but all you can see are their little heads.  All of those spots in the water are babies.  We watched for a bit and then he backed out to head back to the office.


And look what was in the road ahead of us... 
a cotton mouth snake was traveling across the road...


And there it went...

That's it for new photos but I'm happy I have some!  LOL  Last night the Mas Verde gang went to Cheddar's.  It is always good and we always have such a fun time with good conversations.  Just five of us again.  Many of the snowbird neighbors are packing up and getting ready to head north.  I have fasting labs this morning, at 7:15.  I will get to work early and the boss said I can leave early.  I should be there by 8:00 so can leave at noon. Yay!  Of course, tomorrow I am headed to Punta Gorda, Fisherman's Wharf, for lunch with granddaughter Lauren.  Her boyfriend, Jeremy, is coming this time too!!

Peace and Hugs!

He walks with me and He talks with me...


8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you get to go on these little excursions to see the critters! That was a lot of baby alligators! Glad you were in the truck with that mama there, and for the snake too!
    Have a great time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky that was so cool. All those babies. Wonder how many will make it to adulthood. I hope people don't run over them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer on those alligators and the snake ... so near and (seemingly) non-threatening. I agree with Martha, Damon is pretty amazing. The museum's addition looks beautiful; I'm so grateful you showed me around!
    Prayers for travel mercies tomorrow and a fun time with Lauren and Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool photos. Still giggling at the Southside sign.
    Blessings. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool photos of the baby alligators. I am not a snake lover which is not a good thing for living where we do:)
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're braver than me Terri - I wouldn't be going anywhere near an alligator and as for the snake......Hope you have a good time with your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. I would be very glad to be in a vehicle when seeing the wildlife, haha!

    Penn State has been building a new art museum for the past few years right next to the arboretum. It is scheduled to open June 1st. I'll probably be posting pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wildlife you've pictured here: O Wow!

    ReplyDelete