Happy Labor Day! I have to work this morning but that's not a bad thing. I am so blessed to have a job that is perfect for me, with a boss who allows me to work on holidays so I don't lose a payday. I do have a project to work on so the time will go fast.
It was a busy and very fun weekend! On Thursday, the Mas Verde group went to Cheddar's for dinner. Cheddar's food is always good. I don't think any of us have ever been disappointed.
On Friday, I met three of my church friends for dinner. They are all in our small group. It was fun getting together, just us girls. We went to the restaurant at the airport called WACO. It is a little more expensive than places I usually go and I had a grouper sandwich that left a lot to be desired. I was very disappointed and wished I had ordered the BBQ that I had the last time I was there. It was a fun evening, though, with dear friends.
I finally got my hair cut on Saturday morning. I was scheduled for Wednesday, but that's when Idalia paid us a visit so I was happy to be able to get in on Saturday morning. My boss's daughter, Mallory, just graduated with her Master's Degree. They threw a graduation party for her at a restaurant here in town called Cob & Pen. I hadn't been there before so it was fun going to a new place and also a great celebration for Mallory.
The guest of honor wasn't there yet when I arrived but the room was decorated and ready! The food was buffet style and included a French fry station, BBQ chicken, mac n cheese, and coleslaw. There were cupcakes for dessert. It was all very good.
My dear friend, Shirley, celebrates her 87th birthday today, but I invited her and her son, David, to come for dinner after church yesterday. David's birthday was last week. I put a pot roast in the crock pot before I left for church, then finished up after church with mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and garlic bread. I had a birthday cake and ice cream for dessert. It turned out well and was a fun afternoon/early evening. They came at 3:00 and left just after 6:00.
I start my eyedrops today - four times a day - in preparation for my cataract surgery on Wednesday. I picked up those and drops for after the surgery so I am ready to go.






Wow... a nice weekend indeed. Happy Labor day!
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in prayer with your upcoming surgery, my friend. Wishing you a beautiful day. smiles
ReplyDeleteYou've had a fun weekend with lots of celebrating!
ReplyDeleteSoon that surgery will be done and you will be seeing clearly!
What an interesting restaurant, Cob and Pen! I love their assortment of 'real food' (for real people, heh-heh). That's a wonderful picture of Shirley; I know she/they really appreciate you.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure we'll chat before, but I'm starting my prayers now!
I sure dreaded cataract surgery, turned out the worse part was all those drops before and after. It was easy peasy for me, hope the same for you. Happy Birthday to Shirley and congrats to Mallory. I knew a male swan was a tom, I didn't know the female was a pen. Just goes to prove, you learn new things all the time. ☺♥
ReplyDeleteJust got mine done this summer. It seems like it won't go fast - but looking back it did!
ReplyDeleteWe both celebrate with food - love it!
I am praying your cataract surgery goes well. Love you, girl.
ReplyDeletePraise Him all creatures here below. Praying for your upcoming eye surgery. Praying all goes well and you will soon be seeing things you never saw before! LOL. So nice to celebrate your friend Shirley's birthday! Pot roast, etc., sounds really good. Sounds like you've been doing a lot of celebrating and visiting with friends...which is all good stuff!! Happy for you. Take care and don't forget the eye drops!
ReplyDeleteI can’t remember if you already had one eye done. I am past the month with mine. I feel like it took the full month to totally heal. I am undecided if I will do the other one. I have a year that I can do it with the measurements he took. I have so much going on right now that it has to be out off, so I guess that will give me plenty of time to decide. Good luck.
ReplyDelete