There isn't a linky and there aren't any rules.
Check out the dress and pick the shoes you like best.
It is all for fun and just a whimsical thing!
Photos are from the Storybook of Dreams and Beauty.
Myrna Loy was well-known as Nora Charles in The Thin Man (1934), as well as many other roles. She looks so elegant in this vintage winter white. Which shoes might she have chosen to wear if these were available back then? Count down 1-2-3 and tell us which ones you like best for Myrna.
My thoughts: I did not pick these shoes and wonder what the person who did pick them was thinking. I will go with pair #1. Publicity photos back in the golden years of Hollywood were done so well. Elegance, beauty, class, and modesty. We could use some of that today, I think. Which shoes do you pick? It's all for fun!
Peace & Hugs!
What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
And what a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer


#1 here.... Beautiful..times sure have changed.
ReplyDelete"Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer. In His arms He'll take and shield thee, thou wilt find a solace there!" Amen. I also choose shoe #1. She looks lovely in her outfit, and I agree with you about modesty/taste, etc. We definitely need a LOT more of that today! If you ever look at prom dresses of today as opposed to from when we were in school...well, let's just say our mothers would have NEVER let us out of the house with the kind of dresses they wear today. It's probably a good thing I never had a daughter!!! LOL. Hope you are feeling better! Have a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteI agree on #1 and also your thoughts on elegance in that day.
ReplyDeleteAh that was so classic and refined. Shoe number 1 for sure.
ReplyDeleteI really like #1 and I would wear them if the heel was lower.
ReplyDelete100% agree about "class" and "modesty." What on earth has happened?
ReplyDeleteI'm swimming upstream today and will vote for #3.
I agree-#1.
ReplyDelete#1 would be perfect! What a classic beauty she was!
ReplyDeleteShe certainly was an elegant lady, Terri. I'll go with #1.
ReplyDeleteThat soft brown suede look of the first pair is really pretty. I'll go with them, and yes, I agree with you on the tasteful beauty and modesty of publicity photos from years ago. That is long gone.
ReplyDeleteAnd I echo your words, "What a Friend We Have in Jesus." Yes, we do!
I think #1 fits the outfit best. Women knew how to be pretty and elegant back then.
ReplyDelete