Thursday, October 22, 2020

Whimsical Wednesday on Thursday

 

Whimsical Wednesday on Thursday.
There is no linky and there aren't any rules.
Check out the dress(es) and help pick some shoes.
Have some fun. It's just a whimsical thing.
(Photos from the Storybook of Dreams & Beauty)



Double trouble today!  Blogging friend, Mari, is expecting a new grand-girl in a few months.
When I saw the first dress and shoe choice, I thought of her and her daughter, so let's help them out!
Count down from the top 1-2-3 and tell us which shoes go best with the dress.



Barbara Stanwyck was beautiful.  This photo is from the 40s...
Which shoes would Ms. Stanwyck have chosen for her outfit?

#1
#2
#3

My thoughts:  For the little adorable denim dress, I choose the shiny red shoes!  What little girl doesn't want shiny red shoes?!!  As for the sassy Ms. Stanwyck's shoe choice, I don't think she would go for the #3 steampunk, but do think she might like #1.  What do you think?


Peace & hugs!  God bless!!





16 comments:

  1. Yep I think the bright red ones contrast nicely with that cute little dress. As for Ms Stanwick, well I think she'd like the style of #1 for that outfit but I'm not sure the colours are quite right so I'd opt for #2. #3 don't shout out class to me with those heels. Thanks for the fun Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was #1 for the little blue denim shoes that match the dress, but then I saw your comment and agreed, the shiny red ones would be the ones most little girls would pick. As for Miss Barbara Stanwick, I think #2 goes best with the dress and the style of the day, at least in my mind. I love the dress! And I love the little girl's denim jumper too. Would love to see that on a sweet little girl. Thank you for sharing these today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pick #2 for the little girl's dress and #2 for Barbara Stanwick's dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 for the little girl + #1 for Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. I choose the little red shoes and for the last one I choose #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the little one, I choose the denim shoes (#1). For Barbara? It's shoe #2.
    Blessings, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree ---the red shoes for the little girl. That is a classic choice.
    I think Barbara would have chose #2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pinafore is adorable! While #1's an exact match, I'm going with the red for pizazz. For Ms. Stanwyck, I'd choose #1.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree on the red shoes Terri. However I would pick number two shoes for Ms Stanwyck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the red shoes for the little girl.
    And number two for Barb! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes.. on Board with #1 for the little girl...#2 for Babs.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think every little girl should have a pair of shiny red shoes! As for Stanwyck's shoes I think she would have picked number 1-they kind of go with that era. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the thicker heels of older shoes. Dont give me those little stiletto's with tiny nail like heels - NOPE. I dont need any help breaking my ankle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always red shoes on little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww - I'm honored that you thought of me. That little dress is so cute and I agree that a little girl would love those red shoes.
    As for Barbara Stanwyk, I think she would choose shoe #1 too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Terri, oh what fun! Barbara Stanwyck is such a timeless beauty! I choose the #1 shoes for both outfits. Although I do like the shiny red ones too. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete