Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Wednesday Medley...




On this day theme...


1.  On this day in 1908, Billy Murray hits the charts with his “Take Me Out to The Ball Game”.  Did you watch the MLB playoffs, and are you watching the World Series?


The playoffs were on, but I can't say that I watched much. Yes, "we" are also watching the World Series.  I think Joe wants the Red Sox to win. They have two players from Lakeland, including the pitcher, Chris Sale.

2.  On this day in 1962, “The Manchurian Candidate”, directed by John Frankenheimer, starring Frank Sinatra and Laurence Harvey, was released.  What is your favorite Frank Sinatra song? 


I like most Frank Sinatra songs and we even listen to the Frank Sinatra station on Sirius Radio.  How about this one...




3.  On this day in 1968, Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithful were busted for pot and released on £50 bail.  Has your state approved the sale of medical marijuana?  In a nutshell, what are your thoughts on the subject?


Florida has approved the sale of medical marijuana and the first stores are due to open in Lakeland soon.  I think medical marijuana is okay. It's been around a long time without too much hoopla.  It is not hallucinogenic or addictive (so I've heard/read).  I have no experience with it and don't know anyone who has been prescribed yet.  If it helps with pain and is monitored by your doctor, why not?

4.  On this day in 1979, the Guinness Book of Records presented Paul McCartney with a rhodium disc as the all-time best-selling singer-songwriter. What is your favorite song by Paul McCartney?


I've never been a Beatles fan but do like Sir Paul.  John Lennon was my favorite (but not Yoko).  A favorite McCartney song would be...




5.  On this day in 2017, Albert Einstein’s “Theory of Happiness” written on a note as a tip for a bellboy in 1922, sold for $1.6 million.  His Theory of Happiness is: “A calm and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.”   Was Einstein right?


Sure wish I was in possession of that scrap of paper!! Wow!  I think I agree that a calm and modest life brings more happiness than a life spent pursuing something that makes you constantly anxious and restless.

6.  Tell us something random about your week so far...


This week has been busier so far than last week.  I took Cheryl to a doctor's appointment on Monday and on Tuesday our across-the-street neighbors wanted us to go over to Mazzaro's Italian Market with them. Always lots of fun! Of course, we are at the farm (Joe's client) this morning.  How is your week going so far?

I hope the linky below works for us!!  Thanks for checking in!  Peace & hugs!!








19 comments:

  1. Great choice of songs, Terri. Thanx.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Italian market sounds like fun. I've never been to one. And I'm wondering if anyone liked Yoko. Lol. I don't see a linky. I'll check back later. Thanks Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Terri for providing us questions each week, it's lots of fun. I do not see a linky either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for another week of fun questions to answer, Terri. Linking my post back to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Terri. Thanks so much for coming up with such great questions. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not seeing a linky thing, but that's okay. This week's questions were lots of fun, thanks for providing them! My daughter has started using cannabis oil for her anxiety and we know of a fellow who uses it for severe arthritis. Both say it helps. The oil is supposedly made from a different part of the cannabis and doesn't have whatever element that gets you "high." Our daughter is trying to talk Tim into trying it but we need to do more research. She says it doesn't influence drug tests, but we need to be clear on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the questions, Terri. I don't see a link either. Mine will go up around 10:00 a.m. At least that's what I've set it for. I linked my post back to this one. Have fun at the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. NJ has medical marijuana. It is very hard to get approved for (only a few approved ailments) and the card is expensive. Only a handful of places you can get it if you have a card (none in our area) and it is pricey. I've read that not many have the card because they can't afford it. Insurance doesn't cover it. Cheaper to buy on the street which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the questions Terri. My responses are on my blog but I can't see a Linky here :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for creating this and hosting this! I have answered on my blog. Hugs to you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting and giving us some fun questions. Love that Frank Sinatra tune too. I got to see him in concert once. It was so fun and I'm glad we went.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terri, I have to trust your conservative thinking on that marijuana question. I didn't think it was a good idea. If used for health and healing, I'm okay with it and if it would help arthritis, I sure could use it. I didn't see a Linky, but I did answer the fun questions. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the great questions this week, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been fun to see everyone's answers & i've been shocked how many people have said they're not big Beatles fans. Funny with them being one of the biggest names in the world. But I get it - I'm not that huge on them either :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved reading your answers. I never cared much for Yoko Ono either but I did love John Lennon. A life cut short way too soon. I am okay with the pot, too, but have never used it myself. Too chicken and old school here. lol
    I hope you have a great rest of the day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved the Beatles, and still do. I think medical marijuana is absolutely fine, and hope we can get that passed here in Georgia.
    Blessings, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, I want to go back to Mazzaro's! Funny, I nearly put down "Let It Be." That, or "Hey, Jude." Maybe it's not the Beatles I miss, so much as who I was and the world around me back then. Gosh, that Yoko Ono was/is a train wreck, yes? My favorite Beatle was George.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Paul McCartney is so good! I just love him!
    We have medical marijuana on the ballot next month, we will see. My answers are posted and I am making visits now. :) Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not a big Beatles fan, but I do like Frank Sinatra.
    Medical Marijuana is on the ballet in Michigan in a few weeks. I'm voting no. People can already get meds with marijuana in it, I have a resident on one right now. The bill to ok it allows a lot more freedom for growing it and from what I've seen, allows more people to use it that shouldn't be. The docs and other medical people I know aren't in favor of it. That's just my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete