Sweet City Woman
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
Saturday 9: Sweet City Woman (1971)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The lyrics tell us the singer is on his way to catch a train and he really wants to be on time. When is the last time you were late for something?
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The lyrics tell us the singer is on his way to catch a train and he really wants to be on time. When is the last time you were late for something?
Being late is not in my DNA. My pet peeve is people who are late. I can't say I've never been late because you can't help trains stopped on tracks or accidents blocking traffic but I can't remember the last time I was late for something.
2) He sings he's on his way to meet a woman known for her macaroons. What's your favorite cookie?
2) He sings he's on his way to meet a woman known for her macaroons. What's your favorite cookie?
My favorite store-bought cookie is a double-stuff Oreo. My favorite homemade cookie is the Italian Wedding Cookie...
.... and then there are homemade chocolate chip cookies, no-bake chocolate cookies, snickerdoodles, sugar cookies. Well, you get it.
3) His girlfriend's face is so pretty she lights up the city night. How many lights are in the room you're in? How many are switched on?
There are two lamps and an overhead in the living room. Two lamps are on.
4) This is the rare top 40 tune that prominently features a banjo. Sam has always been crazy about the sound of a banjo. What sound makes you smile? (It doesn't have to be a musical instrument. Think bacon sizzling, church bells, etc.)
4) This is the rare top 40 tune that prominently features a banjo. Sam has always been crazy about the sound of a banjo. What sound makes you smile? (It doesn't have to be a musical instrument. Think bacon sizzling, church bells, etc.)
Lots of sounds make me smile, like voices of loved ones, but sticking to music, I LOVE to hear a good trumpet being played. I fell in love with Blood, Sweat & Tears when they came on the scene back in the 60s. Oh, those trumpets!! The best instrument in any band... or just solo!!
5) 47 years after their record was a hit, The Stampeders still tour every summer, playing festivals across the US and their native Canada. Do you enjoy live music under the stars? Or would you prefer to be seated in a theater?
I don't go to concerts. The last one I went to in an outside venue was to hear Hall & Oates at Wolf Trap, in Virginia. We had seats "inside" and that was 34-35 years ago, I would prefer to be seated inside and hopefully not with a bunch of screamers around me! LOL
6) In 1971, when this song was popular on the radio, detective shows were popular on TV. Mannix, Ironside, and Cannon were all in the Top 20. Who is your favorite TV detective?
Danny Reagan, in Blue Bloods. There are quite a few we really like though!
7) Also in 1971, the Post Office Department was disbanded as a Cabinet department and became The United States Postal Service. When did you last go to the post office? Were you mailing something? Buying stamps? Picking up a package? Renewing your passport?
We bought stamps the last time we went to the post office.
8) Race car legend Jeff Gordon was born in 1971. Do you watch NASCAR?
5) 47 years after their record was a hit, The Stampeders still tour every summer, playing festivals across the US and their native Canada. Do you enjoy live music under the stars? Or would you prefer to be seated in a theater?
I don't go to concerts. The last one I went to in an outside venue was to hear Hall & Oates at Wolf Trap, in Virginia. We had seats "inside" and that was 34-35 years ago, I would prefer to be seated inside and hopefully not with a bunch of screamers around me! LOL
6) In 1971, when this song was popular on the radio, detective shows were popular on TV. Mannix, Ironside, and Cannon were all in the Top 20. Who is your favorite TV detective?
Danny Reagan, in Blue Bloods. There are quite a few we really like though!
7) Also in 1971, the Post Office Department was disbanded as a Cabinet department and became The United States Postal Service. When did you last go to the post office? Were you mailing something? Buying stamps? Picking up a package? Renewing your passport?
We bought stamps the last time we went to the post office.
8) Race car legend Jeff Gordon was born in 1971. Do you watch NASCAR?
We do not watch NASCAR. I just don't get it.
9) Random question -- Do you have a vaccination scar? If so, where is it?
I do have a smallpox vaccination scar on my left arm. You can hardly see it now because it has been there a very long time.
Thanks to our Saturday 9 hostess, Crazy Sam Winters!! You can find the questions HERE to join in!!





I am a Blue Bloods fan as well, and Danny is one of the best! I am not late anywhere.....in fact, I have been teased about being early....at work, at church, at parties, etc. I cant remember an outside concert, but many indoor ones........back when. I smile at my the arrival of my grandchildren, at a beautiful mountain, snow, someone accepting Christ as their Savior, a song, etc., etc. Have a lovely Saturday dear friend.
ReplyDeleteHis girlfriend's face is so pretty she lights up the city night.
ReplyDeleteShe should not have stuck her finger in the electric power socket !!!
Do you enjoy live music under the stars?
Yes, I do. But one day I'll be able to afford a roof on our house.
God bless.
I can't see my vaccination scar anymore either.
ReplyDeleteI agree all cookies are yummy. ;)
Have a nice day!
Oh, the homemade cookies.... I may have to bake this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard Wolf Trap mentioned in years!
Have a wonderful Saturday. I'm off to the pumpkin farm with Colton and Megan.
This is actually a song I really liked at as teenager! As for my favorite tv detective, it would be JB Fletcher in Murder She Wrote. I saw that Angela Lansbury turned 93 this week and still working. She will be the balloon lady in the new Mary Poppins film. She said to look for her at the end of the movie. My children can't stand Murder She Wrote as I made them watch it so much growing up!:)
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about people being late and I will not wait for them if something is happening at my house that they are late for. It is so rude.
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of the cookie too! I love all kinds. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Cute, happy song! Had I played today, my answer to #1 would be the same as yours. When I was commuting 32 miles to work each weekday, I'd leave early: Expect the unexpected. Then, if all went well, I'd extra time to sit in the parking lot and look at Facebook. :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite cookie is raw sugar-cookie dough.
Like you, Terri, I never like to be late for anything, and people who consistently run late are one of my pet peeves. This was a great song back in the day, and I do love the banjo, by the way.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend!
Terri.. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have found this fun link-up. Thank you. I'm quite partial to double stuffed oreos as well. Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteI'm not late either. Bob is early, which I'm always telling him isn't good either. People don't want you showing up too early, but I do think better early than late. :)
ReplyDeleteI am not a fan of store bought cookies, but I do like home made ones.
I have a small pox vaccine scar, which is faded like yours.
People who are always late are also a pet peeve of mine. Both my siblings and I all share this pet peeve, so I wonder if our parents instilled the punctuality thing into us. When I worked for someone who was ALWAYS late, it stressed me out so bad. I am glad I am married to someone who is with me on this one. All those cookies sound really good, although I haven't tried the Oreos. The last detective series we enjoyed was Foyle's War. Great show.
ReplyDeleteWe enjoyed Foyle's War too!
DeleteI am always 15 minutes early and it drives me nuts when folks are late...and that goes for dr.'s as well and give them 15 minutes, if not, then I am walking. My time is important, just saying. lolol
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on NASCAR...I just don't get it! And I like to be early wherever I go. I feel like I'm running late if I'm not! lol Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDelete