Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Wednesday Medley 10/10/18...



1. This week is County Fair Week in my old stomping grounds.  The Fairfield County (Ohio) Fair holds fond memories for me, especially of the marching band show on the race track, in front of the grandstand, and of 4-H sewing projects.  Do you have a memory to share of a county or state fair!!  I gave my memories away in the question but I did love going to our country fair!  The band always performed in front of the grandstand and then we got to enjoy the fair. I also entered a couple of projects from 4-H in those early years. One year, I had a crush on a much older boy and secretly bought one of those engravable rings (for 50¢) that had his name and my name on it.  I remember I got mad at him a few months later and stomped the ring into the ground.  LOL  It looked similar to this and no, he did not know:


2. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?  Cats, of course!



3. What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?  The unicorn was a symbol of purity and grace, which we could sure use more of in this world today!  The horn had the power to heal sickness, which would also serve humanity well.  



4. What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?



5. Is intelligence or wisdom more useful?  I know some people who have advanced degrees and they are ignorant in so many ways.  I'll take wisdom and experience over a degree any day!



6. Tell us something random about the rest of your week!  Thankfully, we don't have much of anything planned for this week, but tomorrow is Joe's older brother's birthday.  Happy birthday to my brother-in-law, Lou!!  Here are the three D'Orsaneo 'boys'.  Lou is on the left.



Update on Cheryl & Helen:  Cheryl is doing well and the home health care folks are coming as scheduled for her therapy sessions.  We did have a scare on Monday night.  Cheryl called to let us know a friend from church came by to take Cheryl to get a prescription.  When they got home, Helen had fallen because she was light-headed.  They took her to urgent care and her blood pressure was 209 over 120.  They sent her to the Emergency Room and we were asked to meet them there.  They took her right back and I went with her.  Cheryl and Joe waited in the waiting room. The friend from church went home.  It was around 6:30 pm.  They did a CT scan and got her started on BP meds through an IV.  Her BP came down and they let us leave at about 9:45 pm.  Cheryl is helping her monitor her BP at home and so far it has been good.  I take her to her primary doctor tomorrow.  Your prayers would be appreciated!  (Joe and I have her POA and we are both her designated health care surrogates.)


Thanks for coming by today!!  
If you joined in, I hope you had fun!

Peace & hugs!!









22 comments:

  1. Goodness, Cheryl has surgery and is doing well, and Helen is next. Glad you and Joe are there for them both and prayers that Helen's BP remains within normal limits. I remember the fair, but nothing in particular. I agree that cats would be the rudest for sure. Intelligence doesnt always mean that person knows best. Wisdom and experience top that every time. We are having the home care doctor visit Jim for the first time today and we are anxious to see how that goes. It will be a great help to us. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl and Helen are so lucky to have you and your hubs. Terri, thanks so much for writing such clever questions. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful update on Cheryl, but praying Helen will be okay! Giggling at several of your answers today. #4 nearly made me spit my drink on the laptop. LOL I couldn't agree more about wisdom. And those county fairs... When I was young my grandmother and I would go to the Crawford County Fair for whatever was going on at the grandstand nearly every day. We watched the Miss Crawford County competition, the sulky races, the horse pulls, the tractor pulls, the stunt shows, the music groups, and the major stars. I saw and met the casts from Hee Haw and the Lawrence Welk Show there. One of the "thrills" of my childhood was getting to as Grandpa (from Hee Haw) "What's for supper, Grandpa?" He was even wiping the same free-standing window that was his prop on the show. I remember that everyone was so nice and gracious from both shows, but especially Guy and Ralna (sp?) from the LW Show.
    Hope you all are staying safe today as Michael makes ground.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri! So fun to see familiar faces here on Wednesday. So happy you were able to keep a link going. One of these days I'll jump in. I agree with Katie...your friends are fortunate to have you in their lives. Navigating health care these days takes intelligence AND wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have fond memories of the county fair....I have not attended a fair in years however. Hope Helen is on the mend. I am sure the stress of the last weeks caught up to her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How scary about Helen. I'm glad to hear that she is ok + that Cheryl is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true that Cheryl and Helen are blessed to have you and Joe in their lives! Praise God she didn't have a stroke. Hoping that BP can be kept under control now. Funny tale about you and the "crush." I bet we all have similar tales. Lol Thanks for the Wednesday Medley, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all I'd like to say I'm thrilled to be joining in today for my first time! Health issues can be so scary...praying for continued recovery and healing! I can relate to your story about having the crush...and I remember those rings too. Oh to be so young and foolish again.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just sent up a prayer for Helen! I'm glad you were available to help them.

    As for Unicorns, they always look like they are ready to party! The horn looks like a party hat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My choice of mythical creature was unicorn and in reading answers of others, I am learning more about them. All I knew about them was that little girls seem to love them. Happy birthday to Joe's brother and I'm sorry to hear about the fall. Helen and Cheryl are blessed to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awful turn of events for Helen! Praying this doesn't mean she won't need assisted living anytime soon! Great answer to #5 and accompanying graphic. (I think I answered that one too quickly.)
    Joe and Lou so resemble one another, don't they? Happy Birthday, Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my, poor Helen! Adding her to my prayer list.
    Blessings, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your friends bout with bp. Not fun. I hope things get better for her.
    I like reading other peoples point of views.

    ReplyDelete
  14. By the way, I love the pic of the guy picking! Lol. Are you in the path of the hurricane?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thankfully we were bypassed by Michael. Just some gray clouds, a bit of wind and some spotty rain. He stayed 200 miles west of Tampa Bay.

      Delete
  15. Wow...a lot of stuff here. So glad Helen is okay, and that you and Joe and Cheryl are able to care for her. Now, back to the questions...I remember our county fairs as a kid...I always got sick on the tilt a whirl and the scrambler...I once got a ribbon (can't remember what color) on flower arrangement I did with the girl scouts for the fair. Love #4...that would be a "steiner man crazy picture"...I have some of my hubby and his brother both doing the same thing, pretending that is...crazy guys. Happy Birthday to Lou! Glad Hurricane Michael passed us both by. So sorry for those in its path. Have a blessed week dear friend in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our local fair was called a farm show. It is still a very big deal and tonight was the parade. There are many things I miss about our home area, but the farm show parade is probably one of the things I miss most. If I didn't see so many people posting their pictures on FB of watching the parade and then going to the food area for their milkshakes, etc ......

    That is really scary about Helen's blood pressure! I pray it remains stable now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the pics you shared on each point. I liked your ring story - too bad for him! :)
    Sorry to hear about Helen, they are both blessed to have you and Joe in their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't remember doing fairs very much, but I'm sure we went. I was more of an amusement park girl.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terri,

    I just subscribed to your posts via email so hopefully I can play along next week. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete