Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Wednesday Medley...




1.  The Circleville, Ohio, Pumpkin Festival starts today.  All things pumpkin are everywhere. What is your one very favorite pumpkin flavored food or drink?  Do you wish it was available all year or do you only want it in the Fall?   I lived less than an hour from Circleville when I was growing up and we never went to the Pumpkin Festival.  I have said before that I don't care for pumpkin flavored things, with only one exception and that's my mom's recipe for pumpkin bread (recipe can be found under my recipe tab above).  It is delicious and cinnamony.  I will eat one piece of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving day because that is what you are supposed to do.

2.  What product would you seriously stockpile if you found out they weren't going to sell it anymore?  Joe laughed and said toilet paper, but you could always use Kleenex tissues...  Perhaps I would go Mad Max and stockpile gasoline.  

3.  What is the most interesting thing you have seen online this week?  The horror in the aftermath of Hurricane Michael. So much devastation and it is always interesting to me to see how people pull together in tragedy, oblivious of race, creed, religion, or color.  Why does it take a tragedy?

4.  Is it better to be a "big fish in a small pond" or a "small fish in a big pond"?  I think that depends on each person. I am from a very small mid-western town where it was very easy to be a big fish in a small pond. I left that small pond and became a stronger swimmer (if you will).  Some classmates never left and made a life there, happy or not.  I'm glad to just go back for a visit now and then!

5.  My Joe has become obsessed with playing chess on the computer.  Do you play chess?  Are you good at it?  I  play at chess and am not very good or very serious about it.  I don't know how to call a move or be very technical about it.  I know the rules and that checkmate wins.

6.  Tell us something random about your week.  We both got our hair cut this week and we go to the farm on Friday instead of today.  The client had to get their house tented for termites and they won't be moved back in yet.  They posted this on Facebook.  I have never taken a picture of their house to maintain their privacy, but I think posting this is okay...



Thanks for stopping by today and if you joined in on the Medley, please let me know so I can visit!


Happy Hump Day!  Peace & hugs!!



27 comments:

  1. Good morning, Terri. Thanks so much for coming up with another week of fun questions. I agree about the devastation of Hurricane Michael. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined you on the Medley this week. Can I go back and change my answers? Yours are so much better than mine. Oh well, everyone is different and will see these questions in different ways. I'm continuing in prayer for the poor people in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas. Such devastation. And I agree, people should work together without a disaster happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted my blog this morning and forgot to 'do' the questions, but will do better next week. Interesting questions and answers. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri, thanks for the questions today! Mr C believes in the toilet paper stockpile as well. LOL. That pumpkin bread sounds good and I love pumpkin cookies or cake with cream cheese frosting. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once lost a game of chess to a vacuum cleaner. I was playing chess by myself, following the moves of old masters from a book I had, I played both sides in turn. The book was old and dusty and some dust fell on the chess board. I tried picking it up with the vacuum cleaner and it sucked in all the pieces and won the game.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Terri, for picking up the Wednesday questions and bringing us all back together. I have joined you today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri, it has broken my heart to see all the people looking for relatives that they cannot find after the hurricane. I can only imagine how frantic they are! As for something I would miss....CHOCOLATE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love pumpkin pie but I've never had anything else pumpkin flavored except one year I made pumpkin cookies. Ugh they were terrible. I'm a good baker so I think I just picked a bad recipe. I never tried them again. lol
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner.. Now ads on QVC for Christmas... Where did the time go. Pumpkin pie with ice cream here would be just fine here! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Terri,
    I joined in today. Thank you for hosting.
    My son is at Basic in Fort Jackson, South Carolina. He has endured both hurricanes. Something new for a Mid West boy. The Commander of Fort Jackson allowed trainees to call home after each hurricane to let family know they are safe.
    I liked how you answered #4 .. my husband and I did the same. We will never go back to live in our hometowns .. but we do visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot all about this meme....hope you have a lovely day, friend . smiles.😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a very nice farm house. Toilet paper!! Of course! Oh my goodness, I couldn't think of many things until this morning. I'm so sorry for those people in Florida to have had such a devastating thing happen to them and the loss of so many lives. I can't imagine. I like your comment that you became a strong swimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate termites!! We've had our battles with those little stinkers. Joe's comment about toilet paper made me laugh, but hey, he's right!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's some huge home! Stockpiling gasoline is a great idea (hee-hee). Tom's daughter and SIL had gas tanks buried underground for a few months before a neighbor turned them in. I sure agree with your #3. Why DOES it take a tragedy to prompt our citizens to come together? What's wrong with us? (Them, I mean … lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of it includes stables and kennels, but it is a big residence!

      Delete
  15. Great questions. I will have to give this a try but already posted for today.Maybe I can try tomorrow :)
    I went to school in Athens Ohio a bit over an hour south from Circleville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohio University? Several of my family graduated from there!!

      Delete
  16. I jumped into the Wednesday Medley today. Thanks for taking the time to come up with some fun and thought-provoking questions!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, Terri, I agree - why does it take a tragedy for people to come together? Praying for the victims of Michael and Florence, and for the many people who are helping them put their lives back together.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in today. Thanks for the questions. Toilet paper never entered my head - I was thinking of edibles! That tenting of the house looks like a nightmare. Hmm I hope I don't seem rude for refusing pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll be able to manage a small piece to be polite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think Joe is pretty smart - toilet paper is needed!
    The hurricane damage is terrible, but it is nice to see people pull together.
    That termite tent looks like a real mess!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, my husband thinks I stockpile toilet paper and paper towels anyway because I buy so much at a time.:o)) Thanks for the questions, it's fun. Have you ever thought of setting up a link so we could all link up on your post? Happy mid-week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lea, I did set up a linky when I was doing Black & White Wednesdays but there is a charge for it. I tried a couple of them. If you have a good link to suggest, let me know.

      Delete
  21. I had another online friend mention the Circleville Pumpkin Festival today! I need to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never heard of tenting a house for termites! What a nightmare!

    I would stockpile contact lenses, hahaha!

    I love pumpkin bread, especially with chocolate chips. And pumpkin pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Houses (and businesses) get tented all the time here in Florida. We don't have winter freezes to kill the bugs or send them underground. You can drive into most any neighborhood, especially if there are lots of live oak trees, and find a house tented frequently. We had to do the Museum one time years ago. It is no fun getting everything out of the building that might be harmed by chemicals... food, fabrics, artworks, eating and cooking utensils. No fun at all!

      Delete
  23. Hello Terri, I'm coming over from Barbara's site. : ) You have such a kind face, I thought I'd drop by and say hello!

    We are experiencing our first cool fronts and President Trump will be in our area this week! My daughters will be attending.

    Blessings to you, enjoyed my visit! I also enjoyed seeing your President Trump photo on your sidebar. He needs our prayers as well as our country.

    ~Amelia from The Forest Cathedral

    ReplyDelete