Treat You Better
Saturday 9: Treat You Better (2016)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
This song was chosen because October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Please share this information about The National Domestic Violence Hotline. Let's spread the word that there's help out there.
1) In this song, a young man advises his neighbor to stop wasting her time with a guy who makes her cry. What is something you regret wasting time on? (It doesn't have to be a romance.) I waste too much time online, but I don't really regret it.
2) Much of this video takes place in a very sparely-decorated apartment. Because Shawn Mendes and the girl he’s singing to both appear young, it’s easy to assume they are both in their first apartments. Tell us about the first place you ever rented. My first apartment as a single (newly divorced) woman as a really great 2-bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath apartment in Fairfax, VA. I loved it but the complex went condo after two years and I couldn't afford to buy.
3) It's clear he can hear his neighbors' conversations and arguments through the walls. Are your neighbors quiet? Do you consider yourself a quiet neighbor? I have never had really noisy neighbors and I am not noisy.
4) This song received a lot of attention and airplay because it was used in a Southwest Airline commercial. When you last visited an airport, were you traveling yourself or meeting someone? We haven't flown in a long time so I think it was picking someone up.
5) This week's artist, Shawn Mendes, was a serious skateboarder during his high school years. Sam has never even set foot on a skateboard. How about you? I had a skateboard back in high school. Yes, there were skateboards in the 60s!! Mine was red and had metal wheels. The best place to skateboard was the sidewalk up to our high school's front door. It was a slight hill that was perfect for not falling!! LOL
6) Shawn is happy eating cold cereal with milk for every meal -- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. He prefers cereal with almonds in it. What about you? Do you have a favorite cereal? I am not a cereal lover. If I have to have it, I'll eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch and in the cooler months, I will eat oatmeal now and then. I would much rather have protein for breakfast. I'm a meat and eggs kind of girl.
7) He says he started eating cereal beyond breakfast because it's convenient, and it helps him avoid "junk food" when he's in a hurry. Do you often order your food "to go?" We do get food "to go" or delivered. I would much rather eat at home, actually.
8) In 2016, when this song was popular, a German shorthaired pointer named CJ won Best in Show at the Westminster Dog Show. Is there a dog who holds a special place in your heart? I had a 90-pound collie named Sarge. My ex got him and the house when we split. I got that great apartment mentioned above. I do think of Sarge often. He was a sweet boy. He ended up with cancer and had to be euthanized. Here is Sarge with my brother, Randy (a very long time ago!).
9) And this week, we're trying a random fill in the blank: I wish someone would create an app that tells me what to make for dinner each night, based on the food I have in the house. If you know of one, let me know!!
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!"Enjoy your weekend!
Thanks to Crazy Sam for this week's Saturday 9! You can join in HERE!
Thanks for stopping by my Saturday 9 answers!! Happy Saturday!!
Peace & hugs!!




Great answers! I'm not a big cereal eater either, but I do like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Maybe we can eat breakfast together if that is on the menu. LOL. Your apartment sounds great. Too bad it was turned into a condo and you couldn't keep it.
ReplyDeleteLike the questions this morning, and your answers would be similar to mine. Hugs
ReplyDelete"What is something you regret wasting time on?"
ReplyDeleteWorrying!
Q8 - Is there a dog who holds a special place in your heart?
ReplyDeleteWe had a dog called "Sit". He was a bit stupid. Whenever I called him he used to lie down where he was rather than come to me.
My elderly neighbour got a dog last week. He must have called him "Help" because I heard him calling all night "Help ... Help ... Help ..." He must have eventually found him because by morning he stopped calling. For some reason, there was an ambulance outside his house.
God bless.
Cereals hold a special memory for me.
ReplyDeleteLast year my uncle died suddenly and we did not have time to say goodbye. He collapsed into a bowl of Cheerios.
God bless.
Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWho? Me? Why?
DeleteGod bless you K Taggart. Keep smiling.
About hearing neighbours conversations. The walls in our house are so thin that last Sunday when I opened the oven door the neighbour was helping himself to a turkey leg.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
No I am not a cereal eater either.....give me biscuits and gravy.lol I used to eat that every morning as a child. Now it is a special treat.:)
ReplyDeleteGreen smoothies are my typical breakfast (except for pancakes on Saturdays); and a bowl of hot oatmeal every once in a while.
ReplyDeleteWe try to be quiet neighbors and I'm sure we've succeeded in that since the children grew up and moved to their own homes and the last of our dogs passed on.
Happy Saturday to you -- it looks like Beloved has fixed my problems with comments!
Hooray!!
DeleteYour Sarge was so beautiful, Terri! Like Lassie! I'm 99% a meat-and-eggs gal, too … but every now and then I get a craving for a Grape Nuts and almond milk supper. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea for an app! Yes! I love that. We also bring our food home to eat a lot.
ReplyDeleteSarge was so handsome! I just adore dogs. I loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
I'm pretty sure that most of us spend too much time online but it's our shopping go to, our reading go to and of course, our social media go to. Enjoyable answers!
ReplyDeleteThe great think living in the Masonic retirement community is the one super great Dinner each day....my cooking days have waned.. This is living...get my apartment cleaned every two weeks, what could be better??
ReplyDeleteGreat thought on that app, lol. Great post, Terri.
ReplyDelete