Thursday, October 18, 2018

Thankful Thursday...

On Thursdays, I love linking up over at Knit by God's Hand for Rebecca Jo's Thankful Thursday!  You can join in HERE.  My thankful list always seems ho-hum compared to Rebecca Jo's. Visit her blog and get to know her, if you haven't already done that!


** I mentioned on Facebook that I am thankful for a house to clean and clothes to wash.  So many folks have lost everything due to the hurricanes that have hit us so hard this season.

** I am thankful for my family, extended family, and my friends. So blessed.

** I am thankful that Joe has been feeling better, though still looking forward to hopefully getting an epidural for his back pain next month.

** I am always thankful to hear from our sons when they call!

** I am so thankful that we live in Lakeland, FL and especially that we found such a wonderful retirement community to enjoy.

** Several of my medications are expensive so I try to find the best place to buy them.  I am thankful for the Canadian Med Store which saves me over $50.00 a month on one of my meds (exact same drug, company, and packaging as here).  Buying from there also keeps me from hitting "the donut hole" with my insurance (anyone on Medicare will understand that).  I am taking a new med prescribed by my UroGyn who just did my surgery last month.  The Canadian Med Store couldn't find it available anywhere.  I went to GoodRx.com and got a coupon for a Harvey's Grocery Store Pharmacy.  Our Harvey's is just down the street but I found out they don't have a pharmacy there at that location. The employee at Harvey's pointed across the street to the Ariana Pharmacy, indicating that the Harvey's Pharmacy was over there. Across the street, we went.  Well...

The Pharmacist there is the owner of his own independent pharmacy. He used to be in the pharmacy when Harvey's was a Winn Dixie.  Long story shorter... he doesn't accept the coupons from GoodRx but did match their price for me.  He indicated that since he is an independent owner, he is happy to always give his clients the best price available.  He suggested I bring him a list of my medications and he would see what he can do for me.  Now THAT is customer service to be thankful for!!

** And ALWAYS, I am thankful for each one of you!!  Thanks for checking in today!!

Peace & hugs!!




17 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe and sound! It's so sad that every time I hear the news the death toll from Michael seems to have gone up a few more. What a blessing that pharmacist is! Have a wonderful and blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time you can save on a prescription is a plus and glad you found someone that will help with that. There is always so much to be thankful for...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That IS good news! So glad that worked out hopefully to your advantage. I've never heard of "Harvey's" Must be a local store? Anyway, thankful for this answer to your prayers, among all the others. God is good...all the time, God is good! (We say this every morning in church at the beginning of our service)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too found the advantage of Good RX. Sometimes they are cheaper than my script plan. I don't know how they came into being, but for anyone who hasn't heard about it, check it out.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great about finding your med cheaper. Prices are crazy.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you found a pharmacist that will work to find you the best prices. I am so thankful for our prescription insurance, our meds are so expensive. Wish our country would do something for us seniors to help with our meds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Terri, that is awesome customer service, and something to truly be thankful about. And I loved that you are thankful for having a home, especially in light of so many dear folks who have lost both home and livlihood in the wake of these horrific hurricanes. Just heard today that many farmers in south Georgia are facing ruination. How devastating is that? Praying for them all!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing from more & more people about getting meds from Canada - you'd think that our pharmaceutical people would notice that they are loosing money with these high prices... but I guess their cost is so high, they can afford some people doing the Canadian route - which is so stupid sad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing customer service!! WOW!!! I am also thankful that Joe is feeling better! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a lot to be thankful for this week. And the weather is supposed to cool off this weekend...something to look forward to! Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow on that pharmacist, Terri! I'm still trying to decide on an Advantage Plan (yay or nay on drug coverage). I've only two scripts and have been just paying out of pocket. Nevertheless, I'd like to check out any relief from our friends north of the border.
    So glad to hear Joe is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for that pharmacist! I should check into the meds from Canada because my Dad is frequently complaining about the donut hole...
    Glad Joe is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hearing from your son's! Me too, I am with you on that. Our son is at Basic Training at Fort Jackson, South Carolina. The Commander allowed trainees to call home after each hurricane. Normally during Basic you do not hear from your them but with mail/letters. Peeking in the mailbox has become a favorite part of the day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much to always be thankful for. Hugs and blessings sweet Terri. You and Joe have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cool is that! I hope he can match all your other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I read stories like yours about medication and pricing I am even more grateful for our NHS. I pay for a prescription for my meds but it is a flat fee. Of course there are glitches - sometimes different health trust won't agree to using new drugs if they are expensive but generally it works out ok.

    ReplyDelete