Thursday, October 25, 2018

Thankful Thursday with Rebecca Jo...

I am linking up with Rebecca Jo at Knit By God's Hand for her Thankful Thursday link-up.  You can find her HERE to join in!  Thanks, Rebecca Jo!!


** We are so blessed and thankful to have such good neighbors here in our community!  We had a great time on Tuesday with Anne & Paul at Mazzaro's Italian Market! Paul drove so we treated for lunch. Win-win!!  (They live across the street from us!)


**  Today, Joe and I are on a tour with more friends from Mas Verde. I'll have lots of pictures to share, I'm sure! Thankful for opportunities for fellowship!

**  I am thankful that we are able to continue helping Cheryl and Helen. We brought them over for dinner with us last night. Helen loves ham and bean soup, so that's what I made, with cornbread, a salad, and store-bought pie and ice cream for dessert.  Cheryl will be allowed to drive November 1st and will go back to work the week after Thanksgiving. We have one more week to help them get around.  She has recovered so well! Your prayers have been much appreciated!

**  Have I mentioned Joe in my Thankful Thursday posts lately?  I am so blessed and thankful to have this man in my life!!



**  I am so happy that Thanksgiving is coming!! I LOVE cooking Thanksgiving dinner. They have a big celebration up at our Clubhouse, but I just can't miss roasting a big turkey and preparing all the traditional fixin's.  Not sure how many folks we will have around the table.  Missing our son Joe and DIL Darlene.  Hoping Darlene can come down anyway (hint, Darlene!).  Would love that!  (Joey is in Kuwait until March.)

(Last year's spread.)



What are you thankful for today?  Thanks for checking in!! 

Peace & hugs!!


17 comments:

  1. Thankful for so many things, but right now I'll say I'm thankful my shoulder continues to feel a little better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those same dishes! I love them. My husband bought them for my 440th birthday. That was some time ago.
    Today I am thankful for a warm house (I live in New Hampshire), food in my fridge and a husband who is my best friend, and three dogs who love me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE my Pfaltzgraff dishes! I bought mine over 25 years ago at a garage sale and got service for 16 plus double serving dishes - all for $100. Couldn't believe my good fortune!

      Delete
  3. Hi Terri... I tried to comment yesterday but I couldn't. I'm thankful for your Wednesday Medley questions! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelia has taken over Thanksgiving dinner in our family. I still do the dressing!! And since we do our family Thanksgiving the week before Thanksgiving, we can go to Savannah to be with family for Thanksgiving Day. That will be such fun. ( I also tried to comment yesterday but could not....glad I can today.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We head to my MIL's for Thanksgiving dinner. I don't have to cook or clean up. Big win win for me. :)
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanksgiving is a special holiday for us. We all go to one of our houses (Jennifers this year) and all bring our special dish and it isnt too much for any one person. I am very thankful for my family and this holiday expresses it even more than usual. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know Helen & Cheryl are so thankful for you & Joe as well - all you have done for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great thankful list today, Terri! I'm thankful for the cooler weather, for my family and friends, and of course, for God's love.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are able to help your friends. You do seem to have a nice community there. I hope your DIL is able to be with you for Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving too!
    I posted your Wednesday questions today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I hope your tour was great fun! I'm particularly grateful for the cooler temps (today's high is 60*), comfy quilts and hoodies. And yes! I found the Palmetto cheese at Wal-Mart the other day. YUM, for sure; much better than the Pimento. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Pam, at Empty Nest, is the one who blogged about it first and I tried it at her suggestion. You can visit her here: http://www.emptynest1.net/2018/10/theres-naked-barbie-on-table.html

      Delete
  11. I always enjoy your Thankful posts. I have to tell you that although I've never met Joe, I like him! I can tell he's a good guy and I know you love him dearly! And, he just has the best smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about your Bob!! Thank you. He is a great guy!

      Delete
  12. What a great list today! You've gone and made me hungry for ham and bean soup, though. It's one of my favorites. I hope you had a nice time on the tour and can't wait to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what an awesome Thanksgiving spread! I too am so very grateful for neighbors and family. I’m a little late but I’ll do my thing for post tomorrow! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete