This recap has no photographs because I was remiss in taking any at the couple of events that made up our weekend. My bad.
Backing up to Thursday, I started my day early with yet another appointment at the Watson Clinic. It was time for my every-two-years bone density test. I'm happy to report that I hadn't shrunk anymore since I was there two years ago. I have lost an inch since I was in high school but I blame most of that on my bad knees.
When I got home from there, Helen and I went to visit with Cheryl. We were happy to learn that she would get to go home on Saturday! I haven't mentioned Cheryl's roommate but Dorothy is an older woman who is just so nice. We included her in our visits and she and Cheryl talked a lot and sat at the same table in the dining room. We have become Facebook friends with her. She almost cried when we left with Cheryl on Saturday. We also got to know her daughter and learned that they are looking for an assisted living place for Dorothy. We can meet such dear people in some unlikely places.
On Friday, Helen had her usual weekly hair appointment at First Choice and while she was there I ran to Walmart (around the corner) for a couple of things. From there, we (of course) visited Cheryl again and brought some of her things home (to Helen's house) so there wouldn't be so much to lug out on Saturday.
Saturday morning found us springing Cheryl from the Opis rehabilitation center. She was ready to get home and it was also her birthday!! What a great birthday present to be doing so well only two weeks after open-heart surgery (aortic valve replacement)!! She asked to go to Cheddar's for her birthday dinner, so Joe and I went over around 4:00 to pick them up for an early dinner out. We had picked up a birthday cake the day before to have after dinner. We all had a nice time and it was Helen's treat, bless her heart. The cake and ice cream back at the house was good.
We told them we would pick them up for church on Sunday. Cheryl won't be able to drive for a few more weeks so they will be relying on friends to take them places and make sure they have what they need. The first Sunday of each month, their church has a potluck lunch after the service so I made a pasta salad to take. Joe went with us. Everyone was surprised and happy to see Cheryl so that was nice. The luncheon was good. We took them home and reminded them that we were just a phone call away.
I got laundry started yesterday but am finishing it up today. Unless Helen calls us, we have nothing on the calendar for today or tomorrow. I can assure you that I will not be setting the alarm clock and if I sleep until 9:00ish, so be it!! LOL
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead!! Thanks for your visit! Peace & hugs!

You have been busy, Terri. Have a rest, my friend.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Wonderful happy ending to a great story! Now, yes, you get some well deserved rest! Thank you for being such a great friend to your friends. You are a wonderful example to all of us. God bless you!
ReplyDeleteAs busy as you have been, I hope you CAN sleep til 9:00! You are the kind of friend we all wish we had. Have a restful Monday.
ReplyDeleteI hope you do get to sleep in...day off from school for me and I still got up early, lol.
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful day friend.
I don't know how you do it all! :)
ReplyDeleteYou have had a busy weekend. I hope you get to sleep in.
ReplyDeleteHave a good day!
This is a happy happy story for Cheryl! And Happy Birthday to her, as well!
ReplyDeleteWhat a busy weekend!! So glad Cheryl is home and I know it is a relief for Helen as well.
ReplyDeleteSuch a happy weekend, Terri!
ReplyDeleteYou deserve some time to rest and relax! We are back in FL now but I am still not very energetic! I just keep going though. Enjoy your afternoon! Hope we don't get any bad weather this week! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteWhoa! Sounds like a whirlwind of a weekend. Sit down, put your feet up. The laundry will wait, Terri!
ReplyDeleteYou have been a busy gal for sure. I always say that when I stay busy I stay focused and out of trouble! LOL! But oh this old gal is trying real hard to learn to rest some and that's hard for someone like me. Enjoyed your post today. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteAhhh - my heart aches for poor Dorothy. I'm glad you FB friended her so you can stay in touch
ReplyDeleteSo happy your friend is home - it is so hard to recover in an unfamiliar place! So nice to have friends to lean on for rides, meals, etc. Hugs
ReplyDeleteYou've been so busy - I hope that today and tomorrow stay quiet and you too can just relax!
ReplyDeleteLike Rebecca Jo said, I'm feeling so sad for Dorothy. That's such a sweet encounter … and unfortunately, there's probably so many lonely Dorothy's out there.
ReplyDeleteGreat news on your bone density! 'Hoping I can find a Medicare Advantage plan that includes that diagnostic and learn what's going on with my osteo.
Hope you get to enjoy several sleep-late mornings. You deserve it!
Wow, what a wonderful weekend, Terri, and such great news about Cheryl! Sorry I've been absent from your blog the past several days, but Virginia and Mom took up lots of my attention, not to mention it's difficult to read and comment on blogs from my phone. Think I need a new one - lol!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
No worries!!
DeleteHello, my friend.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a giving soul, and so many people are blessed by you.
Enjoy your free days, and sleep in as long as you like!
That sounds like a busy weekend. Hope you got to sleep in yesterday! It is just incredible that two weeks after open heart surgery Cheryl is up and about!! And I'm sure that getting out of there and celebrating her birthday with good friends was good medicine in itself! God bless you Terri.
ReplyDeleteWell you have certainly clocked up a reserve of good deeds done! I hope you've been relaxing the last few days. Lovely that Cheryl got to go home on her birthday as planned.
ReplyDelete