Yesterday, Joe and I went on a tour with a tram full of folks from our community here at Mas Verde. We met at Circle B Bar Preserve at 9:15 and climbed aboard for a tram tour of the 1300 acres of nature preserve!
They have four paid positions and over 190 volunteers. Our driver and tour guide were both volunteers who love nature and did a great job for us! Unfortunately, this is really the wrong time of year to see much wildlife activity. The birds we saw are ones we see everywhere here in Florida. The migrating birds haven't arrived yet. The alligators are not active right now, though we did see a small one in one of the swampy areas. We saw four wild hogs but they were too fast to get a photo. Anyway, it was a nice couple of hours and it did make me want to return after the first of the year when things might be more interesting. I wish my knees worked better so I could walk a couple of the trails, which would be the best way to see it.
Here are a few of the photos I took along the way...
The woman was our driver and the man was our tour guide.
A selfie and looking at the trail behind us.
The trails were marked clearly.
We did see an Eagle's nest in the trees. Our guide told us
that it is estimated to weigh 800 pounds! Wow!
I took a picture, but you can't see the nest. It was too far away for my camera.
It was a beautiful day, and not too hot. There were about 20 of us.
Butterflies!
There were so many oak trees with Spanish moss hanging and blue sky
showing between the limbs.
Joe was lulled to sleep for much of the journey.
It was not very exciting! LOL (Yes, I showed him the photo.)
The sign at the entrance/exit. Here is the website, if you are interested.
I am driving Helen to her hair appointment this morning, and then to a doctor's appointment this afternoon. We will play Nickels tonight with our friends at the Clubhouse. So far, the weekend will be quiet, though our Canadian neighbors, Jill and Murray, are due back Saturday or Sunday! We are so blessed with such good neighbors!
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great Friday and weekend ahead!
Peace & hugs!! God bless!!











I am sure you had a nice day on the tour and as you said, maybe after the first of the year, more wildlife will be around and out. Have a nice Friday and upcoming weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely day and wonderful photos. Thank you for sharing them with us, Terri.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Ooo that place looks great. I'm off to check out their website.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Sounds like a lovely place...sorry you couldn't see more, but it was fun being out with the people I am sure. At least I hope it was a nice day...it's been great not being quite so hot, and now we are getting some much needed rain. So thankful for that as everything was drying up. Have a beautiful weekend. Always love to hear from you.
ReplyDeleteHAHA Joe!!!! That's too funny. Must have been a really relaxing tour :)
ReplyDeleteJay sometimes falls asleep on tours like that. The ride and the voice lulls them! Good pictures and looks like a good tour. The NEST weighs 800 pounds??? Wow! That is amazing! Must be a really big eagle to need such a heavy duty nest. (Or is it the eagle that weighs 800 pounds?)
ReplyDeleteNeat place and it looks so nice and warm. 33 frosty degrees here in New Hampshire.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun and informative day Terri. We are having a quiet weekend here at home, I hope to reorganize my craft closet. the fun never ends here at Nanaland.lol
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tour!!! I am cracking up at the photo of Joe napping but that would have been me...I sleep anytime I am in a car if I’m not driving!!! Lol! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteCute selfie! I'm afraid both Tom and I'd be like your Joe. :) Still, it's neat to know there are that many committed volunteers, passionate about what they do.
ReplyDeleteOh that looks like so much fun!! Enjoyed all the pictures, made me wish I was there.
ReplyDeleteLoved you photos as always, Terri. Poor Joe, though, falling asleep during the trip? Hope he managed to enjoy most of it anyway.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
looks like a nice way to spend a day. Funny that he fell asleep. I guess he needed it!
ReplyDeleteMuchas gracias por compartir. Feliz fin de semana
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time! They sure do well in getting that many volunteers!
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat place to visit. Riding an open trolley sounds like fun. I wish your knees were better, too. Maybe someday! And, yes... I love 🦉! 💜
ReplyDelete