Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Saturday 9: "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" Theme
This week's song was chosen because this is the last Saturday 9 before Halloween. Are you unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) The Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock, was born in England. Name another pop culture contribution England has made. So many! How about The Beatles.
2) This week's song is recognized as the theme to Hitchcock's long-running TV show, but "Funeral March for a Marionette" is a classic piece written for piano in the late 1870s by Charles Gounod. Do you often listen to classical music? No, rarely now though I did listen to it at my desk at work when things were getting stressful. It can be calming.
3) Janet Leigh's shower scene in Hitchcock's Psycho is considered one of the scariest sequences ever filmed. What's the most frightening movie you've ever seen? Psycho is a good one, that's for sure!
4) Hitchcock admitted that he "never trusted birds," and he took that fear and turned it into the movie, The Birds. Is there a member of the animal kingdom that just gives you "the creeps?" I haven't met an animal yet that gave me the creeps.
5) Halloween will soon be upon us. Will you carve a jack o'lantern this year? Nope.
6) What candy will trick or treaters get at your house? Zip, zilch, nada...
7) When you went trick or treating, did you prefer fantasy costumes (like a storybook character) or scary ones (like a monster)? You know, I don't even remember a costume I wore when I was little and there aren't any pictures.
8) Which candy was your favorite? Anything chocolate and I loved Bit o' Honey too. Which one were you disappointed to find in your trick or treat bag? I didn't like getting bubble gum or plain apples. Candy apples were okay and popcorn balls were yummy too. Back then (like 100 years ago) people didn't try to poison or hurt little kids.
9) Which do you find scarier -- cemeteries or haunted houses? Haunted houses, I guess. I don't find either very scary.
Thanks to Crazy Sam for this week's Saturday 9!!
You can join in HERE!
Thanks for stopping by today! Peace & hugs! God bless!




Halloween isnt a 'biggie' for us and I dont remember it being so as a young person either. We have two trick or treaters - our grands from next door....thats it. I dont like being scared, with movies, etc., so for us, it's on to Thanksgiving...a happy holiday.
ReplyDeleteSchools + churches around here do Trunk or Treat events so not too many kids go trick or treating. We did buy candy just in case we get any.
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day!
I am soo not into Halloween, but we do give out candy to be neighborly (although lots of kids beyond our neighborhood come to our street). I do want to be known as a safe place.
ReplyDeleteNever was a fan of Albert Hitchcock or his movies.
But with all that said, as a little girl, I dressed as a gypsy several times and loved that because I could wear some of my mother's jewelry and a cute vest with metallic gold ric rac.
Alfred Hitchcock was the master of making ordinary things scary!! I still cannot watch The Birds. To me it was scarier than Psycho.
ReplyDeleteI do like classical music but don't listen to it much anymore. I wanted to be a classical pianist but never got that good. I have never seen a Hitchcock movie. I don't like to be scared so I don't watch scary movies. We love Halloween and already have two big bags of candy to give out. We don't get a lot of kids but like seeing them, talking to them, and admiring the costumes. It's a great way to connect with our neighbors.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely abhor scary movies, so Hitchcock is not on my fan list. Do enjoy Halloween, or used to, but we don't give out candy anymore - keep the house dark to let would-be ghosts and goblins from approaching.
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend, Terri!
What's the most frightening movie you've ever seen?
ReplyDeleteOddly enough, this was last week at the local cinema. The ticket prices frightened the life out of me. Then the popcorn and sweets and drinks. I told the cinema manager I wanted to watch the film; not buy the whole theatre.
God bless.
Hi Terri! I remember when my mom would make homemade pop corn balls for the trick or treaters! They were good too. It is sad that people cannot do that anymore. The kids here mostly go to church or school events to get candy. I hardly have any kids that come to my house. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Good morning Terri! I didn't see your name on the linky list. I didn't like the apples either. Hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI quit linking a while back because I started getting some nasty comments from a few people. It's easier to just not link. I may go back to it again and maybe those people aren't being nasty anymore or have moved on.
DeleteI enjoyed your post, Terri...I love Hitchcock...smiles
ReplyDeleteWe never have trick or treaters here. Our driveway is 600 feet long, unlit and scary as heck!
ReplyDeleteI've never enjoyed Halloween. I'm not sure why. My sister, daughter, and cousin all love it.
I sort of miss Hitchcock … his films were epic! Years ago, while on a tour of Universal studios, our guide shared a cute story about filming Psycho. Try after try after try, he was not satisfied with the 'authenticity' of Janet Leigh's screaming in that shower scene. Finally, he suggested the crew switch water lines. Instead of the expected warm water, it was ice cold … and that was the scene that stuck.
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I have visited the Psycho house at Universal several times. Fun!
DeleteBeen so long sing I trick or treated, I can't remember costumes either. We usually made them up out of things we had on hand. Hobos were big in our family...I was a "beatnik" in the '60's. I didn't like The Birds
ReplyDeleteI think the whole thing of people tampering with treats started in the later 60's. I seem to remember at least one Halloween when I had to dump my candy for my parents to check through because people were putting razor blades in apples.
ReplyDeleteI remember that you could take your candy to the police station and they would x-ray it for you. Sad.
Delete