Monday, June 1, 2026

June 1st: Monday Musing

 








June 1st!!
🎂 Happy Birthday to my sister, Patti!! 🎂

There really isn't much more to "muse" about.  My neighbor and friend, Susan, texted an invite for lunch at their house on Saturday.  Their son, Jake, stopped by, and Chuck was grilling hot dogs and sausages. What a nice visit we had!!  Jake travels a lot for his job and has some very funny travel stories with which to entertain us.  There was a lot of laughter!  Susan told him he should write a book, and I think he should!

I went to church yesterday, and have to mention my two loads of laundry (or someone will ask me about it!!)!  LOL   Last night, I had dinner at Mission BBQ with old friends from my museum days.  Gregory, Kalisa, and Kalisa's hubby, Don.  It was great catching up with them.  Kalisa and I call ourselves Gregory's Lakeland moms.  Kalisa is retired, but Gregory still works there.  He fills us in on what's going on and who is still around.  Always fun and interesting.

I don't have a picture of Donald, but this is at the museum a few months ago...

Ellen, Gregory, me, and Kalisa


There are a couple of errands to run today, and I need to do some cleaning.  I do have a weekly cleaning schedule thing that I was keeping up with - until I wasn't.  I need to get back to it.  An hour or two each day, and it all gets done, and gets done well.  

That's enough!!  Thanks for your visit and for getting through this musing muddle!!  

Wishing you each a blessed week ahead! 

Peace and Hugs!

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I'm standing on the promises of God.

R. Kelso Carter, 1849-1928

16 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good weekend.
    I got some laundry done yesterday as well since I'm going to be running around today.
    Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Pattie!
    It sounds like you had a lovely time at Susan's and good to hear you got your two loads of laundry done. lol How great to catch up with your museum friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your sister Patti! We enjoyed you coming by on Saturday! Glad you had a good time listening to Jake's travel days! He is such a great storyteller too! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great weekend, my friend! You always have such fun things to report! I am like you. I have a good cleaning plan that works, and like you said, until it doesn't! Have a wonderful afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, Terri. Happy Monday! Happy June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When Gary and I visited you several weeks ago, I got to meet the famous Gregory. I think I said that to him, telling him I "know" him from your blog. Nice man.

    Standing on the promises of God. That's the only way to have peace and to get through what life throws at us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Patti! Lovely photos, dear Terri! It looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can tell you two are sisters - beautiful girls. My washing machine broke and had to get a new one - I was taking it for granted having one. I missed doing laundry for two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to Patti!
    We're going on 5 hours w/o power but I wanted to pop in and say "hi!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. My laundry is drying inside. Two days running I've put it out on the line and two days running I've brought it back in and put it on the clothes horse. Did the light stuff in the drier. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I laughed out loud about your laundry! Happy belated birthday to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I'm glad you got that laundry done lol. You and your sister look a lot alike. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always cleaning and seems I can never get ahead of it! Happy birthday to your sister. You both look alike. I hope you enjoy this beautiful month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to Patti, y'all look so much alike. Always enjoy your musing muddles, they make me smile. Happy June!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Patti! I hope she had a great day! And how nice of your neighbor to invite you to lunch.Sounds like it was a nice time. And then dinner with some "old friends"...always fun. I'm glad you got your laundry done! LOL. And 1 or 2 hours of house work each day? Wow, I'm impressed! I feel good if I can get 1 hour a week done! LOL. But I'm older than you! LOL. That one year + makes a difference! LOL. Happy June! Blessings to you today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to share a birthday celebration with your friend! It's always good to have a plan....!

    ReplyDelete