Good Friday (and happy weekend), friends! I took some time off to enjoy my guests over the past few days. I have a big 4-day photo-dump, so thanks if you make it through them.
I posted last Monday that blogging friend Mari and her hubby, Bob, arrived safely from Michigan. Mari blogs at My Little Corner of the World, and she took many more photos than I did. Please visit her to see her fabulous photos from in and around Lakeland. I had such a good time showing them "MY little corner of the world" while they were here.
We just chilled on Sunday afternoon. I had baked ziti and meatballs for dinner, along with salad, some garlic bread, and we had strawberry shortcake for dessert (local strawberries).
On Monday, after Mari joined my walking buddies for our morning walk, my plan was to show them around Lakeland. We visited Bonnet Springs Park first. The trolley wasn't running yet when we arrived, so we walked. It was a pretty morning, and the cold front hadn't arrived yet, so the weather was perfect for walking (but a little windy!).
From there, we stopped at Lake Morton, known as "the bird lake" to locals. It is populated by swans, pelicans, wood storks, Ibis, several kinds of ducks, and many other waterfowl. I had some swan feed in my car to attract them to us, and it worked!
The art museum isn't open on Mondays, so we had to bypass it. We also couldn't explore Hollis Gardens on Monday. We did visit Lake Mirror, though. Again, Mari took lots of photos, and I didn't.
We were "downtown," so I drove them through our beautiful "old" Lakeland. Mari loved seeing the many murals and snapped a few photos. I asked her to share this one with me (wonder why?!)...
We had leftover ziti, and both Mari and Bob said they were happy with leftovers for dinner. Even after we ate it again, I put three meals in the freezer for me to have another time. We social media-ed, watched some TV, and went to bed a little early because we had reservations for an airboat ride on Tuesday morning. Overnight, however, a cold front blew in, and it was in the low 40s when we woke up, with wind blowing from the northeast.
We went home in time to prepare for a very cold airboat ride. Neighbor Susan was going with us, so we picked her up and took off for Lake Kissimmee. I've been enjoying airboat rides there for 17 years!! I searched my photos for the first ones I could find from there, and this one came up...
(Don't know the other two guys.)
For dinner, Tuesday night, Mari and Bob treated me at one of my favorite restaurants, Gosh, Asian Bistro. We didn't take one picture, but I think we all enjoyed the food. I know I did!
Wednesday was a special day!! Mari, Bob, and I drove up to Ocala to meet up with two of our mutual blogging friends, Pamela from Closed Doors, Open Windows, and Barbara from Journal Memories. They brought their hubbies along so Bob would have some company! What a great time we had!! There were some gifts exchanged and lots of talking. Lots of talking!! Did I say lots of talking?!! Of course, we can't be at Cracker Barrel and not also do some shopping! It was such a fun afternoon!! Thank you, ladies (and gentlemen), for taking the time to join us on that fine day!!
We got home, mid-afternoon/early evening. Pizza was suggested for dinner, so pizza it was! We all ate well at Cracker Barrel and didn't need much for dinner. Mari and Bob spent some time packing and organizing their suitcases for the trip home. Their plane was to leave at 7:00 a.m., so we had to do the drop-off at 5:00 a.m.ish. The week went much too fast, and I threatened to keep them another few days. We went to bed early and were up in time to head out the door a little before 5:00. The airport is only a few minutes away from my house. No pictures of our goodbye hugs, but hug we did. Maybe some tears were also shed. I sure hope they will come again!!
I will stop there. Thanks for making it this far!! I'm doing laundry and sitting at the kitchen table typing this blog. Wishing you a restful and blessed weekend!!










A splendid time was had by all!!! I so enjoyed this recap of your week with Mari and Bob, Terri, and I think it's grand that you got to spend time with our other mutual blogging friends, too. The photos are amazing and certainly made me feel that I was right there with you. Have a marvelous weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am so jealous, so sorry I couldn't meet up with you guys. One day I will make it back down to Lakeland (instead of work related) and we will meet up. Wishing you a lovely day. smiles
ReplyDeleteIt was such a special week. We both thoroughly enjoyed our time with you, seeing things I've read about so often here and getting to know Lakeland! Of course, meeting up with Pamela and Barbara was a real blessing! Thank you for being such a kind and gracious host! And remember, you are welcome to come back to Michigan too!
ReplyDeleteI read every word, Terri. My heart still longs for Florida and I have been to Lakeland many times over the years. I had shirttail relatives that lived in Zephyrhills. I would love to be there again one day.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a wonderful time with your friends. The house always feels so quiet and a bit lonesome when people we love leave. xo Diana
Terri, your time and adventures with Mari and her husband sounded fabulous. I am glad you were able to gather and enjoy the time together. Thank you for sharing the pictures. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful and full week, your guests, the sights, and the simple moments all shine through so warmly in your post.
ReplyDeleteTerri, I loved this post and all the fun you had with blogging friends. That is awesome. The pictures are all great. I especially love the one Mari got of the swans beak to beak. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a lovely time with your friends! You are such a wonderful host showing them all of the sights! Fantastic photos!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Thanks for sharing your visit with these great blogger friends.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I was going to lead with your fab new background -- but this last (portrait) almost made me clap with delight!
ReplyDeleteI'm soooo glad your time together was chock-full of smiles -- especially the bloggers' Cracker Barrel luncheon. You were certainly thought about!
Dear Terri, it looks like a spectacular time. I love the cat eyes 😻 😽 on that building, the koi, the views and you all look amazing.
ReplyDeleteI love both your photos as well as Mari's. Thank you so much for sharing your journey.
ReplyDeleteYou all really did have a wonderful week, and you sure packed a lot of great things into it! I know Mari and Bob really had a great time seeing everying in your wonderful area...and I know we enjoyed meeting up with you all and Barbara and Gary on Wednesday. Thank you for making that happen, Terri! You really are a great trip/tour organizer!! Maybe someday we will get down there to visit. I hope so. Thank you again for being such a wonderful friend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great time!!! I love the swan 'heart'! You are very adventurous to go on the airboat!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay I am officially jealous, but a good jealous of you and the gang.
ReplyDeleteSounds like truly a wonderful visit. That boat ride would be fun!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like y'all had a wonderful visit!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you all had a great time and what a lovely lot of photos. Thanks for sharing Terri.
ReplyDelete