Monday, July 29, 2024

Recap on Monday...

 Another weekend sped by and August is just ahead.  Good golly!

I had lunch with my friend, Shirley, on Friday, after work.  We went to Cheddar's and had some good food and good conversation.  You might remember that her son moved to Lakeland several months ago.  He bought a house five or six miles from Shirley's home.  She sees him once or twice a week and he goes to church with her on Sundays.  I'm so happy for her that he is here.  She told me he bought some new furniture for his living room and she had to go see what he bought.  She approved.  Shirley will be 88 in September.   This was on her birthday last year...


I had no place to go on Saturday so used the time to scrub my bathroom, clean the litter box that lives in my bathroom, washed the throw rugs from my bathroom, and went ahead and changed the sheets on my bed.  Some of you may have seen this photo on Facebook, but here it is again.  I said that "the struggle is real..."  Casper had to help me.


After church yesterday, I went to lunch at Chili's with friends from church, Pam and Walt.  We haven't socialized before, other than chatting at church.  It was so nice talking with them and learning more about them.  They aren't in our small group, but Walt is one of our Deacons and  Pam teaches the little kids for Sunday school.  They have four grown kids and a few grandkids now.  Our Sunday school takes off when the schools are off for the summer.  We start back this coming Sunday.

I did laundry when I got home from lunch.  I'm still enjoying Expedition Bible on YouTube, with Joel P. Kramer.  Science ties in with the Bible through archeological evidence.  Fascinating!

My week ahead is open so far, other than work in the mornings.  I have Megan's wedding shower on Saturday.  She is marrying my nephew, Mike, and I am going to Ohio for the wedding in September.  The shower is at her parents' house, northeast of Orlando.  It will take me a couple of hours to get there.  I'm happy to have been invited!  She had a shower in Ohio that my sister got to attend.  They are a cute couple...


Thanks for stopping by!!  Peace and hugs!

Love lifted me! Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!


9 comments:

  1. Putting sheets back on is a pain!
    We watch Expedition Bible too - very interesting.
    Glad you had some nice lunches out with friends and I know you'll have fun at that shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only eaten at a Cheddars (in Dallas) once, but it was probably the best burger I've ever enjoyed. Your friends are sure a blessing. 
    Casper's such a funny boy! Since getting the mattress topper, the struggle is real. (Cardio, anyone?)
    Have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are a cute couple, indeed, Terri. I'm so glad you can go to Meghan's shower and to the wedding in September. You certainly won't lack for photos from that event!
    Casper only wants to be Mama's little helper, doesn't he? So charming!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo with Casper "helping" you make the bed. lol I'm thinking "Expedition Bible" is what my daughter watches and told me to check out. Hope you have a great week Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam and Walt look too young to have grandkids. What a lovely couple.
    The dogs like to "help" me when doing household chores. They follow me everywhere. I guess they think (or hope?!) that food will magically appear wherever Mommy is. LOL
    Hope your day was great. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute couple! How nice that you get to go to the shower in Orlando AND the wedding in Ohio! How sweet. I love the picture of Casper and the sheets...maybe Casper is trying to be a ghost in those white sheets! LOL. Glad you could have lunch with new people and also with your friend Shirley. You are blessed to have so many special friends around you. Hope you have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute couple! I am so glad you get to be a part of the wedding preparations (the shower) and then to attend in person! As for the picture of Casper, is he helping or hindering?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love showers, so glad you'll be able to go to this one. They are a cute couple. And how nice to have friends new and old. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many friends and go out to eat so much - I would love that! I mean that sweetly. I know you will have a nice time at the shower. They are a cute couple. I hate changing sheets - well the part of putting a fitted sheet on over a mattress pad! lol

    ReplyDelete