Monday, July 15, 2024

Monday's Weekend Recap...

 


I had a fun couple of hours over dinner at Cheddars with Livia and Wilma on Friday. Conversation is always fun with them and the food at Cheddars is so good!  

My pantry had gotten out of control, so Saturday morning I emptied it.  Tossed anything that had expired or was about to expire, washed all of the appliances I keep there but rarely use, wiped it down, mopped the floor, and then reorganized everything.  It took nearly four hours.  Now, every time I walk by, I have to open the door and look inside!!  LOL  Gotta keep it that way!!

Sunday was church, I was a greeter, and we had communion.  I did laundry and not much else when I got home.  

I have an easy week ahead with nothing on the calendar until Saturday, which is my old neighbor's 70th birthday party.  Ginny asked me to bring a pasta salad.  I found a funny card and a cute gift.  It will be a fun afternoon back in my old neighborhood.


Peace and Hugs!

To God be the glory 
Great things He has done 
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son


10 comments:

  1. I cleaned a few cabinets out last week too. Doesn't it feel good?
    Glad you have a nice week ahead. The party will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So nice to have a clean pantry! Good for you! I should probably do that sometime too. You've almost inspired me to at least think about it. LOL. How nice you had a good time with friends at Cheddars. I've never been to one of those. We don't have much to choose from here in our neck of the woods. And how nice you have an easy week ahead and a party on the weekend in your old neighborhood with good friends. That will be lovely, I am sure! So relax and enjoy your week. Yes, "To God be the Glory great things He has done!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice weekend! I hope you have a really great week too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you on the getting organized and cleaning! Must have been something in the air this weekend because I reorganized our pantry too. I still need to clean. Thankfully, nothing had expired but it had gotten all willy nilly. I like all the same cans put together so I can see what we have and/or need. Goodness it's hot & humid already (11 am). I'm staying inside as much as possible. Hope your day is cool and great. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have a pantry, but I know what you mean about taking a second or third look. Like our recent linen closet make-over. I was a little embarrassed to admit, sometimes I open the doors to stare and grin. Simple pleasures, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cleaning out the pantry: it can be shocking how some foodstuffs have expired while hiding in there! I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you let your pantry go - but good for you to clean it out!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to smile when you said you open the pantry door when you walk by, I do that too after I've cleaned out and reorganized! Hey, it's okay to give ourselves a 'job well done' and enjoy the fruit of our labor. ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a clean and organized pantry! I need to do that soon!!

    ReplyDelete