Tuesday, May 28, 2024

The Tuesday 4...

 Thanks to Annie for today's Tuesday 4 questions!  You can join in HERE!


Taco Tuesday

 Hey there... Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.

I hope your week went well.  

Taco Tuesday was coined by a Taco John's owner back in 1980 when he needed to jack up sales for Tuesday the slowest day of the week.   His franchise began offering 2 tacos for 99¢.  It was a huge hit and Taco Tuesday became a big hit in America.  But it's original name was Taco Twos Day.

Could we look at Tuesday a bit?

1. Do you take part in this nationwide ritual and have tacos on Tuesday or do you like them any old time?  I don't think I've ever heard of Taco Tuesday.  I like them any old time!

2. This particular Taco John's was in Wyoming.  Does your state have a favorite fast food place and do you like eating there?  Nothing here other than the usual fast food places.  A favorite downtown walk-up place would be Mr. Fish, but it isn't "fast" at all.  You wait at least 45 minutes for your food, even if it's not crowded.  It is worth the wait, however!!


3. Taco Tuesday was trademarked in 1989 in 49 states except New Jersey where the Gregory Hotel owns that trademark.  Taco Bell wants to sue over the use of the term.  What do you think about that?  I think 'we' are quick to sue anyone for anything these days.  There are so many Mexican restaurants around that serve tacos... does it really matter?

4. How do you like your tacos? Soft or hard shell? Hot, medium or mild salsa? Cheese? Sour cream?  I prefer hard shell tacos, but soft are good too.  Medium salsa works for me and yes to cheese and sour cream.


Peace and Hugs!

John 6:35. 'Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. 
Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and 
whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”

PS:  I had a nice surprise while at work yesterday.  My friend, Shirley, called to invite me to her house for a Memorial Day lunch with her and her son, David.  I readily accepted and enjoyed a delicious meal with them - bbq ribs, coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, watermelon, and iced tea.  Dessert was a blackberry cobbler.  It was fun talking with them and catching up with what David has been doing since his move to Lakeland (almost a year ago, now).  Mali asked me to stop in after work today for a visit with Danon. 


12 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so glad you had lunch with a friend! Have beautiful day Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a nice surprise for a great meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice surprise for Memorial Day, yum yum.
    I enjoyed your answers and agree with you on #3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, no special day for tacos.
    Glad you had such a nice day yesterday! Hope you find Danon doing well today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW, that was a goooood meal, always great to share a meal with good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lunching with friends is the best. I like hard tacos but I always make a mess after the first bite. Been sticking with soft ones for that reason. I can't have anything leafy anymore because of IBS so no lettuce or cabbage for mine. Isn't old age fun? lol Medium to Mild Salsa for me. It does have a wonderful flavor. 💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing Memorial Day to me, even though you had to work for some of it. It seems like Danon is improving every day, to that's a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've grown so weary of lawsuits. Every other commercial on television these days is one attorney or another, promising big $. Love me some Mexican food, but tacos aren't such a draw ... probably because they break and I end up making a mess. I hope your visit with Danon and Mali is really pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regarding "Taco Tuesday", here in my +55 community, the Grill has that, which is lots of Mexican food. Like you, I enjoy the cheese and sour cream on my tacos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a fan of the sue happy people. I say Taco Tuesday for everyone!
    Glad you had a nice Memorial Day! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You found the perfect graphic for tacos! I agree that people sue far too often and too much and sometimes for the silliest things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree. i think people are "sue happy" I love some good fish!

    ReplyDelete