That emoji says it all. Rain, rain, and more rain. Not complaining, though, because we really need it.
The only internet provider we have here in Lakeland is Spectrum. My 12-year-old modem was failing and the rain soaked the old connector box behind my house. I lost the internet during the storm on Friday night and just went to bed at 7:30. Saturday morning I went out and put a plastic bag around the box and taped it tight. I called Spectrum to come to change it for me. She also said I needed a new modem and the technician would bring a new one with him.
The plastic bag worked all day Saturday, so when the tech came on Sunday, I told him that my fix was working but I will be happy for him to fix it the right way. He said everything outside was loose and there were wires going in that didn't belong anywhere. I have a beautiful new box outside and a brand new modem inside to keep me connected well for a long time to come (hopefully).
Speaking of rain, we have had some big storms pass over with thunder and lightning. Casper showed a little fear and no wonder when a couple of the booms actually shook the house and a lightning strike took out a transformer down the street (BIG BOOM) and it blew out one of my breakers. Crazy stuff. I put this photo on FB so some of you have seen it... Casper wanted his momma.
There was some sad news this weekend. I've mentioned our old neighbors, Bob and Sharon, who moved to North Carolina after selling the house next door to Susan and Chuck. A couple of months ago, they sold their place up in NC (after 2 1/2 years) and bought one back here in Mas Verde. Bob was sick when they got here and was in the hospital a couple of times, coming home the last time on oxygen. He had pneumonia in both lungs and they couldn't find an antibiotic that would work on it.
Last week, they put him in the ICU and did a medically induced coma so they could put him on a ventilator to allow his lungs to 'rest' and hopefully heal faster. Well, his kidneys and liver started failing from the heavy antibiotics and he died on Saturday. So, so sad for Sharon with a new house she hoped to share with Bob. They have been making renovations and hadn't even completely unpacked because of workers and Bob being so sick. I spoke with her on the phone when she called to tell me the news. She sounds strong and okay, but so did I... It's not okay for a long time but we do what we have to do. They were married for 54 years and have one son who lives in Chicago. He has been here with his mom. It might be harder for her going forward since they don't have a church family to help with the healing. I couldn't have gotten through Joe's death without my church family and dear friends.
We were at Miller's Ale House for dinner last year
at about this time. They were in Lakeland for a visit.
Church on Sunday and my usual two loads of laundry. The Spectrum tech came at 2:45 and was here for almost two hours. Just a lazy evening with the working internet!! The week ahead will hopefully be quiet, other than work in the mornings. I'm a happy girl. Might find some projects (like cleaning out dresser drawers) to get done!
Oh, I'm so terribly sorry about Bob! What a sad time for Sharon...a sweet photo of you all.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers for her!
hugs
Donna
So sorry to hear your sad news. I am so dependent on the internet these days, though I need to get back to reading more.
ReplyDeleteI said I went to bed at 7:30 but did read for a couple of hours. Yes to reading more!
DeleteI am so very sorry to hear about your friends, Sharon and Bob. Perhaps you can invite her to come to church with you? Sounds like she is going to need a lot of support in the days to come, with no family near by either. May the Lord give her strength and peace. We never got much rain this weekend after all. One day had some good showers, but that was it. But we are just entering hurricane season, so I am sure we will get plenty of rain before too long. Glad Casper knew he was safe next to you. Glad your cable/wifi is working now. We sure do get spoiled by having that and when something goes wrong it kind of messes things up! Happy Birthday to Tammy! I hope you have a blessed week. Take care my friend.
ReplyDeleteHer sister lives here in Lakeland and this is where she grew up and graduated from high school. She does have many friends. I will invite her to church when I think it will be well received.
DeleteI am sad to hear about Sharon. I know you will be a resource for her.
ReplyDeleteWe have Spectrum Internet in Auburn and Cox here. Spectrum has way better service than Cox. I don't think we could even get a Cox person here before a week passed.We too have an old modem. I keep thinking I will take it down there and replace it, but I have yet to do it:)
Poor Casper. We didn't get too much of that rain. We got one morning and then it moved south and inland on the peninsula. Rain yes, all the other nope. Take care this week.
I am happy about the internet "fix" but so sad to hear about your friend, Bob. I feel sorry for Sharon. Thank the good Lord she has friends like you to stand by her side. Having a new home will help keep her occupied and she will make new memories on her own. Have a wonderful week. xo Diana
ReplyDeleteBitmoji.com
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your friends Sharon and Bob. Praying for you all.
ReplyDeletePlease send rain to SE Georgia. It's so dry here it's become a fire hazard again.
ReplyDeleteGosh, so sorry for the loss of your friend. It hurts to say even this temporary goodbye to the folks we love and cherish. xx
Such sad news about your friend. Praying that God gives her comfort and peace.
ReplyDeleteSo sad for Sharon and her family as they mourn Bob's untimely loss. Thank you for sharing a photo with us from last year showing them so happy and smiling. What a kind face he had! May God help and sustain Sharon in these dark days.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Terri!
What a blow about Bob -- just as they were beginning the next season in their lives! The same thing happened to my father, shortly after they retired to Florida. I was struck by your observation, Sharon sounding strong and okay. Oh my, the masks we wear! Thank you for sharing this, so we might hold Sharon in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteThat's the cutest picture! And, yea that you have an internet provider that comes so quickly. We just sort of have to get in line and wait. It can be more than a little aggravating for sure! Glad you are back in business.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about Bob's illness and death so soon after they returned to Florida. I'm really sad for Sharon. Maybe she will eventually want a church family like yours.
ReplyDeleteWow, the rain! We are in desperate need of rain up here!