Monday, August 21, 2017
Weekend Recap on Monday....
Another weekend has come and gone too fast. We sure had a good one though! Joey and Darlene came down by train so they could drive Joe's car back. They were going to get the car for Darlene's daughter, Rita, but decided to keep it for themselves. It is more economical for Joey to drive back and forth to work than his truck. They gave us blue-book value for it. With only 56,000 miles on it, it is in good shape and should serve them well. Now we will be juggling one car, which is a good thing (ultimately!).
Joey and Dar arrived three hours late, but they got here. There were some electrical problems with the train that had to be resolved. Their original 11:30 arrival turned into a 2:45 arrival. Lakeland has a very nice train station. We got there for a 1:30 arrival and ended up waiting that hour + for them to arrive, but were comfortable.
Our new furniture arrived before we had to go to the train station, so everything was in place before we got them home. We are very happy with our choices, which have more to do with comfort than with esthetics. Our new bed was also delivered at the same time. We chose a Tempur-Pedic and after three nights, we are thrilled. It is so nice to wake up without back and hip pain!
We purchased two loveseats and two recliners. They are comfy and we are happy with the leather choice. They are by Payton and came from Haverty's, as did the new bed.
We watched a few movies while the kids were here and we were all comfy as could be!! I have a feeling Joe will be falling asleep in his more often than not. We still have an ottoman coming for the center of the room. Our coffee table was just too big. Joey and Darlene took it home with them. I'll post a photo when it comes (Tuesday).
Speaking of Joe, he is still experiencing pain in his jaw and we are thankful for the pain meds he was prescribed on the second visit to the ER. The hematoma on his face and neck just keeps getting worse....
Joey and Darlene are doing low/no carbs so eating was easy for us to all stay on our diets. We went out for salad on Friday night. Darlene made pizza for us on Saturday night, using cauliflower for the crust. It was really good! Sunday morning we went out for breakfast. Eggs and meat....easy peasy.
Today we are going to the VA hospital in Tampa. Joe has an appointment with an ENT. He needs a new hearing aid and has to be evaluated before one is prescribed and provided. That will eat up most of our day. So happy to have those benefits though!!
Thanks for your visit! Peace & hugs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Love your furniture Terri. We need some new things as well and I am looking at leather. Poor Joe...I hope he is feeling much better soon. I am doing low carb as well...I miss my bread but I have lost weight. We have given up snacking as well. Glad I have my cross stitch to keep my hands busy.
ReplyDeleteOh, my, that makes me cringe to look at his poor jaw. Is the pain gone, or did you say and I overlooked the comment? Your new furniture is gorgeous! And, I'm so glad about the mattress choice....waking up pain free would be marvelous!!! ;-) Happy Monday to you, my Friend. (p.s...I discovered that our Pastor, who is originally from Florida, is actually from Lakeland...what a small world. His name is Bruce Martin and I think his sister (don't know her married name) still lives there....and his Mom was recently placed in a nursing home there)! <3
ReplyDeleteIt is a small world indeed! See if you can find out his sister's name. She might live next door for all we know!
DeleteOh my goodness, Terri, poor Joe...wow...keeping you all in prayer.
ReplyDeleteI like your furniture, Terri. Have a safe trip to Tampa.
Ouch! Poor Joe. That looks so painful. Glad his pain meds are helping.
ReplyDeleteLove your new furniture. Everyone looks super comfy on it.
Hope he gets approved for a new hearing aid.
Have a great day!
Love your new furniture. It looks so comfy! Ouch on poor Joe's face. I hope it goes away soon. I can't even imagine how painful that must be. I will be in the VA Hospital with my Joe today too. Must be the day.
ReplyDeleteYour furniture is great and I'm so glad you got a mattress you love. A good night's sleep is so important.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry Joe's got some health things going on and hope he gets the answers he needs today.
Poor Joe!!! hope all goes well soon. We have only one car for a long time now and at first it was hard but we got used to it. Hubs doesn't drive much now because of all his ailments so I do all the driving. I want him to drive more because you never know. Hugs. lj
ReplyDeleteGreat looking furniture. I feel the same way now about furniture. So different when I was growing up! Now the good old recliner is the furniture of choice. Same with dining room furniture. Ours made it so one didn't care to linger!
ReplyDeleteI hope the doctor visit went well today. His face sure looks tender! Love your new furniture and how nice to have a fun weekend with family. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteLove your new furniture....good choices! A good bed makes all the difference in the world. Joe's chin and neck look so sore and I am sorry he has to endure this. Hope the doctor visit went well and he can get the new hearing aids soon.
ReplyDeleteI've wondered if the cauliflower pizza crust was worth a try!
ReplyDeleteYour furniture looks really sharp. I'm[ going to remember Tempur-Pedic when we go to buy next Spring. (Friends' recommendations carry more weight than a 100 commercial spots!)
Sounds like a wonderful weekend with your kids...food, new furniture, et al. So sorry about Joe's painful experience. Praying it continues to get better day by day. I know it must be great having a comfy bed to sleep in, along with comfy recliners, etc. You guys are just comfy cozy!! So happy for you. Hope the Dr. appts. went well today. Take care and enjoy retirement every day!!!
ReplyDeletePoor Joe! That looks miserable. At least things are going in the right direction now.
ReplyDeleteI really like your new furniture. We are needing a new mattress too. Glad you are sleeping well on yours.
Hope the doctor visit went well and he can get the new hearing aids soon.
ReplyDeleteหีฟิต