Thursday, July 14, 2016

Throwback Thursday and More....

I was scrolling through Facebook and found some photos that I decided to save and share.


I have written about Weldon's Ice Cream Factory before, but a classmate of mine posted this recent photo on Facebook.  It hasn't changed much, except to look a little more run down.  Of course, I was 16 when I worked there the first summer....48 years ago!!  And before that, I took piano lessons from Mrs. Weldon.  The family lived upstairs.  If you enter that side door, under the "S" and turn right to go up the stairs, you find the living area.  The building is directly across the street from the Millersport Marina on Buckeye Lake, making it a great location to attract boaters in for some ice cream on hot summer days.  I met my first husband while working there.  He was just home from Marine Corp basic training (headed to Vietnam) and I was sweet 16.  But that's another story....


Buckeye Lake is about 11 miles long and a couple of miles wide at the widest point. My hometown, Millersport, sits at the far western end of the lake.  I pulled this from Google, not Facebook, but wanted to show you where I grew up.... It was great fun having the lake (almost) at our front door.




These two pictures just made me giggle.  A couple of my blogging friends here have chickens, so I had to post the one above.  The one below also tickled my funny bone. Of course it is photoshopped, but I can't help but wonder if old Bernie really does feel that way.  He never had anything good to say about Hillary....but there really isn't anything good to say about Hillary.


Which leads me to the last two things I found on Facebook that spoke to me.  We do need to be praying for our country.  Pray that we can bring her back to God before it's too late!!



Thanks for your visit today!  Wishing you a blessed Friday Eve!!  Peace & hugs.


9 comments:

  1. How very true of the last graphic you posted....we were discussing something similar yesterday. "Crooked Pant suit" sure looked bored when the Bern was speaking...lol

    Have a beautiful day, Terri, thank you for sharing your memories. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the pictures, but the one with the chicken had to be the funniest for sure. Have a nice Thursday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun childhood and working at an ice cream place would be fun but sticky!! You are so right about our country. It breaks my heart to see what is going on here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your summers were lots of fun back in the day. Love that chicken door. If I ever get chickens again I am so going to do that. Too funny!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that last one about the enemy & praying - that's really powerful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some ice cream would be really super right now. I think my favorite picture was the chicken leaving the building. Never thought about using those for a pet door! *giggle*
    Hope your day is blessed. ~:)
    redbirdacres.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Weldon's looks like a comfy, inviting spot at which to linger.

    Since my son and DIL inherited 7 chickens and a mean old rooster when they bought their new place, the toilet seat stuck my tickle bone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun photos today! I enjoyed seeing some things from your youth.
    I saw the Sanders thing on FB and laughed then too. You are right - we need to be praying!

    ReplyDelete