My doctor appointment yesterday morning went well.
My problem last week had to do with constipation and a urinary tract infection. (Sorry if that's too much information.) My innards were in trouble and making me miserable....so miserable that when I called my doctor on Thursday morning, her nurse told me I should just go to the ER, which I did. Nothing I tried on my own had worked. They did a CT scan in the ER, gave me some drugs, including potassium, which was very low, The scan came back with something questionable in one of my kidneys. The ER doctor said "...it could be a tumor". Needless to say, that stressed me out more than a little bit.
I love my regular doctor. She read the scan results and told me that "...this is why medicine is so expensive these days!" meaning unnecessary tests. The scan shows "something" but it was inconclusive and not an emergency, though a follow-up MRI was suggested. Dr. A. is sending me to a Urologist (next Monday) who will evaluate the labs I did for her today and read the CT scan from the hospital. She doesn't believe I need to worry about anything, but we want to cover the bases to make sure further tests aren't required. I'm good with that.
So, that's the story about what's been going on these past six days.
My blogging friend, Michelle, at Grammie Time, talked about using lemon water (warm) every morning HERE....I bought lemons last night and a water bottle and started the regimen this morning. Thank you, Michelle!! I'll start with warm and will enjoy more during the day!
I spoke with my dear friend, Karen, yesterday! She is healing and getting better though still has a long road ahead. She sounds great (yes, you do Karen!). We've been friends for over 50 years. How can that be possible?!!
All of your prayers are so appreciated! Thanks for your visit! Peace & hugs.


I'm so happy that your friend sounds great. I pray that she continues down this path. Thanks for sharing your medical problems too and not TMI. Have a good Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteKeeping you in prayer...just a comment...what's wrong with medicine today? How about dr.'s who make comments like the ER dr and worry ppl. He ought to have said, "Something questionable or I don't know so I am sending you..." ANYWAYS---sorry about that little rant...I pray you get to feeling better and find out what is going on. Blessings
ReplyDeleteLinda, I agree completely. I think he was totally out of line to mention tumor when he had no idea what the scan meant. Needless concern, though I still want something more conclusive.
DeleteLove your heart....so sorry you're feeling bad physically then to have mental stress added to that....mercy. I have a suggestion. When I had the UTI/kidney infection a few weeks ago, I started taking D-Mannose. It's a natural supplement and worked really well for me. It's a bit pricey, but I would have paid most anything to get rid of the pain. Research it...I did before taking it. I could only find it at a health food store. Please take care. Praying for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Deb. I'll take a look!!
DeleteHope you soon feel better and that you get a definite answer on the scan results. Hopefully it won't be anything to worry about but you need to know that. Shame about the lack of bedside manner!
ReplyDeleteDon't you just cringe when they "think"' it could be something more serious. Like, we need more to worry about. I'm glad you are feeling better and that the doctors are on top of things, even if it might mean more tests. They truly try to cover their bases. I hope you enjoy the lemon water regimen. It can't hurt.
ReplyDeleteDon't want anything to be hidden from me, but please don't plant unnecessary fear either. I'm so glad to hear your report today and am thankful with you. Praying your doctor will discover what you need. I'm sorry about your problems. Unfortunately, I've been there, done that and I sympathize with you greatly. Bless your heart.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that Karen is doing well. And you, poor thing! I hope you get your results back and will soon be on the road to recovery. UTIs are the worst!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you've been dealing with all this. I know how miserable both things can be. I also agree with you on Linda on the ER dr. So often those things are some sort of fluke and there was no need to worry you like that. The reason for the unnecessary tests is lawsuits. They have to test to rule everything outor they could be sued. It really is frustrating.
ReplyDeletePraying you are feeling better soon and next weeks appt goes just as well!
I'm so sorry you were feeling so miserable. I pray that this was just a short-lived issue and you'll be back to feeling fine and dandy again soon.
ReplyDeleteWell kiddo!!! My goodness! I'm sorry to see what you've been through!!! (can you tell that this morning I'me reading your blog backwards, so am just now getting to this post).
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you and that all the stuff going on straightens itself out soon!
Also thanks for the cheery graphics you include. I'm taking the "Give Thanks for the Lord is good" graphic to put on the side column of my blog. Stuff like that is important to share!
So glad you're feeling better, Terri. Sorry that ER doc gave you a scare, but they are human, too, and often utter something they shouldn't. Nothing like a little off the cuff comment planted in fertile ground to set a soul up for a few days of crazy worry. I think most of us have been there. At least they are looking at every thing and not letting something go untouched. I'm sure you'll feel a world of better when you hear that it's nothing. :) Hugs, Dear one. -- Karen
ReplyDelete