Saturday, January 25, 2014

Saturday and Sunday....

I'm posting this Saturday night, and will probably not do a post tomorrow, so this will have to count for both days.

We did not go to the Pig Fest, as mentioned in yesterday's post. We decided it was too cold, and would be too crowded (and too much walking). We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse instead, and enjoyed a great meal there.

Today (Saturday) we slept in a bit, then decided to go to the movies (get out of our torn up house!). We saw Lone Survivor. Very sad, very bloody, and so graphic, my eyes were closed for much of the movie. I had a headache and was almost sick to my stomach when it ended. I can't say I am glad I saw it, but can say I will never watch it again. God bless our men and women who fight for our country. God bless them. I can say that the entire tragedy could have been avoided had our troops had enough equipment. Cuts in our military spending anger me. We must maintain a strong military presence. That they didn't have enough helicopters to do the job properly is criminal. Enough said.

After the movie, we stopped at home, briefly, before heading out again for church. After Mass, we went to Sam's Club with a shopping list, and got that taken care of. I made dinner for us and we are watching some TV.

Tomorrow, I intend to start putting things back on closet shelves and sorting through "stuff". Sure wish we had our floors installed. Sigh.

Our son, Joey, is back in the USA!! We are so happy he is home from four months in Kuwait. He called last night and they are already making plans to come down next month!! I only hope we have the house put back together!

Hoping you are having a good weekend! I appreciate you stopping by, and your comments! Peace, love & hugs!!

13 comments:

  1. Happy your son is home safe! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about your son. Hopefully by then the floors will be complete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I haven't visited my blog in a month, which means I haven't visited yours either! I don't even know why your house it torn up. Time passes so fast when I'm trying to meet/beat deadlines ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! Hope you have a relaxing Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont over-do today while putting some of your things back on shelves, etc. I know you are anxious to have everything looking right and they will be...soon. Good news about Joey and also that they will visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy your son is back home safely. I know how keen you are to get your house back in order - anyone would be! The cats will miss the novelty though. Hope you're able to enjoy some down time today between sorting out things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your son is home safely. Hopefully your floors will get here soon and your house can get back in order. Enjoy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome news about your son!! Praying your floors will be there soon. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news about your son being home. Don't overdo on putting things back...a little at a time. Have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Glad to hear you son his home! Take care and enjoy his visit. Do the house slow. Don't worry, it will be there waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww..that is great news about your son!! I bet you are so relieved. I think I am going to pass on Lone Survivor..I a lot of violence in a movie. I would be like you - eyes closed through most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a real nice day. I have heard that Texas Roadhouse is a good place to eat. They opened a new one not real far from us a few months ago but we have not eaten there. That is wonderful news about your son being back in the states. Have a great week sweet Terri. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sort of envy all your work on your house. It would be nice to be able to do a good sort through and cleaning and have new floors to show for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete