Friday, January 31, 2014

Time just flies....

It sure is hard to wrap my mind around this being the last day of January! Time just goes faster and faster, the older I get.

Our granddaughter, Lauren, graduated from Monmouth University, in New Jersey, a week ago. She actually finished her course work in August, but wanted to do the cap and gown thing, which didn't happen until this month. While going through the piles of photos I've been sorting, I found Lauren's kindergarten graduation photo!  Here she is.....


Seems like yesterday, and here she is again....


We are so proud of her!! She had a paid internship during her last year at Monmouth, and that company has kept her on. We're not sure how long it will last, or if they will hire her for a full time position, but she is happy to stay in New Jersey for right now. Kathy (her mom) would like her to come to Florida and do grad school, but I think Lauren is tired of school and wants to put that off for awhile. Her degree is in communications, and she really enjoys doing research. She actually changed her major three times, so was in school a year longer than she would have been, had she stuck to her first choice.  Time will tell where this all takes her, but I know she will make good decisions.

I am so sorry we couldn't go up for her ceremony. Kathy video taped what she could, with her I-Phone, so we got to hear her name called.  Had we gone, we probably would have been snowed in, or at least delayed getting home.  Our son was not back from Kuwait yet, so he wasn't able to be there either. I'm glad we got to spend time with her at Christmas, and we did send a graduation gift ($$$) to her, back in August.

I'm so excited that the flooring is scheduled for installation on Monday! They will be here at 11:00 a.m., and say they can do all three rooms in one day.  The planks are fairly easy to install, I guess. Getting the old carpet up will probably be the worst part.  Joe will be here to see it through. I'll go to work, and I also see the Orthopedic doctor on Monday afternoon. Hoping for another cortisone shot in both knees. I'll also see how much weight I've lost. I think it's around 9 pounds.  I'm not trying real hard, though, and need to stop cheating so much on weekends.  Breads and desserts....

I wish you a good Friday and weekend! Our temps are supposed to be back to normal, for us, which is around 75°.  Hoping those of you who are snowed/iced in will all begin the thaw out. Thanks for peeking in! I appreciate your visits and comments. Peace, love & hugs.


16 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to be proud of your granddaughter. I agree that she may be tired of school for a while, but probably grad school will be in her future - maybe in Florida! How exciting about your floors...you go to work on Monday and come home to a whole new look. Be sure and get pictures for us. Happy Friday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Lauren! It's amazing how fast time goes between the little girl in that kindergarten graduation photo to the woman graduating from college! I know from reading your posts over the years, she is going to have a successful life ahead of her! That is great news about your flooring! I bet you are so excited to be close to having your house back to normal again! I can't wait to see pictures! Have a wonderful weekend, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your granddaugther. Can't wait to see the photos of the floors. I hope your knee gets to feeling better..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Lauren! Yay on them being able to install all the rooms in one day. Can't wait to see pics of it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Lauren! Kids have a way of defying us by growing up. I guess somethings are just out of our hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Lauren; she is beautiful and I wish her much success.
    Hope all goes well with the floor.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey - - nine pounds is more gone than before - - right?!! As I tell my husband, you haven't gained - - and any loss is better than the weight before. Beautiful and smart granddaughter! Some companies do the internship thing around here, too. It is good for them and also confirms to the young person if they are in the right field of work. And as you said, sometimes there is the added bonus of actually getting a full-time job from it. Hooray for the floors. My thought is you should rest this weekend because you will be putting furniture back next week! Do you have a way to move it across the new floors without scratching them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought an entire cart full of sliders to put under all the furniture, in all three bedrooms, and a small carpet to go under Joe's desk and chair. I think we have it covered.

      Delete
  9. Your granddaughter is beautiful! My daughter has a degree in Communications too and it has worked out well for her.
    I'm so glad your flooring is finally coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am with you on the time going so fast sweet Terri. Seems like January just began. Congratulations to your daughter! Hope your new floors get installed with no issues and you enjoy them for many years. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to your beautiful granddaughter. Great accomplishments!! You will love your new floors. Happy for you on the 9 pounds and hope your knees are better soon. (Bread and desserts are hard to give up.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your granddaughter hasn't changed at all! Great news about your flooring. It's perhaps the type that you put down and can walk on immediately I imagine. Can't wait to see some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your granddaughters graduation. She is a beautiful gal. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am proud of you for being proud of her. She deserves to be celebrated. My family didn't really understand what a struggle it is to graduate from University. It had been a goal of mine from grade 4. Nobody else in my family had made it to high school grad, so I was a funny bunny I guess. Also I did not want to just get married and be some jerk's baby machine. So keep supporting those who do the work before the work. My family thought I should just work in the coal mines or some other lowly occupation...I rebelled. Times change and now more girls want to graduate not just from high school but into major well-paying professions. Good on them, as the Aussies say.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to Lauren on her graduation! :) Hope all goes well with the flooring on Monday. Your temperatures sound heavenly. So ready to say good bye to winter this year! Prayers all goes well at your Dr. appt. on Monday!

    ReplyDelete