A new week ahead! How was your weekend?
I saw my new cardiologist on Friday. It went well, and I liked him! The EKG went fine. He ordered an echocardiogram. They haven't called to schedule it yet. I see his APRN in three months to go over those results, and he doesn't see me again until June 2027 (unless I need him before then)!! I take that as a good sign.
One of my friends here asked if I have heart problems. I have atrial fibrillation (a-fib) that has been under control for years. The meds I am on keep me in normal rhythm, praise God. I've had some recent concerns about a racing heart and dizziness, which, as it turns out, was caused by a nasty UTI. All gone, and feeling fine.
I did take this photo of a quilt on the wall in the waiting room!
On Saturday morning, Susan and I went to Ollie's and then had some lunch!! Susan was looking for a pot to start some ginger. She has a green thumb!! She found what she was looking for, plus a few other things. I found a few things as well. How can you go to Ollie's and not find something to buy? Is there an Ollie's near you?We had lunch at a little Italian place called Romeo's. Susan had pizza, and I had spaghetti. It was quite good. I brought my salad home to have for dinner. Susan took a picture of me. I intended to have the waiter take a picture of us both, but he never came back, and I didn't get one of Susan. It was a fun way to spend Saturday morning!
Yesterday was church. I was a greeter and will be again this coming Sunday. I'm subbing for someone, and don't mind greeting people at all!! It usually includes hugs and how are yous. I stopped at the mailbox on the way home to mail my son's birthday card. I'm afraid it will be late. I should have mailed it on Friday.
Maybe I'll get lucky, and it will arrive on the 10th. 🤞
Yes, I did my two loads of laundry and little else the rest of the day!!
The week ahead is a bit busy. The HVAC folks are coming on Tuesday for their annual cleaning and once-over. Thursday is my usual Bible study and dinner with my Mas Verde friends. On Friday, my church women's group is having dinner at the Lakeland Diner. There are around 15 attending so far! On Saturday, I have a 70th birthday party to attend for my former neighbor, Ginny. I'm happy her sister invited me, and I look forward to seeing them all. It's a big family, and they adopted me (and Joe) years ago. Ginny and Bob were great neighbors and are still great friends. They have a pool, and the grandkids will all be swimming.
Thanks for your visit and getting this far!! I wish you all a happy week ahead!!
How about this cute picture of my Casper!!
He was sitting on my lap. I changed the background, but not his pose!
Peace and Hugs!
Chorus
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me;
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
For His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me.
His Eye Is On The Sparrow --Civilla D. Martin, 1905
Great news from the dr so far--good for you! The weekend sounds like a great time!
ReplyDeleteSweet pic of Casper!
ReplyDeleteGlad your appt went well and you like the Dr. That's a very good thing.
We like being greeters too. Our turn is coming in a few weeks. I know you are good at that!
I am glad the cardiologist appointment went well. I would take him not wanting to see you until next year as a good thing. My girls were both born with holes in their hearts, had open heart surgery to fix them and are now left with leaky valves. At their last check up they were told to come back in 2 years so it means there's nothing to worry about. Phew!
ReplyDeleteYour Saturday morning does sound like fun and being a greeter at church.
Have a great week, it sounds like a busy one!
Terri, there IS an Ollie's nearby (well, half hour), and I love going there. They have good children's books. My two youngest girls hate going there, and for some reason, a few years in a row we ended up going there on their birthdays, it was so funny...(the Ollie's building seems old and run down, and my youngest never liked the back corner of that place...said it was creepy.). Anyway. It was a good cardiologist visit, that's a relief. You sound busy as usual, good! Keeps you young, and you are so blessed to have so many nice friends.
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll, that Casper!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad (but not surprised) you passed the cardio visit with two thumbs up. Ollie's? We popped in one a few years ago, but left empty-handed ... maybe I need to try it again.
PS - Love seeing your smiling face at that cute Italian restaurant!
Glad all went well with the heart doc. What a cute little pose that kitty cat is making : ) We don't have Ollies super close, but there is one I can stop in if I'm in the area where it's situated. I haven't been in there in a while, but you're right-you don't leave empty handed.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to know that everything went well with your cardiologist, Terri. Hooray! Great medical reports are always a cause for celebration. Sounds like you had another fantastic week, too. And that photo of Casper looks like a glamor shot - LOL! He is a handsome kitty for sure.
ReplyDeleteDear Terri, I am so happy you like your cardiologist. I love ❤️ the photo of you, you have a beautiful smile. And Casper is adorable. I am sending you a hug 🫂 🤗 Please give Casper a hug for me.
ReplyDeleteI love His Eye is on the Sparrow.
There was a hymn we sang at church ⛪️ when I was a little girl.
God sees the little sparrow fall, it meets His tender view.
If God so loves the little things, I know He loves me too.
I still to this day love this hymn.
It reminds me of the Scripture verse in Matthew?
Casper looks as though he knows the Lord's eyes are on him, too! Very nice picture!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you received good news from the doctor. Casper looks like a sweet boy!!
ReplyDeleteInteresting your AFIB is under control - glad for you. I am having an Ablation next week - having trouble regulating my medications.
ReplyDeleteI’m glad everything turned out fine for you. I have an appointment on the first of September to check the cardiac loop recorder they implanted in my chest last year. It’s funny—since having the monitor put in, nothing has happened, which is good, but it makes me wonder why I still need it. The battery lasts only 2–3 years, and I’ll probably choose not to get a new one unless something actually comes up.
ReplyDeleteI believe cardiologists are paying more attention to women's health, especially our hearts, than they used to.
Casper is so handsome. Isn’t it crazy how bad a UTI can be? It can do so much to us even before we catch it. Glad the doctor’s appointment went well. Finding a good one these days that you can Veblen get into is a feat. My hubby’s birthday is the 10th.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of Casper. I am a much more cat-picture appreciator these days, since we have Blackie and I love to take so many photos of him. He seems to be getting used to it. LOL. I'm glad your Dr. appt. with the cardiologist went so well. I was supposed to have a 6 month check up with mine, and the morning of the appt. I received a call telling me that he was no longer with the practice and I should see my PCP to be referred to someone else. Thankfully I don't really have any serious heart condition, but they were just monitoring it after I had that scare last fall. I see my PCP this week, so I will ask them about it. I'm glad you had a nice day out with your friend, and that you have something to look forward to with your former neighbors. That should be fun. YOu have the best friends!!! Happy for you.
ReplyDelete