I had such a nice time at lunch with my friends, Wendy and Suzette on Wednesday!! I had the day off for an eye doctor cataract follow-up appointment at 9:30 a.m. My new lenses are in place and have healed nicely. I don't need to return for a year so that is good news! I met my friends at Keke's Breakfast Cafe, at 11:30. We had such a good time catching up. Suzette is a snowbird who just returned from the north (she went back for Christmas) a few weeks ago. We want to have lunch again before she heads back in mid-March.
I tried to take a selfie, then asked the waitress
to take our photo...
to take our photo...
Suzette lost her husband a couple of years ago. She is a retired nurse (and just had her 80th birthday, if you can believe it!!). Wendy retired from Florida Fish and Wildlife. They attend the same church and we all met at Tenoroc over a year ago. God brings people into our lives just when needed, I think. We have become good friends and were at Keke's for nearly two hours talking and laughing. (Wendy and Gary's granddaughter is the hula-hoop performer I posted about a while back.)
That's all for today! I can hardly believe it is February already but am happy for the weekend to be here!!
Peace and Hugs!
O what peace we often forfeit
O what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.


So glad your eye is doing well!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad God brought them into your life. He is so good!
How lovely. Glad your eye(s) are doing well. Vision is so important. I'm glad that Spring is so close this year. I am ready to plant flowers again! I've got plans! lol Have a beautiful day my friend. xx
ReplyDeleteGreat picture of some pretty ladies! So glad you had fun with your friends♥
ReplyDeleteThanks for the words to "Sweet Hour of Prayer." The Lord has been speaking to me this week about prayer. What a blessed refuge prayer is!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got a thumb's up from the eye doc ... AND enjoyed a fun ladies lunch! Friends are such a blessing I hope never to take for granted.
ReplyDeleteGlad about your eyes Terri. I am so happy you have such sweet friends.
ReplyDeleteNo one can possibly be near 80 in that picture! I am happy about your eyes. I have really been glad I got that done too.
ReplyDeleteThere is no way anyone is 80! And I love Keke's--didn't realize there was near you, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.
ReplyDeleteWe have two here in Lakeland.
DeleteOh what fun! I agree with Linda, no one at that table looks to be 80. It's so wonderful to have good friends!
ReplyDelete