A big shout-out to our hostess, Joyce, for today's Hodgepodge! Join in HERE!
Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 503
2. What are you the uncrowned queen of? Procrastination.
3. In a box of chocolates which one do you usually go for? The caramels!!
4. Something learned at your mother's knee? Besides how to do housework and how to cook, I learned the importance of a good work ethic, the importance of faith in Jesus Christ, and the importance of family and friends.
5. 'Like mother, like daughter'...in what way is this saying true for you? I don't know. I look like my dad and take after him instead of my mom in lots of ways. Impatient, hard-headed, tall, flat-chested, big feet, arthritis... It is a huge compliment when someone says I am like my mom. She was a believer and lived her faith daily. She was kind and patient and loving and selfless. My mom was an angel on earth and even my Joe said the same. I try.
6. Insert your own random thought here. I am looking forward to going to the Museum's Mayfaire by-the-Lake this Saturday!! I enjoy going as a visitor instead of having to work all weekend, which I did for 20 years. My neighbor, Susan, went with me last year and she asked if we could go together this year. Of course, we can! This picture was from last year... (there was a photo booth in the Museum).
What a blessing that God is in control!!

Fun and enlightening answers!!
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
You may look like your Dad, but you do possess the qualities of your mother! You are a very loving and caring person, and a true friend in deed!! I'm so glad you reached out to me several years ago and said you were coming to visit! That was one of the best blessings ever received! We did not watch the coronation either, for the same reasons. Too much pomp and circumstance for me! LOL. And yes, "What a blessing that God is in control!" Amen!
ReplyDeleteI would say you have a lot of your moms attributes! Many things you listed are true of you.
ReplyDeleteCaramels for me too!
I watched some of the coronation. I like William, Kate and their kids, not such a fan of Charles though (or Harry and Meghan either!)
Hooray for Mayfaire and being able to enjoy it and not work.
Oh my goodness, Terri. My former husband used to say the same thing about my mother -- "An angel on earth." I'm right there with you about the Coronation/Charles. Makes me glad I'm not a Brit, lol!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking maybe I could give you a run for your money on being the Queen of Procrastination. lol Hope you have lots of fun at Mayfaire.
ReplyDeleteI feel certain you're very much like your mother too. Enjoy the art fair...that sounds like fun! We have an HOA meeting this weekend and I am pretty sure it won't be nearly as much fun lol.
ReplyDeleteI'm much more like my dad than my mom, too, Terri, although it sounds like she gave you a solid foundation in the faith. Have fun at the Mayfaire!
ReplyDeleteI TOTALLY AGREE with you on the coronation! I can't believe you are a procrastinator!! And caramels pull my feelings out! lol
ReplyDeleteI thought the Queen was a classic royal. Diana was a beauty and I have no desire to follow the rest of them and their drama. They should all be on a reality show for all the nonsense they throw at each other. We watch the Kentucky Derby the first Saturday of May and this year was no different. I love the tribute to your mom. I had that kind of mom too. Have fun with your friend at the museum. Sounds like a good time. Hope your week is blessed.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you can go to Mayfaire by-the-Lake and truly enjoy it! As for your mom being an angel on earth -- I wish I were more like her!!!
ReplyDelete