I haven't mentioned my job in a while but can report that it is going well. I am enjoying the camaraderie of my co-workers, am getting more work to do, and there is still no stress! Yay!
Backing up to Thursday, I went out to eat with Tim and Judy. We went to Miller's Ale House and enjoyed good meals and fun conversation.
On Friday, I met my friend and former co-worker, Marilyn (and her granddaughter Maddie) for dinner at Burger 21. We ate and talked for over an hour. It was fun catching up with them. This picture is from another lunch. I forgot to take pictures Friday evening. Maddie is off to college now and has been working this summer at Girls, Inc. Marilyn is still at the Museum.
On Saturday, I was up bright and early to get ready for my trip to Punta Gorda and lunch with Lauren and Tristan. I am very proud of our grandchildren and am blessed that they drove up to meet me for lunch. My friend, Judy, rode with me, and it was nice having company for the trip. It's about two hours for me to drive down and not quite two hours for the kiddos to drive up. We always meet at the Captain's Table, which is at Fisherman's Village. Delicious food, gorgeous views, and fun shops to explore.
I told Tristan he was squinting in the picture and he said that's his normal smile! LOL
I went to Sunday School and Church yesterday. Always good. Did some laundry and a little cleaning yesterday afternoon. I have nothing after work today but a group of women from my church is meeting for dinner tomorrow evening, at Catfish Country. We call it 'Femaleship' (a play on fellowship - but for women). We only meet for dinner once a month. No meetings and no membership. Always fun.
Peace & hugs!
Jesus loves us!!









I love that you have so many friends to have fellowship ("femaleship") with, both from church and work and even family. What a blessing. Sure is keeping you busy! I'm so glad your new job is working out well for you and that the company is pleasant and the surroundings are lovely. That was a win-win...and you get paid too! Also happy your grandchildren traveled to visit with you. I can see where Lauren especially takes after Joe with her pretty dark hair and eyes. And Tristan seems like such a nice young man. You are blessed to have them. Thank you for sharing your weekend with us. Makes me happy to see you doing so well. God is good.
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures and a nice reminder of those good times on the waterfront..
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! The restaurant views are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
Love seeing your grandkids and I know you enjoyed time spent with them. Sounds like work is going well too! YAY! Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteGosh it's good to see Punta Gorda again! Loved all the smiles, and Tristan's comment cracked me up. Cute play on words -- Femaleship! I may have to float that idea to our ladies Bible study this morning. Have a super day!
ReplyDeleteSuch wonderful photos. I'm glad y'all had a good time.
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed day my friend! xx
Love the smiles of you and your grandchildren Terri!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful sounding weekend. So glad you had time with friends and family!
ReplyDeleteThat lunch on the water looks wonderful. It's breakfast time as I write this, but you made me hungry for shrimp!
ReplyDeleteYour grandchildren are precious, Terri! I'm so glad you were able to see them both over the weekend. And I did love the ocean views you shared, too.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
sarasotajoy Are you in Sarasota? We should meet up sometime!
ReplyDeleteYou need to send me a link to your blog, please. I can't get to it from your comment. I am not in Sarasota, but close.
DeleteWhat a FUN update!!! I'm so happy to hear how your job is going! What a wonderful blessing for you.
ReplyDeleteThat meet-up with the grandchildren, wow!! I think pictures of the sea and sky are as amazing as it gets! I just love that the kids could drive halfway to be with you.
God is blessing you so much as you move through this first year without your beloved Joe.
I forgot to say how much I love that word "femaleship" hahahaha!! I gotta tell that to our women's group at church!
ReplyDeleteI love femaleship too! And I love reading this and knowing how many people love you. :)
ReplyDeleteSweet pic of you with the grands. I'm happy for you that you were able to see them.
I am blessed beyond measure, Mari. Thank you!!
DeleteHi Terri! It's been a while since I've visited blogland, it's so good to visit with you. I'm so happy for you that you're enjoying your job, it's always great when we can enjoy working. Looks like you're getting out and staying busy. I like the 'femaleship', sounds like fun.
ReplyDelete