Monday, August 2, 2021

Weekend Recap on Monday...

 


Oh my goodness, I really don't know where to start to share photos and talk about the amazing weekend I had.  Many of you have already read Pam's (Closed Doors Open Windows) and Barb's (Sweet Tea & Sandals) posts about the good times we had.  Loads of photos coming!!

I left work and headed for Ocala on Friday.  I arrived at Barb's around 3:30 and was greeted by her smile and a big hug.  She had the guest room ready for me. I had the entire upstairs to myself and was very comfortable.  Her home is lovely and full of peace that comes from faith in Jesus Christ.  I felt it when Joe and I visited there back in 2019.  You can feel the peace and love.

She planned to take me to the pool before dinner but the pool was closed for maintenance so we went to the Mall instead and walked around it twice to get some exercise (after my 2-1/2 hour drive). Walking in an air-conditioned building is the best way to exercise!!


We left there and drove through downtown Ocala and out to see Silver Springs.  It was a little late to try to go in but was fun to see it again.  I have been there many times in previous years.

We tried getting a selfie....

I had already taken a bite, but Barb made a delicious dinner for us.  Shredded pork tacos and a yummy jello/whipped cream salad.  After dinner, we settled in to watch the movie "Doc Hollywood" which was filmed in Micanopy about 20 years ago.  We watched it in preparation for our trip to Micanopy on Saturday!!  It is one of my all-time favorite movies and I think Barb enjoyed it too.

We set out for Micanopy Saturday morning and were excited to also be meeting up with Pam for lunch there.  We shopped in some of the shops, took photos, and saw Pam drive by looking for a parking spot.  Such a fun reunion.  We have all visited in person before but this was our first time being together all at once.  So much fun!!

Barb



Pam and Barb...





We all chuckled at this shop because it looks like the tree is growing out of the roof (it isn't).

This is where we had lunch, and Lily Grace joined us!!



They had live music...



We enjoyed our lunch and talked and talked, then Pam needed to leave.  Barb and I walked around a bit more and then we drove to my former boss's home.  Claire invited us to stop by and see her home (she moved to Micanopy when she retired from the museum where we both worked).  She had peach tea ready for us, gave us a tour of her historic home (part of it built in the 1890s) and we had a great time sitting in her kitchen catching up.  It was a windy day, so we are a bit wind-blown here...




When we got back to Barb's we decided to go to the pool for an hour or so.  It was nice to relax in the warm water after walking so much in Micanopy.  Barb's community is beautiful, including the pool area!



She made a delicious salad for our dinner, with yeast rolls, some more of that yummy orange fluff, and ice cream for dessert, which we had while watching one of Barb's favorite movies, "My Blue Heaven" with Steve Martin.  It was a very nice evening before we headed for bed.  We went to the early service at Barb's church.  BIG and well-attended.  The pastor had a great message and the praise team was very professional sounding. 


After church, we went to the World Equestrian Center in Ocala. It is HUGE and so beautiful.  There are many (10?) indoor arenas and a very large outdoor arena in front of the 5-star hotel. It was raining, but we didn't let that stop us!!



There were lots of dogs in the stable areas. Barb loved on them while I loved on the horses!





Inside the hotel...





We didn't dare go into this pastry shop!! 


Barb took these and shared them with me...


We ate lunch in a little Italian restaurant on the property.  It was very good.  We headed back to Barb's house from there so I could get on the road back to Lakeland.  The rain had settled to sprinkles and my trip home was an easy one.  My kitties were happy to see me.  They were well cared for by Mary Jane.

It was a great get-away for me and was so good for my soul.  Thank you, Barb, for having me, and thanks to Pam for joining us in Micanopy!!   Blogging friends are the best!!

Peace & hugs!  Jesus loves us, this I know!

18 comments:

  1. Great pics! Sounds like you had a great time.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful depiction of our happy weekend together, Terri! Thanks for all the pictures. We really made some good memories, didn't we? How exciting that Pam could be a part of it. I so enjoyed meeting Claire, too!

    Hey everybody, FYI, if you want a cheerful houseguest who adapts well to everything, complains about nothing, and even cleans up after herself -- Terri's your gal!

    We had some good, honest conversations about where we are in our lives now and that really helped me to get some things into perspective.

    Thanks, Terri, for spending quantity and quality time with me! Love you, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend... I do so miss my Florida friends since I moved.. something about Florida hospitality..easy to forget...sorry we never caught up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to see the pictures from all of you. I know it was good for all of you to see each other. I enjoyed traveling along vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice to see my old stomping grounds, smiles. Like I told Barbara and Pamela, I was squealing with delight not only because of seeing my old stomping grounds, but because y'all met up, smiles. It does a heart good to see you all, truly it does. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Barb's blog last night and I was so happy to see you two friends together and having a great time. Now I want to go to Micanopy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It certainly sounds like and looks like you all had a wonderful time. I'm so glad the three of you were able to have a real life get together. Thank you for sharing all the pictures with us. Now, I must go read the other two reports.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Terri, this was wonderful! You really had a full weekend! Barbara is the consummate hostess! I am SO happy she thought to include me for your visit to Micanopy! It was SO wonderful to see both of you again and to give you real live hugs!! And Lily Grace was so happy to be a part of the party!! I hope we can all meet again someday, since we are all "your friends from Florida"!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the perfect weekend, Terri! I've so enjoyed your photos, Barbara's and Pamela's. Now, you've got me wanting to watch Doc Hollywood, as it's a movie I've never seen. Micanopy is a such a lovely, old-fashioned town, too. My favorite pics? You loving on the horses!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great trip and a fun break. We all need that with friends. Loved all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing weekend you girls enjoyed! Love seeing the smiles and delicious-looking food. Now I'm wanting to take a stroll down that street in Micanopy!
    ... After I stop to see the equestrian center. So surprised when I learned thoroughbred blue-grass country's not just in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful weekend! Thank you for sharing it with us. I enjoyed seeing parts of Florida I've never seen. In fact, I'd never even heard of Micanopy before. It looks like my kind of town. Maybe if I ever get down there again I'll hint to go there. So glad you girls had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, it all sounds wonderful and y'all had a great time, I'm sure! Love the pics. Thanks for sharing.
    Love & Blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This makes me so happy! I already read Barb's post about it and I told her that I love how God brought you together years ago and now you are such a support to each other. What a blessed weekend for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Terri!!! What an absolutely wonderful weekend!!! I loved every detail and each picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow from me too! What a fantastic weekend. Thanks for sharing all the lovely pics and details.

    ReplyDelete