Saturday, October 24, 2020

Saturday 9...

 Thanks to Sam for today's 9!  You can join in HERE!



Lights


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Lights (2011)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song was inspired by a young Ellie Goulding's fear of the dark. What scared you when you were a kid?  Fire. I remember being afraid that my parents would forget a cigarette and the house would burn down. Must have seen something on TV to give me that idea when I was only 7 or 8.  I also remember worrying about raising my little brother and two sisters if anything happened to mom and dad. When I was a teen, I was sure vampires were real and wore my cross necklace 24/7.
 
2) She thinks back to the room where her brother and sister slept and she felt safe. Did you share a room when you were growing up?  No. I was lucky enough to always have my own room. My two little sisters had to share but I never did.

3) Ellie Goulding grew up in public housing and worked her way through the University of Kent in Canterbury. Back in those days, her favorite job was theater usher because it offered her the perk of seeing plays for free. What's the most recent "freebie" you scored? (This includes a buy one/get one deal, extra points on your credit card, etc.)  I score BOGOs at Publix every time I go there to shop.  Thursday night, when we were out to eat, Judy and I both ordered a glass of wine. It was "happy hour" so we both got TWO glasses of wine. (Neither of us drank the second glass. Such a waste.)
 
4) Even though today she is an international music star, Ellie still lives modestly. She describes herself as "still in university mode," and limits herself to $10/day for lunch. Where do you economize?  Those BOGO groceries are one place and I never pay full price for shoes or clothing. If it's not on sale, it doesn't come home with me.

5) Ellie has proclaimed herself "a cat lady" and often posts pictures of her cats to her Instagram account. What's the most recent photo you took?  At the VA waiting for Joe to come out after his audiology appointment.  The sky was beautiful.



6) Ellie appeared on Sesame Street. She, Elmo, and Abby thanked clouds for raindrops, lakes, and the water we drink. Would you be thankful for a little rain this weekend?  We have been getting rain nearly every day for a few weeks now, so no we don't need rain again this weekend.

7) In 2011, the year "Lights" was a hit, Prince William married Kate Middleton. Ellie not only attended the wedding, but she also sang Elton John's "Your Song" for the couple's first dance. Tell us a song that reminds you of a romance in your life.  Flashdance. My long-time readers will understand.
 
8) Also in 2011, AT&T abandoned its attempt to buy T-Mobile. Which company is your cell phone carrier? Are you happy with them?  We moved after years and years with Sprint to Boost Mobile. We are very happy with them and it is a real boost to our budget, too.

9) Random question: What recent experience made you feel old?  Getting out of bed every morning!  Ha!!

Peace & hugs!  God bless!!


12 comments:

  1. I love BOGO buys! And I don't shop for clothes very often, especially now during this pandemic. I prefer to wear an item of clothing until it wears out. Love being thrifty!
    Blessings for a great weekend, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything BOGO is a plus! I am not a shopper especially since I dont drive any longer...if I need something, I order online. I shared a room with my mother when I was growing up as we lived with my grandmother. Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had a lot of rain here too.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...fire is such a heavy duty fear for a little kid! I don't think I've ever run into a kid who was afraid of fire. In fact, when I was in youth ministry it kind of surprised me how many of them liked to "play" with fire. No fear of it at all! Yes! I love Boost, too! Low price, no contract, and great service. Have a great day, Teri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was afraid of tunnels when I was little. I remember cowering in the back of the car when we went through one. Back then there was a big one you had to go through to get to Chattanooga( pre interstate) and it reduced me to tears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I hear you on getting out of bed. My (biggest) childhood fear was something happening to my parents, too; and I'd have to go live with his grumpy preacher brother and wife in Sarasota. Love scoring a great sale, but I do the majority of clothes/shoe shopping online (Thred-Up or Stitch Fix) for previously loved stuff. I was amazed at the quality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a time getting out of bed at times too.
    I love BOGO'S at Publix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We should really look into switching to another phone carrier.
    The BOGO's are awesome! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a Trac Phone and use pre pay---every 3 months it only costs me $45 for unlimited and that's a Smart Phone--and that's only because I am working and have to have a smartphone to access schedules etc. I miss Publix...smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, Linda's trac phone sounds like a good deal. We use Straight Talk and it costs me that much per month. I need to check into that. Although I have to be sure we have coverage here. We are kind of out of the mainstream out here. I love BOGO's too at Publix. I used to be scared of someone breaking into our house when my sister and I were home alone. We used to plan where we would hide if someone did. Thankfully no one ever did. I also was afraid of the Peter and the Wolf story that we had on a record along with the book. It was scary. Also The Wizard of Oz still makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to worry about something happening to my parents too. My 2 sisters and I shared a room, my brother had his onw, until my parents built a new house when I was in 8th grade. Then I got my own room.
    I'm with Linda - I use Tracdone too. I can still do all the things a fancy phone can but for lots less money!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have, indeed, had some beautiful blue skies of late, contrasted so well against the huge white billowy clouds!

    ReplyDelete