Sunday, September 13, 2020

Sunday Stealing...

 Thanks to Bev Sykes for today's Sunday questions! You can join in right HERE!








Stolen from Bankerchick

 




1. Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month,  I will send a check to our lawn maintenance people.  That's it.  I loathe lawn work and am happy to farm it out!! LOL

2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there." ~Thomas Fuller  What does this quote mean to you?  Be ready for something new... seeds fall from birds or come in on someone's feet.  You can be as careful as you can, but be ready for something unexpected - in your garden or in your life!!

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?  Blessings.

4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous?  I would be quiet and just listen to you. I'm not real chatty with people I don't know.

5. Do you like the color yellow?  Yes. Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? My kitchen curtains are yellow and I do have a couple of yellow tops in my closet.

6. Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black-eyed Susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?  Black-eyed Susans!

7. Flip flops or bare feet?  Flip flops but I wear sandals most often.

8. Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?  Living in a fishbowl... aren't we all during this crazy time with someone taking our temp every time we turn around, watching us for masks, waiting for us to cough... (winking).

9. Have you ever been fishing?  Yes. Did you catch a fish? Yes. If so did you keep it or throw it back? Kept it.  If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?  I grew up in a fishing family. Our summer vacations were to a fishing camp in Ontario, Canada. I don't like fishing so usually babysat my little sisters but we all had to clean/filet fish when they brought in the catch and that was sometimes 100 fish between two boats. I love freshwater fish fried with Old Bay Seasoning.

10. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?  Chapstick.

11. Your favorite fish tale or movie?  I have lots of favorite movies and was reminded of Moonlighting the other day.  My dad had lots of fish tales and I would love to sit and listen to him tell a few again.  He has been gone since 1989.

Speaking of good movies, we watched one last night that our friends, Judy and Tim, recommended.  If you haven't seen Peanut Butter Falcon, please look for it. It was on Amazon Prime.


12. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight, or night?  Daylight.  Explain why you chose your answer.  What you see is what you get.  No twinkle or darkness.  Just me.

13. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear? It is a t-shirt that was my mom's.  She died in 1995 and I took a couple of her clothing items. I still wear it a couple of times a month and it hasn't even worn on the edges.  I always say I feel her hugging me when I put it on. I hope it never falls apart!

14. What's been the best and worst part of your summer so far?  Are you kidding? This is the summer of 2020!!  I guess the best part is that things are finally opening up some and we don't feel like we are in prison.

15. Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan?  I like his music and always sing along or at least tap my feet when one of his tunes comes on the radio.  If so, what's your favorite JB tune?  Margaritaville, of course. Changes in Latitude is a good one, too!


Wishing you a blessed Sunday!

Peace & hugs!  God bless!!




13 comments:

  1. Wow, lots to ponder here. I don't know any Jimmy Buffet tunes. I guess I was tuned out during that era, lol. I still have my mother's sweater, and I feel the same way when I put it on...like she is hugging me. I love it. The quote about things growing in the garden, I have corn plants growing under the bird feeder, does that count? LOL. I doubt we'll get any corn. I was hoping for sunflowers, but they get about a couple of inches tall and die. Wow, it is pouring rain as I write. Gonna be another wet day! Hope you are high and dry where you are. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy listening to Jimmy Buffet, Terri, and I think it is so wonderful that you've hung on to the T-shirt that belonged to your mother - so sweet! I hope it never falls apart, either.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard for me to talk to strangers until I have had some time to listen to them, see what they are about. However, I dont recall you and I having a hard time chatting when we met! I like Jimmy Buffet songs too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answers today. Especially #13.
    Have a great Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Jimmy Buffet too. Black-eyed Susan would be my choice from that list too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! At least you have a good governor and is allowing things to open up, smiles. I can't wear yellow or even have a yellow nothing, I love the color, all shades. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a sweet and positive person. I think of blessings too. My kitchen is yellow and I have sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really do not talk much to people I do not know either. Loved your answers. Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Many things grow in a garden that were never sown." What a thought-provoking quote. Yes, we need to be diligent and take care of the weeds early on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, loathe yard work of any kind. (Thankfully, Tom doesn't mind!) We finally upgraded to a Hopper 3 this week to get Prime movies. Streaming's been a challenge, but yes. I saw that listing for Peanut Butter Falcon and look forward to checking it out! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sweet movie!! Let me know what you think. Joe loved it too!

      Delete
  11. I hate flip-flops. If someone put a pair on me, I would be tortured enough to tell every secret I ever knew. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you have a shirt from your mom to wear. She would say she's hugging you too!
    I can't stand flip flops - that thing between my toes bugs me. I'm barefoot as much as possible!

    ReplyDelete