Sunday, June 9, 2013

Am I the only person who irons....????


The cleaning is done, and I only have one more load of laundry to do.  On track for "getting it done" this weekend. I have ironing to do, though, and more than usual. The clothes I laundered on vacation have to be pressed, and there are always a few pieces that need tidied when they come from the dryer.  I'm taking a break, but got about half of it done.

Vinny is making progress.  He actually found the window in Joe's office (where we relocated him) and sat in the window for an hour or so today!  He also sat on my lap for about 15 minutes, while I petted him and talked to him.  We also introduced him to the pool area (the "outside" for the cats). He was confused, but did not try to climb the screening. After looking around, he turned and ran back inside. I was quite pleased with him, that he felt safer inside, and didn't think about escaping outside. Whew!  He is safely sleeping under the day bed again.  I think there will be some great improvement this week, with him gaining confidence and feeling safe and loved.  The other four cats are all slugged out, outside in the heat. It is hot and humid today, but no rain so far.

I put steak out to thaw, for our dinner. I already have salad cut up and ready, and will make another vegetable to go with it. Dinner will be easy to finish tonight.

I need to get back to the ironing.  Thanks for stopping by.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Peace, love & hugs.

11 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read that Vinny is making progress. I've been meaning to ask if you have every tried Feliway spray to calm cats. You spray a little on a paper towel and leave it in the room or car or whereever you are placing the cat to help calm him. Our vet used it when he helped us move our 6 cats two hours back in April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me again.....here is a link to Feliway spray
    http://www.feliway.com/us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mildred! I will look at the link! I think this might be good to calm the other four so they aren't so hyper about Vinny invading their space.

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that Vinny is settling in. Good for you for ironing. I avoid it whenever possible. :)
    I have a little steamer that does wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear Vinny is making progress. I use my iron all the time but I use it for my quilt squares. It's been years since I have ironed clothes lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont iron. Ever. Never. I buy clothes that dont need it, and I do not iron sheets or tablecloths....I am a bum! lol Vinny is beginning and before you know it, he will be out by the pool too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for Vinny!

    I only press the wrinkles out of things when absolutely needed. Usually I just take things out early and let them shake out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I iron. I even invested in the wide (almost) $100 ironing board from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It has at least a ten year warranty on it. My board is set up near a TV so it is almost relaxing to iron and catch up on pre-recorded DirecTV shows. I don't like drying our shirts and pants because they seem to last longer when air-dried and also hold their shape better. When we were first married, my husband said he didn't know what I did different than his mom but he noticed his clothes weren't getting shorter each time they were washed.
    I will tell my daughter about that spray that Mildred mentioned. She was considered something of that nature while her fourth cat adjusts with the other two. Vinny is doing extremely well - - - after a car trip, new house, surgery, and other cats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to iron but I'm so glad that most of our clothes don't need an iron if I can get them out of the dryer before the wrinkles "bake" in. Then I hang them to finish drying.
    I'm glad Vinny is making progress. As you said, I'm sure you'll see a lot more this week.
    You have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As dryers are considered a big waste of energy in Spain and most of us haven't extra space for them, I iron what I deem necessary. Wrinkles are not beautiful here. I can't iron without music though. I love the smell of air-dried clothing, but some of my towels are initially a bit scratchy until I've dried off with them a couple of times. I'm talking about the cheap ones; my designer towels are nice and spongy. I know some people iron towels and even socks and underwear. Not me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay - I do iron - once in a great while - lol!

    ReplyDelete