Friday, June 21, 2013

Not so bad.....


The procedure this morning only took an hour and 15 minutes or so, not the two hours they said it might take. It wasn't as awful as I was expecting. Not something I would want to do everyday, though!  Ha!  One spot was a cyst that aspirated easily and didn't require a biopsy.  The other one was not a cyst.

Now I have been given permission (orders) to take it easy for 48 hours.  No heaving lifting, no showers, and no underwire bras (which I don't understand?).  Joe is allowing me to do nothing. He just left to pick up Chinese food for our dinner.

Thanks for your prayers, and for your concern.  I won't know the results until next week. Of course, hoping for the best.  I mentioned to the doctor, when he said he hoped it was scar tissue or a fibrous mass, that I had a lot of friends praying for me, and he responded that he would also pray for me. Nice.

So, I'm kicking back tonight and tomorrow.  Sunday, I need to get some cleaning done, in advance of our company.  It's "just" family, so I'm not going to go crazy. They understand.

Thanks again, and thanks for stopping by.  Peace, love & hugs.

10 comments:

  1. So good to hear that from your doctor. Just don't try to do too much. I just found a recipe that your daughter-in-law might like, since you said she would eat dairy products I think. It's baked spinach pasta, which sounds good to me, so I pinned it on pinterest. Thanks for letting us know how your procedure went. Will be praying along with many others that the tests come back negative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your prayers are appreciated, Brenda! I will go check out the recipe, and thanks for thinking of us!

      Delete
  2. It's such a blessing when we have a Christian doctor. I'm glad the procedure went well. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
    It's good that Joe is taking care of you. And "fixing" dinner. Mmmm... Chinese food.
    You take care and don't try to over-do. Follow the doctor's orders. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to pray for you. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your tests weren't as bad as u thought. Follow Dr's orders and rest and take it easy. Don't overdo it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! I'm quite happy to take it easy. The numbness has worn off, and there is a bit of an ache. Not horrid, but not pleasant, either. This too will pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad it went well and that Joe is taking good care of you! Have a good weekend and we'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the procedure went well and that you aren't in a lot of pain. I hope the results will be excellent for you....take it easy now and don't overdo. Thanks for the nice facebook comment on the pics...it was my last day with Arlene and family and I miss them already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad the procedure went well and that even your Dr. has you in his prayers. It's so sweet of Joe to help you take it easy. Try to enjoy your "time off" and try not to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a good guy there.....still praying and thankful your doctor does as well...that means so much to me...having been around all kinds of doctors, these are special for sure.

    ReplyDelete