Friday, April 18, 2025

Friday Fotos...

 


On Wednesday, my friend Mali and I went over to Fort. De Soto Park.  It is in St. Petersburg and is a beautiful and historical place that is well worth seeing.  Mali had been there several times before, but years ago.  I had never gone there.

There is still a lot of hurricane damage visible, and Mali remembered seeing a mulberry tree that we tried to locate.  It is on a map, but even with the map, it remained elusive.  Mali is a bird-watcher, and she talked about the mulberry tree being full of birds.  She was excited to see it, and we were both disappointed to miss seeing it.  

The weather was beautiful.  There were no clouds in the sky.  The beach is long and lovely.  There are restrooms, a snack bar, and a gift shop.  There is a real fort.  Here are some photos I took...

Mali drove (yay!!) so I could take pictures!  Tampa skyline from I-4/I-275






An Osprey and nest in a high (dead) tree...

A gopher tortoise was digging out sand from her burrow.  She was busy!
Sorry, you can't see it in this photo.

One of the several piers...


In the distance, you can see the Skyline Bridge...


This fountain had a whole bunch of honey bees buzzing around it and drinking from it.
I've never seen bees "drinking" water before.


Malie took a video of the bees and told me I could use it for my "blog fodder"!!
I hope it plays for you!

Pretty flowers blooming...


I love seeing our proud red-white-and blue flying against the blue sky.

The Skyline Bridge looks a little closer...
It is 4.14 miles long and is quite an experience to drive across it.
Cruise ships fit comfortably through the center span.


Tropicana Field (home to the Rays) lost its roof during the hurricanes.  
I got this photo as we drove by.


We left Fort De Soto just after 1:00 and decided to stop at PF Chang's 
in the West Shore Plaza (Tampa) for lunch.  I had teriyaki shrimp with noodles.
I also had hot and sour soup.  It was all delicious.


Mali had a chicken (something) with fried rice and an egg roll.
She said it was also delicious.


It was a fun day!!  Mali is between jobs right now, which makes it a good time for us to have a few adventures, like our day trip to Sebring.  We are planning a trip to the Webster Flea Market in a week or so!!   Please keep Mali in your prayers for a good interview with a great organization on the 25th. It would be a perfect place for her next career journey.  Thanks!

Peace and Hugs!

Thank you, Jesus!


14 comments:

  1. Oh- seeing this makes me miss Florida so much. I loved the drive over that bridge. There used to be so many places that called my name. I have a shirt tale relative that lives in Sebring and that is where I got my first Cockapoo-a gal on the beach gave him to me (Smokey)....Lordy, I loved that dog. Sorry you were not able to find the mulberry tree but glad you have a wonderful traveling companion! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful on a gorgeous day with your friend. I hope the Mulberry tree wasn't destroyed by the hurricane. Keeping Mali in my thoughts and prayers that her interview goes well and she gets the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful day you gals enjoy! Having worked in both near West Shore (Tampa) and downtown St. Pete, your images sure make me happy. That Sunshine Skyway is, indeed, something else. Thank you for sharing your fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An outing is so good for us!!! Looks like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun adventure! I enjoyed the photos and Mali's video. Glad you've had these chances to go on these outings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great day, with clear blue skies, and hopefully not as hot as it could have been. Really beautiful scenery. I've never been to that part of our state! Saying a prayer for Mali as she interviews for a job, and praying for God's will to be done for her! Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous place, Terri, and I loved Mali's video, too. Praying she can find the perfect job. Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never lived in Florida, but the clear beautiful sky looks so nice. You looked like you had a nice time. I think I would like your meal a little better -with some Wonton soup.
    Have a GOOD FRIDAY TODAY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for taking us along on your trip. The photos of water and sand are soothing to my soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool trip. That looks like a lot of fun. It's the kind of thing I would enjoy too.
    Our Mulberry is covered with ripe berries. The birds are loving it. I wish I had planted more of these trees now. Beautiful photos. ✝️

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. Thank you so much for sharing ❤️ Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful photos! I am sorry you couldn't find the Mulberry tree. I have wonderful memories of those trees as a young child. Your trip looked like it was fun and spending time with a friend is always a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved seeing the pictures from your outing. I have never been to Fort DeSota. I need to add that to my list. It would be right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And close enough to Lakeland for an in-person greeting!

      Delete