Saturday, December 7, 2024

This Week's Saturday 9...

 Thanks to Crazy Sam for today's questions!  You can join the fun by clicking HERE!


Hurt So Bad


Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants' posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



Saturday 9: Hurt So Bad (1980)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) Do you have any aches or pains this morning?  I have arthritis in my back and I feel it most of the time  Tylenol helps.

2) In this song, Linda Ronstadt complains that her ex doesn't get what she's going through. Have you recently felt misunderstood?  Not that I am aware of.  

3) Now let's put a positive spin on it: Is there someone in your life who gets you completely?  Not anymore, but Joe sure did.  I was very blessed!

4) Linda recorded a best-selling album in Spanish, and has also performed in French, German and Italian. How many languages do you speak?  Just English.  I know a few words in Italian, and Spanish, and can count to 12 in German and 10 in Japanese. 

5) Linda once dated George Lucas of Star Wars fame. Who is your favorite Star Wars character?  It's been years - many years - since I saw Star Wars.  Not a favorite.  Maybe Chewie.

6) Steve Martin has spoken affectionately about Linda and their romance in the 1970s. Are you a Steve Martin fan?  Yes.  I've enjoyed the Hulu show "Only Murders in the Building".  It's pretty good.

7) Linda worked consistently and successfully with record producer Peter Asher throughout the 70s and 80s. Tell us about someone you enjoyed working beside.  The staff at the museum, where I worked for 20 years, was like family. I've been retired for almost 8 years and still have lunch with a few of my former co-workers now and then.

8) In 1980, when this song was popular, People magazine named author Stephen King one of the year's most intriguing people. Have you read any of his books or short stories?  I read quite a few of King's books AND Dean Koonze's books. I got tired of them.  Same basic outline with different characters and locations.  I haven't read either of those authors in years. It got so I could figure it out well before the books ended. 

9) Random question: Looking back on last week, would you describe it as exciting or boring?  Somewhere in the middle.  Not especially exciting and not boring. 

Peace and Hugs!

Angels we have heard on high...

14 comments:

  1. You were blessed to have such a wonderful work environment. I've always been able to get along with most everyone, but I find more and more often these days that coworkers are out for themselves and think little of throwing another coworker under the bus or spreading gossip. Sometimes it can get to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand about the arthritis...and you were so blessed to have a great working environment. Wishing you a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe was certainly a blessing!
    I like your being in the middle answer. I think it's a good place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve seen one season of Only Murders, loved it and will have to catch up on the rest of it eventually

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Only Murders in the Building. I laugh so much during that show.
    Ok, so I thought you still worked at the museum. I thought you had gone back part time. See how I make things up as I go? Hahahaha. I am glad you still get to have lunch with them. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Japanese, really? That's impressive, Terri!
    I've never seen a single Star Wars ... no regrets. Yes, having dear workplace colleagues who feel like family is priceless.
    Tylenol helps my arthritis, but I've found Frankincense oil's also a nice alternative. This getting older's not for the faint of heart!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arthritis has got to be such a bummer, Terri. I'm glad that Tylenol helps you. I remember other songs Ronstadt did, but didn't know about this one or that she had a relationship with Steve Martin. I do recall that she dated then Gov. Jerry Brown for some time. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regarding Steve Martin, yes, I'm a fan. Father of the Bride, Father of the Bride II, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, My Blue Heaven....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and me both with the arthritis in the back. But Tylenol doesn't help me a bit. Do you use a special kind of Tylenol for arthritis? I use Ibuprofen, but the dr. doesn't want me to use it every day. So I hurt one day and feel better the next, although when working at putting up decorations and standing cooking, etc. too long, nothing much helps. Getting old is tough! I hope your weekend is being relaxing and enjoyable. Talk to you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was blessed to enjoy the work career that I had... I cannot imagine otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. It is so nice to work with people who are like family!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use Voltaren gel, the Sam's Club brand, every night on my shoulders, hips, and lower back. I highly recommend it.

    I laughed at your answer about figuring out a book before you get into it very far. That's how it used to be with the old Christian fiction books I read as a teenager. Every book started out with a guy and a girl. One was poor, one was rich, one was a Christian, the other one was not. By the end of the book they were both Christians and they were rich and of course they were married. Hallmark movies also are entirely too predictable to hold my attention as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I don't watch Hallmark movies. Too predictable.

      Delete